Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

eagle eye wrote: »

Why is it such a problem for the guy to get a new password and register his interest?

Who knows but him.
    We have to keep things above board and for me thats the only way.

Above board? How is it not above board right now?

Honestly EE would you be that bothered how he did it if his exclusion didn't mean your entry back into the Prem? Plenty of guys have confirmed through other means in all the divisions so far without posting on the thread and only now do you seem bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

CoachTO wrote: »
    Above board? How is it not above board right now?

Honestly EE would you be that bothered how he did it if his exclusion didn't mean your entry back into the Prem? Plenty of guys have confirmed through other means in all the divisions so far without posting on the thread and only now do you seem bothered.
    Maybe not but its not like I'm asking for something ridiculous here. Its something very simple and for me its common sense too.

I expect that he will log in and do the necessary so I'm not expecting to be back in the Premier league. If he doesn't log in though I do have a problem with that and not just with him or the Premier League but every other one too.

Transparency is important I think and one simple post by him solves that.

Maybe not but its not like I'm asking for something ridiculous here. Its something very simple and for me its common sense too.

I expect that he will log in and do the necessary so I'm not expecting to be back in the Premier league. If he doesn't log in though I do have a problem with that and not just with him or the Premier League but every other one too.

But you see my point? you seemed focused on just him when there is others who have yet to post on thread but sent a pm or a message to others or friends on here to confirm their spots.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I don't mind him not posting in the thread to confirm. I think the user should be active on boards though. Someone confirmed a guy for my division last year and he hadn't been online for months and didn't up online for the whole season.

The only people able to confirm people should be the actual user themselves and the gms of last years leagues. I pm'd last years division 2 members and confirmed all those who got back to me and I think it was was easy to manage that way.

CoachTO wrote: »
    But you see my point? you seemed focused on just him when there is others who have yet to post on thread but sent a pm or a message to others or friends on here to confirm their spots.
    I never noticed that in the thread to his point. If it happened I missed it and I don't think that it should be accepted that way.

• Advertisement

You guys will notice the team re-shuffle a few times. Error trying to remove Bobby Wade from the league. Seems there is something wrong with NFL.com today so I had to reshuffle to kick bobby wade and open space for Kev s88

Why was this removed from the stickies?

Why was this removed from the stickies?

Frostie is moving it back into the FF section

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

By contacting someone else who could confirm on his behalf, he's actually going through more effort than a "simple post" on boards.

Having a post on boards doesn't provide any additional guarantee that the person will actually be active in FF. No matter how someone registers you have to assume they will be.
    If they're not then bring it up next season so they dont get into a high division again...

BizzyC wrote: »
    By contacting someone else who could confirm on his behalf, he's actually going through more effort than a "simple post" on boards.

Having a post on boards doesn't provide any additional guarantee that the person will actually be active in FF. No matter how someone registers you have to assume they will be.
    If they're not then bring it up next season so they dont get into a high division again...
    Did you read malachyscott's post? He said this happened last year and there was a problem.

Lets sort it out now. Its not very difficult for a person to get online for five minutes in the next 18 days or so. He has had a month already, its not like its some huge effort.

He has to be online for the draft or at least set up his team for that draft. That will take a lot longer than a simple post on boards.

I think it should be part of the charter that a person has to post on their own account with their interest or at least pm the league gm(even though posting on the thread is simpler).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Did you read malachyscott's post? He said this happened last year and there was a problem.

Lets sort it out now. Its not very difficult for a person to get online for five minutes in the next 18 days or so. He has had a month already, its not like its some huge effort.

He has to be online for the draft or at least set up his team for that draft. That will take a lot longer than a simple post on boards.

I think it should be part of the charter that a person has to post on their own account with their interest or at least pm the league gm(even though posting on the thread is simpler).

Well sense its a boards league I think activity on here is kinda important...At the very least being able to show your interest by posting on a thread is not a big deal, so I'd have to agree with eagle eye on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

Sorry, guys. I think I may have misunderstood the whole "confirm" aspect of things.

I thought I was only confirming my interest in participating and being part of whatever division I was in. I hadn't actually registered with NFL.com when I confirmed (I only just registered now, with the same e-mail address as used on this site).

Anyway, my username on NFL.com is "JerseyJoe22" if that's needed.

I'm not sure if any messages were meant to be sent out after I confirmed, but since the account wasn't created I could imagine I didn't get it.

Sorry for the confusion and/or inconvenience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

JerseyJoe wrote: »
    Sorry, guys. I think I may have misunderstood the whole "confirm" aspect of things.

I thought I was only confirming my interest in participating and being part of whatever division I was in. I hadn't actually registered with NFL.com when I confirmed (I only just registered now, with the same e-mail address as used on this site).

Anyway, my username on NFL.com is "JerseyJoe22" if that's needed.

I'm not sure if any messages were meant to be sent out after I confirmed, but since the account wasn't created I could imagine I didn't get it.

Sorry for the confusion and/or inconvenience!

PTXdD.jpg

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Guys I've been reading through the thread and I think that given JDivision's history as a very active poster during the season, and the fact that he has made contact with TO in relation to his intention to be a regular contributor during the season this seems like much ado about nothing.

JDivision has always been a regular poster and if he is busy during the off season and I would not be inclined to cast him aside and possibly lose his activity on the forum. If any of you have any issues with this please PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

just after doing my 1st mock draft for the season :), hopefully i can get the same players...well most of them anyway, when the serious draft starts up, cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

Hey guys, I'd love to get involved here! I've played before but never with a properly run big league! I'll gladly go anywhere! My NFL username is "infernoduke" ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Those yet to confirm

Premier (16/16 confirmed)

Div 1 (16/16 confirmed)

Div 2 (14/16 confirmed) waiting on: Donkeypokertour, Mrkr

Div 3 (12/16 confirmed) waiting on: That_Guy, SSK, Basillarkin

Div 4 (13/16 confirmed) waiting on: Syferus, Exspensivewino, Arod2000

Div 5 (16/16 confirmed)

Div 6 (16/16 confirmed)

Div 7 (7 new entrant: Chucky the Tree, davetherave, gufc21, JerseyJoe, robluvshandegg, Realalemadrid, boccy23)

Less than 2 weeks for those mentioned above in Div 2,3 & 4 to confirm or they will be removed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Sorry for not confirming earlier, but I'd like to play again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Apologies for the delay also. Count
    me in please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

whos in charge of the boards keeper league?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

WilcoOut wrote: »
    whos in charge of the boards keeper league?

I am, everything ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

spot on!

just wondering if you, or anyone else, made your decisions on who to keep!?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Hi,

I would like to help make up the numbers in Div 7 if there is room, if not, no problem.

My username on nfl.com is : aul3allstars

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Just looking for a quick update on confirmations if I may...

With just 12 days until the deadline, how many people have yet to join their respective league on the nfl.com site?

This is more of "an out of curiosity" question to be honest, I know in my division we are waiting on one person still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

Couldn't make the draft last year so didn't join one of the Divisions.

If there is room or a new Division, then sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Just looking for a quick update on confirmations if I may...

With just 12 days until the deadline, how many people have yet to join their respective league on the nfl.com site?

This is more of "an out of curiosity" question to be honest, I know in my division we are waiting on one person still

The deadline is just for existing players to confirm their participation this year so we have sufficient time to realign divisions if they are not taking part. They dont have to have signed up to the NFL.com league by then although most are already in their division from last year

As a side note new people can join up anytime up to the draft week so if their seems to be no-one in division 7 at July 31st, by time draft week comes along im sure there will be more players signing up by then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

boccy23 wrote: »
    Couldn't make the draft last year so didn't join one of the Divisions.

Trouble maker.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hey so are we happy with the Charter as it's laid out in the Charter thread or is there anything we want changed?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Hey so are we happy with the Charter as it's laid out in the Charter thread or is there anything we want changed?

Seems good as is for this season. EE brought up a good point a couple of weeks ago but I do think it would be best serve to go into action for next season giving every member good notice of it and that is:

- All member must confirm their participation by posting on the Fantasy Football thread.

Right now it doesn't give this specific instruction so it would be bad form to lump it in now and catching out guys who have busy lives outside the world of the tinternet and who confirmed to other members on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Oh how my life was so much more productive last year when I didn't play Fantasy Football.....

Must...

Stay....

Away............

Advertisement