Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

curry-muff wrote: »
    I picked Palmer over Vick last week and it paid off, going back to Vick this week though.

Went with Tannehill. Not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I'm down 0.66 in my league with my friends. I've Bryant, Lynch and Amandola, he has Gore and the Seahawks D. I'm 4-5 and need a win to stay in contention! Never had such an important 30min or so in fantasy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Thanks, going with Locker

I think the Titans are going to have a mighty day after last weeks humiliation

Looks like I (we) was right, if only I had taken my own advice and taken Locker out of FA. :o Lost by 5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

At 5-5 with a realistically weak team and currently on the outside of the playoffs looking in, I'm just hoping I don't lose three straight and end up relegated.

Here's hoping Foles can somehow inject some points into the Eagles O for me in the next three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Taking a risk at RB in my friends league. Dropping Turner for Mendenhall. Feel its a better match-up and he has much more upside going forward, especially with Big Ben out for a few games. Lead me back from the brink to the playoffs I hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Josh Freeman, fantasy superstar? I picked him up late as my QB thinking with all his new weapons andd protection that he could be in line for a good season. Slow start lead me to pick up Tony Romo in a trade but I've only played him twice this year, and that' with Romo himself finally moving up the fantasy gears. Freeman and the Buccs are one of the best and most balanced offenses in the league now.

These are his fantasy totals since week 3:

Week 3: 14.76 pts.
    Week 4: BYE
    Week 5: 23.62 pts.
    Week 6: 30.10 pts.
    Week 7: 22.38 pts.
    Week 8: 18.08 pts.
    Week 9: 16.80 pts.
    Week 10: 22.62 pts.

He's only dipped into single figures once this year. Add in his mobility and potential for a few dozen cheap rushing yards a game and you have the best value QB in the league not named RG3.

Selection problem: Garcon vs. Dallas or Kendall Wright vs. Jaguars. I feel like Garcon is the higher upside. And don't tell me to be cute and that the Titans won't need to throw against the Jaguars, I benched Matt Schaub last week for that reason for Nick Foles, and lost by 1.

You benched Schaub for Foles? I don't even see how that made sense even if you thought the Texans wouldn't need to throw much, Foles was a rookie making his first ever start.

This week it just depends on how much you think you'll need to win this week. If you need a hail mary it's obviously Garcon.

Syferus wrote: »
    You benched Schaub for Foles? I don't even see how that made sense even if you thought the Texans wouldn't need to throw much, Foles was a rookie making his first ever start.

This week it just depends on how much you think you'll need to win this week. If you need a hail mary it's obviously Garcon.

I overthought it. The Redskins had an absolutely horrible secondary and Foles looked half-decent at Dallas, and Schaub had only mustered 7.50 points earlier in the season against Jacksonville (along with a 3.5 point performance last week) because they ran so much. Besides lots of players have had awesome first ever starts, like Newton/RG3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Rivers vs. Baltimore

or

Sanchez vs. New England

Is it as bad either way? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'd go with Sanchez based solely on him throwing maybe 1/2 bombs on that NE secondary.

But either way it isn't great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have Sanchez in one aswell. I may be totally wrong but he has a decent record against the Pats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

The raiders have saved my fantasy season and put me in a position that I might make the playoffs. I picked up 3 raiders players to go with the 2 I had in my team. I never thought I'd have 5 players from the same team on my fantasy team let alone from the raiders!!! Yet, they are doing really well for me!

Rivers could go off against Baltimore like last year (when Baltimore's defense was better too) but Sanchez I feel is the safer play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

go rivers for me likely two more scoring plays too, ravens are vunerable to the pass with webb out

Went with Garcon :D. Might be starting Wright too because Harvin's probably out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Left Garcon on my bench. Brought Broyles in this week so would have been off to a good start if i went with Garcon. Had i seen the news that Harvin will most likely be out i'd have mad the switch. Mad now.

Percy Harvin was scratched by La Canfora an hour ago so I subbed in Garcon. Feeling pretty good about it! Have to say that having Marshall, Megatron, Harvin, Garcon and Jennings is a silly amount of luxury to have in a 16-team league.

Not that I'm braggin' or nothin'..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Two terrible mistakes. Left the Cowboys defence in instead of the Jets. A measly 2 points, and RG3 is my QB.

Also left Morris on the bench, again. Currently on 17 points. Gore better play well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Syferus wrote: »
    Percy Harvin was scratched by La Canfora an hour ago so I subbed in Garcon. Feeling pretty good about it! Have to say that having Marshall, Megatron, Harvin, Garcon and Jennings is a silly amount of luxury to have in a 16-team league.

Not that I'm braggin' or nothin'..

I snagged Jennings off the waiver wire last night. Him and Beanie Wells. Hopefully he looks good this weekend if he suits up or is back next week. Would be nice for the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Delighted with my pick up of Edelman yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Two terrible mistakes. Left the Cowboys defence in instead of the Jets. A measly 2 points, and RG3 is my QB.

Also left Morris on the bench, again. Currently on 17 points. Gore better play well.

Cowboys D over Jets doesn't look so bad now does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Tristram wrote: »
    Delighted with my pick up of Edelman yesterday!

I got him in another league I play in, But TO had better waiver position than me and got him eventhough i put in for him :(

BizzyC wrote: »
    Cowboys D over Jets doesn't look so bad now does it?

Nice one. I called it right. Knew all along :P.

Well the trade deadline has come on gone :( Have to say Division 5 has been an absolute snooze-fest in terms of trading with a total of 9 trades in all. Only 6 out of the 16 teams made a move through trades. Hopefully next year will see some more fun trade action going through! :)

Not a single trade in division 4 I don't think. I would've if anyone had wanted anyone on my roster.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Not a single trade in division 4 I don't think. I would've if anyone had wanted anyone on my roster.

There were 2, I think.

There were 2, I think.

Ah yes you're right, still a shockingly low amount.

There were 2, I think.
    matthew8 wrote: »
    Ah yes you're right, still a shockingly low amount.

Jaysus! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

So you would be more shocked to see that there was only one trade in the premier

Advertisement