Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I used the app this week for the first time and had no hassle.

As app's go, I think it's fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

need little over 7 points from bush and forte to win back to back games for first time this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

MJD is killing me this year.

Have him in my main bragging rights private league and his last 4 weeks points have been 5, 5, Bye, 0. And now it looks like he'll be out injured for a few weeks.

Coupled with Finley and Newton underperforming, Nicks injured up until this week and Steve Smith having a poor season so far, and losing Holmes to injury for the rest of the season it's left me trailing way behind despite having a pretty good draft.

The only ones delivering are T. Richardson and (sometimes) V. Jax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Lads, could do with some advice if you'd please.
    I'm in another league and have been proposed a trade.
    I'll give a bit of a run-down for some background.
    My QBs are Tony Romo & Philip Rivers (I know)
    My RBs are MJD, Steven Jackson, Vick Ballard, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Michael Bush & Jonathan Dwyer (....I know)
    To be fair though, my WRs are AJ, Marshall & Miles Austin.
    We play 2 RBs/2 WRs and a RB/WR flex spot.

Now, I've been offered Cam Newton, Rashad Jennings & Mikel Leshoure for Brandon Marshall.
    I don't think I'm going to accept, but it's not the worst offer ever as I am short in those spots...however, the guy offering me this has Doug Martin, Alfred Morris & Shady McCoy, as well as Antonio Brown/Reggie Wayne/Kenny Britt.

I think I'd make the trade if it was a bit better....could I counter-trade Marshall for something like Cam, Doug Martin & Brown/Jennings? Or dyou reckon that would be unrealistic? Or would I be best off just sitting where I am?

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Well it really comes down to real value as much as what one side has on their team. I'd make first deal in a heartbeat if I only have to play two WRs a week and my RBs are were going as poorly as your's, Cam would mean you can drop Rivers and be rid unless the other team would value him as a back-up. Maybe try to squeeze Doug Martin instead of Leshoure but beyond that it's very, very likely they'll scoff as the original offer is already attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

What kinda depth is there on the waiver wire in terms of wideouts ? If you can get any kind of value there in free agency I'd take the deal. Jennings is going to be effective in Jacksonville and he's a handcuff for MJD if he misses any more games. Your running backs are actually quite good potentially if you play them right every week. Problem is a lot of them are starters and it's hard to tell who's gonna have the big week ! I'd take the trade if I was you. I think Carolina is gonna go back to last years offensive playcalling and Cam will have a big second half to the season, better then Romo or Rivers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Got Cam, Martin & Jennings for him in the counter-offer. Cheers!.....hopefully it works out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

So, anyone else bench Doug Martin this week or am I the only one dumb enough to do so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

CJC86 wrote: »
    So, anyone else bench Doug Martin this week or am I the only one dumb enough to do so?
    I had him benched in my other league last week but had to play him as all my other RBs were on byes so had no option but to play him. I usually do this at the start of the season in case I ever forget an early kickoff or something.

Funny part is that I picked up Vikings D to cover for my Texans who are on a bye but forgot to put them in the lineup - they scored -3 points :P took me ages to figure out what had happened when I looked at my points there and though the NFL site had made some sort of cock up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What does everyone think of Deverey Henderson vs. Stephen Hill? I like the idea of Brees V Manning turning into a high scoring game but at the same time I think the Jets will be forced to throw vs. the Dolphins and so Hill could see more targets than normal

• Advertisement

Have 4 leagues going atm. Have winning records in three. But the one I've a losing record in is the one I'm doing with my mates and so the one I want to win most. We started it late so was 1-5 before this weeks round of games and managed to win my matchup this week by 3 points, mainly thanks to Trent who has been the only one performing for me.

After much deliberation last week I left McGahee on the bench in place of Nicks in my flex spot. If that had have cost me I would have gone mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Got a bit of a toss up on my hands at WR today, from the following 6 I can start 3; Nicks, Mike Williams, Boldin, Laurent Robinson, Cecil Shorts and Ryan Broyles. Ordinarily I'd choose Nicks, Boldin and Williams but I can't trust Flacco to play well away from home to give Boldin anything and Nicks has been fairly underwhelming thus far but he has practiced every day this week without going on the injury report which is a plus. And then I'm tempted by broyles with Megatron possibly limited today. Wouldn't really be too keen on either of the Jaguars tbh.

Help me choose :/

Mikel Leshoure you beaut :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Handcuffing Turner with Rodgers has proven to be a massive mistake...Have Bell on my bench with 16 points ARGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Brandon Marshall is a beast. Checked my score 20 minutes ago and I was losing by 30. 20 minutes and 3 TDs later and I should be on my way to a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

so glad ive Rodgers, Leshoure and Marshall all in my team in the Prem... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Facing Marshall in PPR and Dynasty. Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Have Marshall and Decker in one of my boards leagues but Martin is after destroying me in my friends league. Cant win them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Seriously, what hope have you got against a fantasy team when Doug Martin and the San Diego Defense combine for 80 points between them? :( Not a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Wow, thank you Doug Martin!

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »
    Mikel Leshoure you beaut :D

I benched him /facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

I need Lesean McCoy and Desean Jackson to get me 21.6 points tonight to not only win my game this week, but possibly save my season.

If there was ever a time to rack up the points offensively, it should be against the Saints D...right?!

Is it worth dropping Titus Young (with Stafford heating up) for Malcolm Floyd or Donnie Avery? This week I'd probably go with Floyd but down the stretch I'm not sure if it's worth cutting him.

Have both in one league as my bench players, Floyd is a sure bet for 6-10 points while Young can drop 20 at any time but is riskier. Depends on what you need. I don't think Donie Avery is even close to the conversation, though.

I have Bryant, Amendola, Young, Fitzgerald, J.Jones & Jennings on my roster. Hoping Jennnings will be back off the bye but if not I still have Jones. Amendola's coming off the injury and has a tough match-up this week but I'll hope can be consistent in the final weeks. Bryant's hip injury could his production take a hit again this week.

Think I take Floyd this week and hope to have Jennings, Fitzgerald with Bryant, Amendola & James Jones competing for the flex start down the stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Jake Locker at Miami or Jay Culter at home to the Texans

I've stuck with Cutler most every week.
    Some weeks he'll get me a solid 20 and other times he's gotten just 7 or even 2.
    Texans have a mighty D for sure.

Locker is back this week and he is a rushing threat too.
    Before he was injured he outscored Cutler 2 weeks out of 3.
    Miami is far from a difficult place to get a win and some scores and Titans will be looking to bounce back from last weeks hammering

I can't make up my mind :o

Any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'm starting Jay Cutler in both my leagues, but given what Luck just did to Miami, and the stacked receiving corps, I'd go with Locker. Cutler could go and have a monster game against Houston like Rodgers did, I think he'll have to throw, but that didn't work out so well against GB. I have a feeling Cutler will be feast or famine today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Thanks, going with Locker

I think the Titans are going to have a mighty day after last weeks humiliation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Am I crazy to go with Tannehill over Vick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Masked Man wrote: »
    Am I crazy to go with Tannehill over Vick?

I picked Palmer over Vick last week and it paid off, going back to Vick this week though.

Advertisement