Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I wouldn't trade away Gronk....

Try swap in Chandler instead. Plus you do know Amendola is injured right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Looking for a bit of advice. Lots of guys on bye week for me so a bit thin for the flex spots.

Any opinion on a choice between Alex Green (Green Bay @ Houston) or Greg Little (Cleveland V Cincinatti)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Alex Green for me.

Tristram wrote: »
    Alex Green for me.

Thats the way I'm leaning alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Green Ellis against the Browns or CJ Spiller versus the Cardinals

What do you reckon?

I've been switching back and forth all afternoon

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »

What do you reckon?

Green Ellis, he is the clear starter for the Bengals and Cleveland have been poor against the run this season.

Spiller is jobsharing with Jackson so I'd steer clear when you have an alternative like Green Ellis...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Lawfirm it is, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

One of my friends in a private league benched Rodgers this week....

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Frisbee wrote: »

Ouch.

I benched Shonn Greene, not quite as bad, but 3 tds and 161 yards was pretty wasteful on my bench :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Frisbee wrote: »

Ouch.

Out-thinking himself to an insane degree.

Rodgers hasn't even been bad this season, if below what was expected from him - he was the No. 6 ranked QB in points scored coming into this week and now he's the clear No. 2 behind RG3.

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »

What do you reckon?

I'd be playing Spiller every time.

Tristram wrote: »
    I'd be playing Spiller every time.

Hindsight is great, Green Ellis is the Bengals feature back & he had a better matchup than Spiller. You play then percentages in fantasy & Green Ellis was the percentage call.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Hindsight is great, Green Ellis is the Bengals feature back & he had a better matchup than Spiller. You play then percentages in fantasy & Green Ellis was the percentage call.....

You might play the percentages, but Spiller has outscored Green Ellis every week he's finished the game. Fair enough you might think the Law Firm is safer but I agree with Tristram, I'd be starting Spiller every week ahead of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dodge wrote: »
    You might play the percentages, but Spiller has outscored Green Ellis every week he's finished the game. Fair enough you might think the Law Firm is safer but I agree with Tristram, I'd be starting Spiller every week ahead of him
    Yeah for sure, Spiller is not only a rushing threat but also a receiving threat and so dangerous once he gets to the second level. Thats something BJGE will never be and I'm a huge fan of the lawfirm.

The problem with that logic is Fred Jackson, who is a wonderful rushing and receiving back as well. I'd stick with Green-Ellis, particularly now that Scott is injured, unless I was desperate for a home run - Spiller is sure to have a few turkeys in the remainder of the season.

CJ Spiller is the 5th highest scoring fantasy RB at the moment with 85.4 points. 453 yards rushing and 141 receiving. 4 rushing TDs and 1 receiving TD. He missed most of 1 game with an injury. On Sunday against Arizona, as part of a time-share with Jackson Spiller ran for 88 yards and 1 TD and caught 22 receiving for a score of 17 points.

BJE is ranked as the 20th RB with 49.8 points. He has 362 yards rushing and 56 receiving and a grand total of two TDs. He has played every week so far. As the main RB for the Bengals BJE's highest score was week 1 with 15.5 and since then he has only gotten past 10 once.

We'll see how things progress but unless I had 2 of Arian Foster/Ray Rice/Jamaal Charles at RB I'd be starting Spiller ahead of pretty much everyone else never mind BJE.

Its not just this season either, Spiller was top 5 in the lat 8 games of last season too (when the Bills struggled btw). If he stay healthy, he's a top 10 fantast player IMO. Green Ellis is never going to be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Seahawks or Patriots defense?

Fred Jackson is a huge fly in the ointment of the Spiller love. He's an excellent back himself and if he's hot Gailey will ride him - there's a very good reason it's took Spiller this long to become fantasy relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

What do you think here lads?

Tony G on a bye and i have Finley on my bench.
    I know he has been poor of late but surely that stops soon.
    For some reason Witten has came on as a FA. I already have Bryant in there so i'm not sure should i stack up on Dallas @ Carolina this week.

Finley or Witten?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'd go Witten. Finaly has been hugely dissapointing this season. Witten is jutst missing out on TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

boccy23 wrote: »
    I'd go Witten. Finaly has been hugely dissapointing this season. Witten is jutst missing out on TDs.

It's a no Brainer really, i just have hard time dropping Finley.
    It's coming, i know it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

It's a no Brainer really, i just have hard time dropping Finley.
    It's coming, i know it is.

Even with Greg Jennings out of the mix, Finley is behind Cobb, Nelson and Jones in the line for catches. Hell, Tom Crabtree snared a few catches on SNF.

Ì've Finley in the Prem League here and I'm starting Martellus bennett ahead of him. I'd happily trade him for a WR3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Vernon Davis :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Was Davis injured or just got no passes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just got no passes, surprising seen as how Manningham didn't play either, he was mainly used as a blocker, with a lot of passes going to Gore and to a lesser extent Hunter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

adrian522 wrote: »
    Just got no passes, surprising seen as how Manningham didn't play either, he was mainly used as a blocker, with a lot of passes going to Gore and to a lesser extent Hunter.
    The Seahawks did a great job in coverage so in the second half the 49ers used the RB as the checkdown receiver and they were open but the others were not most of the time. The reason there were so few passes is because nobody ws open. Davis was used a lot for blocking assignments too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

F*ck, f*ck, double f*ck.

Once again the NFL mobile app pulls this **** on me - went to change my teams at work (had forgotten to change them before I started). I've basically lost all this weeks matchups already due to players on bye or the position being empty. Confirmed all the changes on the app but it didn't change a bloody thing in reality.

Bah, humbug.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that dude. I haven't used the app at all. I use the mobile version of the site every day though and haven't had any issues.

Advertisement