Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Behind in two of my boards leagues, D7 and PPR, but behind by less than six in the former with Marshall and the Dallas D to play and down by four with Demarco Murray the Bears D in PPR. Looking good for a second successive sweep barring injuries or a 70-63 shoot-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Went 4-0 for the first week ever.

IN NFL Oireland now 2-2 after a bad start. Have a good bit of depth at receiver with Decker, Amendola and Julio Jones aswell as Cobb and Malcolm Floyd on the bench.

In Division 2 also 2-2. Need Chris Johnson to start picking up in the next few weeks.

In the ESPN leagues doing much better - 4-0 in Boards IDP and 3-1 in Boards Dynasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

How do you get into the leagues? I have an FF team since the start of the season, does that make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Have a question to ask you guys, In another league (not Boards) I have a choice to start at QB, Jay Cutler, who is facing Jacksonville this week, or Roethlisberger, who is facing the Eagles. Who would you pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kinnikinnik5

Have a question to ask you guys, In another league (not Boards) I have a choice to start at QB, Jay Cutler, who is facing Jacksonville this week, or Roethlisberger, who is facing the Eagles. Who would you pick?

I'd go with Cutler, not because he is better but because Jacksonville's defence is worse than Philly's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Cutler played well last week, and Jacksonville's defense is very poor. They don't allow a ton of points to QBs, but they're just a bad pass defense, which Cutler will take advantage of. The Eagles have been brutal to opposing QBs, allowing only 10.5 PPG, 4.3 less than the Jaguars.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Cheers lads for the response!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

My fantasy team is 0--4 thus far , mainly due my team being decimated with injuries
    Forte , and spiller
    but my WR's is not great ,
    I have Roberts (Cards)4.20pts last night
    but out the remaining matches this weekend I don't know who else to start at WR positions

out of
    Donnie Avery V GB
    Malcom Floyd V Saints (Floyd has been soo disappointing for me)
    Kerley V Texans
    Eric Decker V Pats
    i need to start 2 of the four
    I'm desperate for a win (probably not going to be weekend however I want to try)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

RG3 or Dalton?

I've lost Janikowski due to his bye week so I can't afford to mess this one up. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

I've traded Romo for Donald Brown of the Colts because I was in dire need of something, anything from my running backs on a consistent basis. Since Brown's a starter, at least I have THAT to fall back on.

F*ck the Peyton Hillis experiment, too, btw.

But now I'm stuck--should I start Brian Celek or Heath Miller this week at a tight end this week? Both teams play each other...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

RG3 or Dalton?

I've lost Janikowski due to his bye week so I can't afford to mess this one up. Any opinions?

RG3 for me, he's been a stud thus far & its too big a risk to bench him

Benny Cake wrote: »
    RG3 for me, he's been a stud thus far & its too big a risk to bench him

Hopefully you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

WOAT set of games right there. Could cost me all three leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Looking for opinions on a prospective trade

Im giving up Alfred Morris and Brandon Marshall and getting back Ryan Matthews and Jordy Nelson.

My other RBs are Charles, Bradshaw and Doug Martin and my WRs are Megatron, Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, Decker and DeSean Jackson.

We play two RBs and two WRs with a RB/WR/TE flex. Thanks in advance

Blured wrote: »

Im giving up Alfred Morris and Brandon Marshall and getting back Ryan Matthews and Jordy Nelson.

My other RBs are Charles, Bradshaw and Doug Martin and my WRs are Megatron, Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, Decker and DeSean Jackson.

You'd be losing out on both ends of that trade. Morris is the #1 in Washington and with Helu on IR and Royster battling injuries even if Shanahan wanting to play his silly games he doesn't have the pieces to do it.

Marshall is probably my tip for the #1 overall WR in fantasy this year, the amount of love and targets he's getting from Culter is bordering on the ridiculous - he had 17 targets on Sunday, no other Chicago receiver had more than four.

Matthews has had so much injury trouble and now has Jackie Battle vulturing goal-line (if not more) touches. Nelson has completely under-performed this season, and that's with Greg Jennings on the blocks more times than not.

I wouldn't do that deal in a month of Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Syferus wrote: »
    You'd be losing out on both ends of that trade. Morris is the #1 in Washington and with Helu on IR and Royster battling injuries even if Shanahan wanting to play his silly games he doesn't have the pieces to do it.

Marshall is probably my tip for the #1 overall WR in fantasy this year, the amount of love and targets he's getting from Culter is bordering on the ridiculous - he had 17 targets on Sunday, no other Chicago receiver had more than four.

Matthews has had so much injury trouble and now has Jackie Battle vulturing goal-line (if not more) touches. Nelson has completely under-performed this season, and that's with Greg Jennings on the blocks more times than not.

I wouldn't do that deal in a month of Sundays.

nelson will definitely be targeted more now benson is gone. A fit Matthews is a better prospect than a shanahan rb. Marshall has cutler throwing to him. Enough said.

risky, but there is upside in having matthews and nelson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

yeah I don't think its the worst trade I've seen offered. Think the Shanahan RB situation has cleared up. Morris loooks a good deal better than helu et al and has claimed that role full time. Not a Matthews fans but he's still a decent RB

I'd prefer Nelson to Marshall at WR though

Dodge wrote: »
    yeah I don't think its the worst trade I've seen offered. Think the Shanahan RB situation has cleared up. Morris loooks a good deal better than helu et al and has claimed that role full time. Not a Matthews fans but he's still a decent RB

I'd prefer Nelson to Marshall at WR though

Can't understand that on any level. Jennings when healthy is still the #1 receiver and will eat into Nelson's targets whatever way you look at it. Then you have Finley, Cobb, Jones and even Driver still getting looks, all players Rodgers has shown he trusts. Green Bay is loaded on offense, Cutler has Marshall and Marshall alone, especially now Jeffreys is out with a serious injury. Whatever people think of Cutler as a real-life QB it's clear these two are one of the best tandems in the league and interceptions counting for nothing for receivers means Culter's canon arm is all gravy for Marshall owners.

I don't think there's many that will argue that Nelson is a better bet than Marshall going forward.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, Nelson has been a big let down so far this season, wasn't really worth the pick I spent on him and I'd trade him for Marshall in an instant,

Even with Jennings gone his targets haven't increased.

I need a WR for this week.

I'm looking at Brandon Gibson. No one else pops out at me. The injury to Amendola should mean that he gets a few more receptions, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Syferus wrote: »

I don't think there's many that will argue that Nelson is a better bet than Marshall going forward.
    Don't really mind if many others agree/disagree

I trust the Nelson/Rodgers combo way, way more than Cutler/Marshall. I think you're both understating how good Nelson is and overstating how good Cutler, Finley and Cobb are

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I trust the Nelson/Rodgers combo way, way more than Cutler/Marshall. I think you're both understating how good Nelson is and overstating how good Cutler, Finley and Cobb are

The packers just haven't been the same this year though with Joe Philbin gone as OC. The Bears have looked pretty good and Cutler and Marshall work really good together and seem to be just picking teams apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kinnikinnik5

I need a WR for this week.

I'm looking at Brandon Gibson. No one else pops out at me. The injury to Amendola should mean that he gets a few more receptions, right?

I'd look to see if Andrew Hawkins or Donnie Avery are still floating around the waiver wire. They might do ok this week. I'm just not sure how much you trust the Rams offense against the Dolphins defense.

I'd look to see if Andrew Hawkins or Donnie Avery are still floating around the waiver wire. They might do ok this week. I'm just not sure how much you trust the Rams offense against the Dolphins defense.

Both are taken.

I think I'll just take a chance on him. It's for one week and he might be a little bit of use as my back up WR. Hankerson is currently my back up WR. His scores haven't been great, apart from that one week where he got the TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Blured wrote: »

This is an absolutely crazy trade. No chance I'd give up Morris/Marshall for an injury prone Matthews and an underperforming Nelson.

No one is doubting Nelson is talented, or indeed that Rodgers is the better real-life QB of the two. Situation and at the very, very worst equal talent of Marshall only leads me to one conclusion, though - like it or not, Rodgers spreads the ball around like a paint brush and Cobb, Finley, Jennings and Jones will eat up a hell of alot more looks than a punt returner and Earl Bennett will from Marshall.

It really is almost impossible to forsee a situation where Jordy Nelson could even hope to out-produce Brandon Marshall the rest of the way, barring injury. Marshall hasn't totaled less than 1000 yards receiving since his rookie year and already has three fantastic seasons under his belt with Culter, there is very apparent chemistry there and any doubts about that they wouldn't pick up right where they left off should be well and truly washed away after these past five weeks.

I honestly cannot see how a case can be made in the opposition direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is an absolutely crazy trade. No chance I'd give up Morris/Marshall for an injury prone Matthews and an underperforming Nelson.

Yeah, think I was undervaluing Marshall and overvaluing Matthews, but I came to my senses and didnt go ahead with the trade

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

Team 1 - RG3, Ben Law Firm & The Gronk for Team 2 - Frank Gore, Amendola & Bennet (Giants TE).

RG3 is back up to Brady & Chandler is the other TE on team 1. Edit - Team 1 Mcgahahee & Peterson at RB

Team 2 has Ray Rice & Leshoure at RB. A heap of WR's & Gates at TE. Edit - Team 2 has Luck & Vick as QB's

Is that a fair trade for both parties or is there someone getting the better of it? I keeping thinking it's fair, then no I'm getting burnt, then no again I am in fact getting the better of it.

So what do people think. Who's getting the better of it Team 1 or Team 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

jj1 wrote: »
    Team 1 - RG3, Ben Law Firm & The Gronk for Team 2 - Frank Gore, Amendola & Bennet (Giants TE).

RG3 is back up to Brady & Chandler is the other TE on team 1. Edit - Team 1 Mcgahahee & Peterson at RB

Team 2 has Ray Rice & Leshoure at RB. A heap of WR's & Gates at TE. Edit - Team 2 has Luck & Vick as QB's

Is that a fair trade for both parties or is there someone getting the better of it? I keeping thinking it's fair, then no I'm getting burnt, then no again I am in fact getting the better of it.

So what do people think. Who's getting the better of it Team 1 or Team 2?

I'm confused as to which team is getting which players but I think that whichever team is getting RG3, Law Firm and Gronk is getting the best of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'm confused as to which team is getting which players but I think that whichever team is getting RG3, Law Firm and Gronk is getting the best of it.

I just reread it & got a bit confused myself! It's RG3, Law Firm & Gronk for Gore, Amendola & Bennet. Team 1 wanted to keep Brady no matter what so the big swap is RG3 for Gore. Amendola for Gronk is to balance out that RG3 is second choice Qb behind Tom Brady, wheras Gore is a starter for the other team. Bennet & Law Firm are just to fill rosters.

That has in fact cleared up nothing. Ah well:D

Advertisement