Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

You would need to stay up tonight and see if he plays. If not you can take him away and put your new guy in whenever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

matthew8 wrote: »
    You would need to stay up tonight and see if he plays. If not you can take him away and put your new guy in whenever you want.

Makes no difference. Once you have him in at TE and the game is played he will lock in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

CoachTO wrote: »
    Makes no difference. Once you have him in at TE and the game is played he will lock in there.

Well yeah that's more or less what I said (well the grammar nazi in me says I probably should've put a comma after take him away but still). Another thing he could be asking is whether he can leave the TE slot blank tonight, which I'm pretty sure you can do as I've seen games played in which people don't notice their only defense is on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Question: I have Jason Witten in my side & he is unlikely to feature tonight for the Cowboys. I currently have no backup TE... If I leave the TE spot blank and pick up one through Waivers/Free Agency will I be able to add this player to my lineup for the weekend games?

Yup you will.. you can sub players in as long as they haven't played yet so long as you can actually leave the spot empty.. I don't know if you able to actually do that though so..

On a side note - I knew the android app was bad but tried using there on my tablet and literally no buttons work at all.. whoever designed it should be fired asap and never let near being a programmer ever again..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Pretty sure you can just move him to the bench tonight, leave the TE slot empty, and add someone there on Saturday.

I left a DEF on the bench by accident last year with the slot empty, and it stayed on the bench.

You've always been able to move players before their game starts, so I would've thought you could just move one in to the empty TE slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

padraig_f wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can just move him to the bench tonight, leave the TE slot empty, and add someone there on Saturday.

I left a DEF on the bench by accident last year with the slot empty, and it stayed on the bench.

You've always been able to move players before their game starts, so I would've thought you could just move one in to the empty TE slot.

Thats what I thought alright... I'll give it a go anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

NFL TRANSACTIONS RULE
    ADDING AND DROPPING A PLAYER
    If your team is over or under the allowable limit of roster spots (check your Custom League settings for your league-specific settings), you may need to add or drop some players.

To Add a player from your team page:

Click Add at the top of the page
    From the player list, either filter or search for the player you wish to add to your team
    Click the + under the Action column next to the player you wish to add to your team
    On the Add Player page, either select a player to drop from your roster (if you are at the limit) or select Do Not Drop A Player (if you have an open roster slot), then click Confirm
    Review your potential acquisition and then click Confirm Add

Depending on your league settings and the time of the week, you will either have immediate access to your added player or you will have to wait for that player to clear waivers before being added to your team.

To Drop a player from your team page:

Click Drop at the top of the page
    From the list of players on your roster, check the box next to the player(s) that you wish to drop
    Review your potential player to drop and click Submit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Question: I have Jason Witten in my side & he is unlikely to feature tonight for the Cowboys. I currently have no backup TE... If I leave the TE spot blank and pick up one through Waivers/Free Agency will I be able to add this player to my lineup for the weekend games?

Yes afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Witten is Active! so he will play some part tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Active and causing a headache for everybody who owns him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Good thing I've Ogletree on my bench.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

infacteh wrote: »
    Good thing I've Ogletree on my bench.......

Division 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

FYI: This worked out ok. Left Witten on the bench and claimed Ed Dickson from Waivers who is now in my lineup for the weekend. Thanks to all who responded...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Anyone start Ogletree last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

fisgon wrote: »

queue lots of ' no's '

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

somehow managed to find myself in a 16 man 2 QB auction keeper league that drafts this saturday. the standard is quite high with a few US football writers involved. I have never done a 2 QB league, an auction draft or a keeper one so to say its all new to me is an understatement.

Anyway budget of 220,

arian foster costs 33 to keep, greg jennings 34, vernon davis 17. Foster is valued at 87, jennings at 62, davis at 18 in the projected auction costs. I presume the value from foster and jennings means I should keep them? Davis im not sure about, i see him having a much better season this year so would like him just not sure at that price is there value to be had.

any help would be appreicated

Trippie wrote: »
    somehow managed to find myself in a 16 man 2 QB auction keeper league that drafts this saturday. the standard is quite high with a few US football writers involved. I have never done a 2 QB league, an auction draft or a keeper one so to say its all new to me is an understatement.

Anyway budget of 220,

arian foster costs 33 to keep, greg jennings 34, vernon davis 17. Foster is valued at 87, jennings at 62, davis at 18 in the projected auction costs. I presume the value from foster and jennings means I should keep them? Davis im not sure about, i see him having a much better season this year so would like him just not sure at that price is there value to be had.

Keep foster and Jennings. You can get Olsen for cheap and will have a similar season if not a little better fantasy wise to Davis. Also there are plenty of other te's at his level so you won't be much worse.

Foster and Jennings are both 'studs'.

Trippie wrote: »

Anyway budget of 220,

What is your total budget? Is the 220 what you have left after keeping the above guys or is it pre keeping any of them?

If the 220 is the total budget definitely keep Foster and Jennings and Davis. Still leaves you with a healthy share to spend on other players.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Keep foster and Jennings. You can get Olsen for cheap and will have a similar season if not a little better fantasy wise to Davis. Also there are plenty of other te's at his level so you won't be much worse.

You sure you mean Vernon Davis? Davis was the 8th highest scoring TE in Fantasy last season. And at a cost of 17 is good value. Olsen is good but fantasy wise Id say he will still score 30 odd less than Davis will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

fisgon wrote: »

Not on any league here but the fella im matching up against this week had him on the bench. Thank ****!:D

You sure you mean Vernon Davis? Davis was the 8th highest scoring TE in Fantasy last season. And at a cost of 17 is good value. Olsen is good but fantasy wise Id say he will still score 30 odd less than Davis will.

No chance. Remember panthers have dropped shockey in the off season a look at the qb's. Olsen has a 'stud' throwing to him. Olsen is the biggest sleeper at te but if you can keep the 3 do. I just think there is plenty better value at te if you can only keep 2

No chance. Remember panthers have dropped shockey in the off season a look at the qb's. Olsen has a 'stud' throwing to him. Olsen is the biggest sleeper at te but if you can keep the 3 do. I just think there is plenty better value at te if you can only keep 2

I agree to some extent but the fact he has Davis at 17 bills if other people see Olsen the same way you do and he drops Davis he will end up paying the same or more for Olsen. Davis is a better TE and last year was somewhat of a drop for compared to the seasons previous. Davis is a proven Tight End both at Fantasy and real levels.

Olsen has yet to fully prove himself at Fantasy level. If you take a punt on Olsen and he fails to live up to what everyone expects and puts up average numbers again you lose out. Seems daft to make that gamble. Everyone is thinking Olsen will put up big numbers and he has gone early enough in all drafts so far so everyone is watching him and gambling on the what ifs.

If it was a normal draft and the big guys went already including Davis I would say grab Olsen quickly but my money would be on Davis to have a better season fantasy wise and I even think he will have a bigger year than the last 3 seasons.

Also dont forget the market is probably already shallow at Tight End the fact its a keeper league

plenty better value at te if you can only keep 2

Have you done an auction draft yet?

Here is the Top 12 Ranked Tight Ends in Fantasy from 2011 in an Auction Draft I did with a bunch of American coaches there last week. Olsen would be further down the list but I threw him in there to show you what I mean. As you can see I can't see much better value than Davis at 17 unless you want to try gamble on getting one of the below cheaper the way some of the lads did in this draft.

Gronk 40
    Graham 43
    Hernandez 30
    Gonzalez 21
    Finley 30
    Witten 12
    Gates 13
    Davis 17
    Celek 5
    Keller 16
    Pettigrew 10
    Fred Davis 15

Olsen 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Those prices look interesting, would much prefer Gates to Davis straight up, and if you could get him cheaper great!

Witten gates, Pettigrew, Olsen all cheaper. Again if you can keep all 3 great but how can anyone recommend dropping foster or Jennings?

Witten gates, Pettigrew, Olsen all cheaper. Again if you can keep all 3 great but how can anyone recommend dropping foster or Jennings?

Those 3 were cheaper only because most wasted too much money on the better guys but that is the beauty of an auction draft and the gamble of an auction draft. Some guys in the league im in have just average Tight ends because they refused to bid high on tight ends and bid high elsewhere and ended up losing the other 3 guys to folk who had money left in their kitty at the end.

And with those prices you would be a fool to drop foster or jennings because they will definitely sell for a lot more if they hit the open market.

Those prices look interesting,

Big time and the budget was only 200. Very interesting draft to say the least and its a 16 man League.

What is your total budget? Is the 220 what you have left after keeping the above guys or is it pre keeping any of them?

If the 220 is the total budget definitely keep Foster and Jennings and Davis. Still leaves you with a healthy share to spend on other players.

ye total budget is 220, i figured id keep these 3 and also akers at a dollar. Jennings costs 38 not 34, either way i will have used 89/220 of my budget.

2 qb league so i presume most of the QB´s will be kept. One guy has brady and brees so doubt he will give up either. If all the good QB´s are gone I think its going to be nigh on impossible to win though.

• Advertisement

sh#t, just realised i will be playing rugby at the draft time today, is there anyone able to draft for me in the 16 man, 2 QB auction keeper league. draft will be at 12pm or am i guess irish time, it would be much appreciated, literally willing to sign control of the team over as well if you want. pm me please

Advertisement