Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Just how good is the Broncos Run Defence? Missed their game last week

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kinnikinnik5

Just how good is the Broncos Run Defence? Missed their game last week
    They looked good against Pittsburgh, but they lost Ty Warren for the season and could have some depth issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

They looked good against Pittsburgh, but they lost Ty Warren for the season and could have some depth issues.

Cheers, just got Michael Turner against them this weekend, and just trying to figure out whether I should keep him in to start after his poor showing against my KC side

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kinnikinnik5

Cheers, just got Michael Turner against them this weekend, and just trying to figure out whether I should keep him in to start after his poor showing against my KC side
    They are at home. Hopefully Turner well have a better game for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Alex smith or big Ben ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

smith is solid if u want low risk option, go for big ben if u want a risk without revis he sud do alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

The year of the QB my a**. :mad:

Have Rogers as my QB in 2 leagues - 10 points.
    Brady in another and Stafford in a fourth.

Unless minor miracles happen, I'll go 0-4 this week.

Not getting anything from these guys is killing me.

Should have stuck with RB/WR in the first few rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

boccy23 wrote: »

That's what I said and now I have no RBs bar Donald Brown til week 5 or so and by then Spiller could well be the number 1 in the Bills backfield :(

hopefully Forte will be back to being a great RB though or I could end up going 0-16 unless I manage to find a decent RB to pad my numbers each week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lost to CoachTO by 0.42 points in NFL Oireland. :mad:

Lost to CoachTO by 0.28 points in the Boards Keeper :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Lost to CoachTO by 0.42 points in NFL Oireland. :mad:

Lost to CoachTO by 0.28 points in the Boards Keeper :mad::mad:

Thats how I roll :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Anyone who would like to be in the Late to the Party league please tell me - we need one more person to fill the league for tomorrow's 9pm draft!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Do Punt / Kick-off return yards count towards your WR score?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No, usually any TD's count towards the DST team.

Some leagues are setup differently though so it depends how the league is setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

adrian522 wrote: »
    No, usually any TD's count towards the DST team.

Some leagues are setup differently though so it depends how the league is setup.

Thanks, I'm guessing thats why Devin Hester is just sitting there unpicked.... Too good to be true. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I have Cam as my QB1 and had RG3 on the bench for the last 2 weeks.

I just made the following trade

RG3 + Jamaal Charles for Shady McCoy and Matt Stafford.

I'm sure i got the best of this taking my team and Charles situation into consideration. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I'm sure i got the best of this taking my team and Charles situation into consideration. Thoughts?

Yes you got the better of that trade, Shady is a much better upgrade on Charles. I'd go further and try to trade either Cam or Stafford (keep which one you personally prefer) for a QB2 and an upgrade at WR or TE, its pointless having either QB on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    boccy23 wrote: »

That's what I said and now I have no RBs bar Donald Brown til week 5 or so and by then Spiller could well be the number 1 in the Bills backfield :(

hopefully Forte will be back to being a great RB though or I could end up going 0-16 unless I manage to find a decent RB to pad my numbers each week

I feel your pain. I lost both Jackson and Forte too. I had Bush handcuffed. Missed out on Spiller by a few picks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Great trade.... Can make it even better by moving Stafford on too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Who would you guys hold onto Green-Ellis or Stephen Jackson for the coming season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I feel your pain. I lost both Jackson and Forte too. I had Bush handcuffed. Missed out on Spiller by a few picks tho.

Does winning a NFL managed league count for anything because I picked up Spiller late enough in my NFL league and with Arian Foster I'm ripping **** up of late :p Highest points last week, and second highest projected this week - mind you team project highest is being projected almost 160 points so if that happens :o
    All the same can you claim kudos if you win an NFL league because that's one of my main fantasy aims is right now :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Does winning a NFL managed league count for anything because I picked up Spiller late enough in my NFL league and with Arian Foster I'm ripping **** up of late :p Highest points last week, and second highest projected this week - mind you team project highest is being projected almost 160 points so if that happens :o
    All the same can you claim kudos if you win an NFL league because that's one of my main fantasy aims is right now :cool:

I was projected to get 150 last week. Ended up with only 115. I managed to win but I score 25 more than my projected score in the first week so I haven't a bull's notion what's gonna happen tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Who would you guys hold onto Green-Ellis or Stephen Jackson for the coming season?

Green Ellis... He's getting the touches. Who knows what's goin on wit Jackson. Did he pick up a hamstring? If he's limited could b. Sharing with Richardson for next couple of weeks who looked really good v Washington. If your keeping Jackson pick up Richardson

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Anyone have an opinion on which would be the better fantasy start this week?
    Seahawks D/ST or Bills D/ST?
    Seahawks have done me well so far, and it'll be tough for the Pack visiting them but I still think Rodgers will do well so I'm not too sure what to go for....

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

revz wrote: »
    Anyone have an opinion on which would be the better fantasy start this week?
    Seahawks D/ST or Bills D/ST?
    Seahawks have done me well so far, and it'll be tough for the Pack visiting them but I still think Rodgers will do well so I'm not too sure what to go for....
    Well the Bills are facing Cleveland, who would you rather have your defence face, The Browns or the Packers? I'd probably play the Bills, but only this week :cool:

Should I go for Gonzalez or Martellus Bennet at TE this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Well the Bills are facing Cleveland, who would you rather have your defence face, The Browns or the Packers? I'd probably play the Bills, but only this week :cool:

I have a feeling both defenses leave him with a damned if you do damned if you dont type situation. I can see Richardson absolutely raping the Bills defense. Bills defense have already given up 134 yard avg per game so far. For what its worth the Seahags are 12th best team against the Pass but the Cardinals and Cowgirls are no Packers when it comes to throwing the ball around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Ben Tate or Deangelo Williams this week?

Should I go for Gonzalez or Martellus Bennet at TE this week?

Went for Bennet and it worked out so far. 73 yards and a TD for a decent enough 13.30.

Happy enough with it. Gonzalez will probably now go and score twice as much but **** it.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Can someone explain to me why Antonio Brown's fumble and recovery for a TD counts as a passing TD for Roethlisberger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Having seen Charles in action yesterday against the Saints, that trade might not be as in your favour as you might think (although to be fair, when you made the trade it did seem a good one, hindsight n all that)

Advertisement