Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Can someone explain when looking at multiple players on the waiver wire to me.
    I've never been looking to get more than one at a time.

I have position number 2 and I really need a running back to replace Jackson. Missed out on Spiller but now Choice is available. So I've put in for that. Also want to strengthen my bench wr but I don't wanna put in another waiver request to waste my number 2 position if I'm not successful with my Choice bid as that can wait.

Am I better off waiting to see if I get Choice and then see what's on the FA list or do I have the option to reject the add of a wr if I don't get Choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Can someone explain when looking at multiple players on the waiver wire to me.
    I've never been looking to get more than one at a time.

I have position number 2 and I really need a running back to replace Jackson. Missed out on Spiller but now Choice is available. So I've put in for that. Also want to strengthen my bench wr but I don't wanna put in another waiver request to waste my number 2 position if I'm not successful with my Choice bid as that can wait.

Am I better off waiting to see if I get Choice and then see what's on the FA list or do I have the option to reject the add of a wr if I don't get Choice?
    I'm in the same league as you & to be honest I don't think you should be worried if you don't get Choice. A few days ago I checked the activity of the owners of the teams & the fellow who is no1 on the waiver wire hasn't been active in the league for a few weeks.
    Also I would think its doubtful ye would both go for the same player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Computer got a virus on saturday night, looking at my teams now that I have it back is so annoying !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Time to sit Cutler? I have Russell Wilson for one team and Schaub on another. Wilson has a nasty matchup, but Schaub has a nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

I'm also faced with that decision Matthew both on NFL.com and MFL.com. In my Boards team I have Rivers as backup, in the MFL team I have (gulp) Josh Freeman. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

matthew8 wrote: »
    Time to sit Cutler? I have Russell Wilson for one team and Schaub on another. Wilson has a nasty matchup, but Schaub has a nice one.

You're in my league so maybe I shouldn't be giving advice but I'd absolutely bench Cutler, at least while Forte is out.

My take on the Bears last game against the Rams:
    They haven't really fixed the offensive line problems, they've just masked it for the moment, by doing more 3-step drops, and getting rid of the ball quickly. While it has reduced the no. of sacks, it isn't really a solution, as it makes their passing game overly predictable. The opposing defense can just play press-man coverage near the line of scrimmage, and it's very hard for Cutler to find open receivers. This is what happened against the Rams, and it showed up in the numbers: 170 passing yards, no passing touchdowns, at home against a below-average Rams defense.

With Forte out, the backfield is more predictable as well. Bush isn't a receiver and is a more of a downhill runner. With Forte back, it will open things up a bit, but with him out, and the offensive line problems, the offense is predictable and easy to defend. Check Forte's status closer to the weekend, but latest I heard is he's unlikely to play this week.

To me, it's a no-brainer to me to play Schaub. The Titans defense stinks, they've conceded 34, 38 and 41 points in their 3 games so far (and their win against Detroit was the flukiest of wins).

I'd probably play Russell Wilson as well. The Seahawks are limiting his passing attempts, but the Rams defense isn't great and you'll usually get some valuable running yards with him.

I actually really rate the Rams defense. They killed Matthew Stafford and Cutler. I just can't play Cutler against Ware though. He'll be murdered. GB all over again. At least Schaub and Wilson won't get me negative points. One thing about Rams is RG3 got 20 points on the ground alone against them, so maybe Wilson could get his first rushing TD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I actually really rate the Rams defense. They killed Matthew Stafford and Cutler. I just can't play Cutler against Ware though. He'll be murdered. GB all over again. At least Schaub and Wilson won't get me negative points. One thing about Rams is RG3 got 20 points on the ground alone against them, so maybe Wilson could get his first rushing TD.
    I had cutler last year and had to bench him due to his inconsistency. It's the one position you can't afford to have a poor weekly points total. Schaub is a no brainer imo.

I do like cutler, but his problem is even when he's doing well and grows in confidence he seems to force more passes and make poor decisions.

I actually really rate the Rams defense. They killed Matthew Stafford and Cutler.
    Fair enough, that was one of my more flippant comments. When you're watching your own team you tend to focus more on what they're doing right or wrong, but yeah I guess you also have to give some credit to the Rams' defense. They did shut down the Bears passing game and while Michael Bush had some success early on, they seemed to make some adjustment on the line and defended the running-game well in the second half.

On balance though, I thought it was more the Bears' conservative offensive gameplan making it easy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kinnikinnik5

CJC86 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why Antonio Brown's fumble and recovery for a TD counts as a passing TD for Roethlisberger?
    I don't think is should have been but that's just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Should I go for Gore or Alfred Morris at RB this week?

Morris has out scored Gore for two of the three weeks, and I've left him on the bench for all three.

I'm kinda tempted to just put him in there and see how he gets on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

As Brown fumbled and then recovered it someone has to get the points for it. The play was made from the initial pass by the Big Ben the points will go to both WR and QB. The way the statisticians see it is Big Ben threw and completed the pass and Brown ran into the endzone lost the ball but recovered so it was still Ben to Brown reception which finished by Brown for a TD.

Is Kendall Wright worth a 4th spot on the waiver wire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

0-3 which is not good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

CoachTO wrote: »

As Brown fumbled and then recovered it someone has to get the points for it. The play was made from the initial pass by the Big Ben the points will go to both WR and QB. The way the statisticians see it is Big Ben threw and completed the pass and Brown ran into the endzone lost the ball but recovered so it was still Ben to Brown reception which finished by Brown for a TD.

The way I see it, and I thought it was seen this way by the stat guys, is that the passing play essentially finishes when the ball is fumbled. It shouldn't matter that it was the same guy who recovered the fumble, it should be a fumble recovery TD, not a passing TD.

Funnily enough, I think Brown should still get the points for it, as he scored the TD, even if the fumble was his fault. I think it may be harsh on Ben, but technically it shouldn't be a passing TD.

I'll be honest, the big reason I'm commenting is because those 4 points cost me a win. Maybe I should be cursing out Sidney Rice for only getting 22 yards, rather than the 40 I needed, or Belichick for not giving Ridley the damn ball, or Cutler for being awful, but it is a bit annoying when I think that I'm "technically" right.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

I'm benching Romo for Flacco this week, especially given the match-ups they face. That may remain the case for the forseeable future.

I picked up Choice off waivers and got rid of Jahvid Best (as he was sitting on my bench collecting dust...)

And I'm benching Hillis because that signing just looks silly now seeing what Charles has done for KC.

It's sad when the whole dynamic of your team focuses on picking up Tashard Choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i also have Romo but my other option is Alex Smith so idk which to choose cause i dont fancy either this week, had Romo starting last week and he let me down so i might give Alex Smith a shot but then again Romos at home but Smith is up against the jets minus Revis.......?

also at TE...should i play Finley or Daniels? both have good match ups on paper! although NO have only allowed 3 TD for TE so far and Titans can't defend against TE full stop

added Javon Ringer and Jerome Simpson this week... Ringer incase Tennessee dump Johnson or reduce his production and Simpson cause i need cover for Nicks now but i hope he makes it to play the eagles.

swoody wrote: »
    i also have Romo but my other option is Alex Smith so idk which to choose cause i dont fancy either this week, had Romo starting last week and he let me down so i might give Alex Smith a shot but then again Romos at home but Smith is up against the jets minus Revis.......?
    The Bears defense has been excellent (leading the league in sacks, one TD conceded in last two games) but I'd still go with Romo because of the expected run/pass ratio. The Jets offense is one of the worst around (and 49ers defense one of the best), so you can easily see the 49ers getting ahead and running the ball a lot. The Bears offense isn't anything to write home about either, but I think it's easier to see the Cowboys getting behind in that game, and Romo having to throw more.

To take two examples, the Cowboys went behind early against the Seahawks, and they had 40 passing attempts/16 rushing attempts.

The 49ers were in control against the Lions (which is how you could see it playing out against the Jets), and they had 31 passing attempts/27 rushing attempts.

And while Revis is a significant loss, the Jets are still a well-coached defensive team, I don't think Smith is going to suddenly light it up because Revis is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

5 WRs to choose 3 from....help me out....

Marques Colston, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Sidney Rice and Aldrick Robinson...thoughts?

pretty sure Robinson will be benched...but not sure about the other 4 :confused:

Bench Rice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Am interested in trading for a WR if anybody's looking to shift one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody got any opinions on who to play from Shaun Draughn, Danny Woodhead or Tashard Choice at RB for tomorrow?

I've been switching to a different one for the last few days, thinking Choice is a no go with Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller recovering quicker than expected. I'd very much doubt if Woodhead will get as many carries as last week and thinking Draughn will get a few extra given Peyton Hillis' status and them not wanting to give it to Charles all the time. Opinions appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

personally i woud go with Woodhead...teams may be expecting him to get more carries now, but i still think he has enough surprise in him to out-do Draughn...

WTF Nicks??? out again for another week with a sore knee and ankle...seriously?!?!
    and he might miss the browns game they're saying as well (bloody hell)

i have to play Gibson now against a strong Seahawks Defence or find someone on the waiver instead....(i'm already gambling on simpson this week)

anyone have a recommendation instead on gibson?
    here a some of my options.......

T.J. Graham
    Earl Bennett
    Derek Hagan
    Kevin Walter
    Early Doucet
    Eddie Royal
    Armon Binns
    Golden Tate
    Brandon Tate

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anybody got any opinions on who to play from Shaun Draughn, Danny Woodhead or Tashard Choice at RB for tomorrow?

I've been switching to a different one for the last few days, thinking Choice is a no go with Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller recovering quicker than expected. I'd very much doubt if Woodhead will get as many carries as last week and thinking Draughn will get a few extra given Peyton Hillis' status and them not wanting to give it to Charles all the time. Opinions appreciated

How much do you like to gamble?

I think Draughn's numbers look more impressive this season (168 total yards on 24 possessions) than Woodhead's (93 yards on 31 possessions), but Draughn's only ever played 3 games in the NFL, so it's a pretty small sample size.

If it was me, on a fringe position like that, I'd go with the guy with a higher upside. That's usually the guy with the highest ypc, so I'd go with Draughn. It's not without risk, but I don't mind taking a risk on a fringe player like that.

padraig_f wrote: »
    How much do you like to gamble?

I think Draughn's numbers look more impressive this season (168 total yards on 24 possessions) than Woodhead's (93 yards on 31 possessions), but Draughn's only ever played 3 games in the NFL, so it's a pretty small sample size.

If it was me, on a fringe position like that, I'd go with the guy with a higher upside. That's usually the guy with the highest ypc, so I'd go with Draughn. It's not without risk, but I don't mind taking a risk on a fringe player like that.

Yeah I hear ya, it's just I'm weak on RB's, only have to play two mind but those are my options for RB no. 2 with Lynch being my no. 1. Already a little weakened with my team as a whole as well with Hakeem Nicks out so I'm having to hope Laurent Robinson actually does feature today and has no negative side effects from his concussion last week.

It's a massive toss up, the Chargers run defence (Draughn) is better than the Bills (Woodhead) too so there's that as well. I think I'm just gonna have to click a button and hope I pick the best.

Jackson is active and starting for the bill today

I'm overthinking this problem way too much now, Logan Mankins out could mean the Pats run the ball a whole lot more and Woodhead gets more carries :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Brian ****ing Hartline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

radharc wrote: »
    Brian ****ing Hartline

Picked him up off waivers during the week. I then agonised whether to start him or Deoin Branch....

31.3 points from Brian Hartline!

Advertisement