Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Flacco threw the ball 52 times last week while Ray Rice got ignored most of the game and the entire 4th quarter.
    That's not going to happen again

Boldin is good but I don't see a monster week

Marshall is a must start
    Tate should be selected too
    I'd take Moss. Ravens best corner Webb is on IR. Jimmy Smith is hurt, Cary Williams is a liability and Cory Graham is the only decent starter. Pass rush poor also
    Ed Reed is not the Reed of old, teams can put up yards on the Ravens

Moss scored double digits last two weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Tate and Marshall are defos now.

Kendall Wright could have a great day against a poor Colts D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

LeShoure or Fred Jackson. I'm torn. Jackson got a lot of touches last week and has a great match-up but he's been so hit and miss. LaShoure is going up against a banged up Packers D but the Lions could see themselves fall behind here and have to pass the ball. In which case Bell could see most of the snaps at RB

mikemac1 wrote: »

Boldin is good but I don't see a monster week

:o

mikemac1 wrote: »
    :o

I didn't put him in.

Went with Wright, Marshall and Tate :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Fred Jackson is out for at least 2-3 weeks. All Spiller owners who are in the playoffs just breathed a sigh of relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Promoted whoop whoop...next up Division 5 championship:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Not boards fantasy related, missed the boat there unfortunately but need a bit of help:

Right, I'm in my fantasy league semi as top seed and have Garcon, Jennings, Decker, Austin and Colston as WRs available.. What two do i go with? Using Moreno as Flex so i'm just picking two as imo my WR stable is a serious flaw - it's pretty crap in all fairness.

Rest of team is Newton at QB, Rice and Charles RBs, Gonzalez TE, Prater K and Broncos DEF, im fairly happy with the rest of the lineup but in a real pickle as to who i go with at WR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

spiralism wrote: »
    Not boards fantasy related, missed the boat there unfortunately but need a bit of help:

Right, I'm in my fantasy league semi as top seed and have Garcon, Jennings, Decker, Austin and Colston as WRs available.. What two do i go with? Using Moreno as Flex so i'm just picking two as imo my WR stable is a serious flaw - it's pretty crap in all fairness.

Rest of team is Newton at QB, Rice and Charles RBs, Gonzalez TE, Prater K and Broncos DEF, im fairly happy with the rest of the lineup but in a real pickle as to who i go with at WR

I'd go with Garcon and Decker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

curry-muff wrote: »
    I'd go with Garcon and Decker.

Wouldn't start Garcon over Colston even if RG3 wasn't gimped, he too much of a risk to re-injure himself when you have other more proven options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Think I'd take the risk with garcon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If Dez bryant is out I'd have to strongly consider Miles Austin. Of the others I'd go with Garcon (with RGIII). Decker's been a bit luke warm recently

Dodge wrote: »
    If Dez bryant is out I'd have to strongly consider Miles Austin. Of the others I'd go with Garcon (with RGIII). Decker's been a bit luke warm recently

Neither Austin or Coulston has had a 100 yard+ game in over 6 weeks. Decker does blow hot and cold, but with his 88 yards last week and Peyton on form I can see a big week for him v Ravens.

Garcon has been great since he came back so as long as RG3 is fit then he should be a definite starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

curry-muff wrote: »
    Neither Austin or Coulston has had a 100 yard+ game in over 6 weeks. Decker does blow hot and cold, but with his 88 yards last week and Peyton on form I can see a big week for him v Ravens.

yep, but like I said, if Bryant is out, Austin gets a huge uptick IMO

Garcon has been terrific recently. He'd be no 1 on that list with a fit RGIII

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Dodge wrote: »
    yep, but like I said, if Bryant is out, Austin gets a huge uptick IMO

Garcon has been terrific recently. He'd be no 1 on that list with a fit RGIII

Which is exactly not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Morris or Gore?

Will Morris get more plays if RGIII is out? I'm hoping that he might?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

It would be hard for Morris to get the ball much more tbh. But Cleveland is the much friendlier RB matchup anyway. You also have a dilemma of Dalton/RG3 don't you? I think you have to go Dalton. Last time Philly's defense gave up less than 13 fantasy points to a QB was in week 2, and they have been matchup heaven since Castillo was fired.

Rivers or Foles lads??

Need help quick :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Foles got a hell of a score last week but he was up against one of the worst pass D's in the league (if not the worst?). The Bengals D is a significant step up. I can see the Eagles run game having a bit more success this week, up against the number 1 run D last week. Both these together should bring Foles down in rankings a bit.

Rivers, I have no idea what to expect from him and this team. Against the Steelers tough enough pass D he got over 200 yards and 3 TDs, with no interceptions but you don't know what will happen this week against the Panthers. Their pass D isn't too bad. But I can seem Cam putting up a decent fight. Chargers run game isn't great. Rivers should be airing it out a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

SantryRed wrote: »
    Rivers or Foles lads??

Need help quick :pac:

is weeden available?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'd go Foles to be honest. Seems like a very good fit in Philly. The panthers D is so hit and miss that they could end up shutting down Rivers on sunday.

At 1am, I changed Rivers in and took Foles out. Maybe i've got one of these last minute decisions right for once.

McFadden vs Kansas or Spiller vs Seattle

Both home games, well Buffalo will be in Toronto actually

Spiller will get a lot of touches with Fred Jackson out. But Seattle have a mean D

McFadden will be the focus against KC

I don't know which to choose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Spiller no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

With RGIII out now, having to rethink. Do i pull Garcon for Austin/Decker/Jennings now? Joe Haden will be covering Garcon at any rate. Sticking with Colston as the other, TB pass defence at home is too good a take imo.

Bucs secondary is godawful, easily among the worst in the league

Yes go with Colston

spiralism wrote: »
    With RGIII out now, having to rethink. Do i pull Garcon for Austin/Decker/Jennings now? Joe Haden will be covering Garcon at any rate. Sticking with Colston as the other, TB pass defence at home is too good a take imo.

Hope you went for Decker :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Left the wonderfully named Leonard Hankerson on the bench. Who'd have thought he'd score his 2nd and 3rd TDs of the season tonight. Fecking clown did nothing up until now. 17 points wasting away. Hope it doesn't cost me my match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Left the wonderfully named Leonard Hankerson on the bench. Who'd have thought he'd score his 2nd and 3rd TDs of the season tonight. Fecking clown did nothing up until now. 17 points wasting away. Hope it doesn't cost me my match.

Not looking like it will cost you at this stage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

How many teams get relegated?

I find myself in an 11th place playoff in Division 5.

Is it too late for me?

Advertisement