Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Car Warranty

Options
  • 31-05-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

ZZantara and all- i bought a passat 2006 4 months ago from vw dealer(simi)now have loud noises at tick over etc-salesman at selling time told me he had to give me 6 months warranty by law(some code of practice in industry?)i said "great!" he wrote on docket sold as seen (but no mention of warranty)- but isnt every car sold as seen-got him to do timing belt before colection- a few weeks later had to top up car with oil,he didnt even look at that before delivering it!- -"sold as seen" just applies to bodywork/interior i assume!-if gearbox/injectors dodgy will warranty cover this-advice please?130k on the clock- i would like to get rid as i'm feel i mite have trouble getting this sorted-whats the best approach?thanks
    scubydu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split out and moved to its own thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Most used car warranties are engine and gearbox only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I am no expert, but my understanding of sold as seen is no warranty at all. I have bought cars with no warranty and sold as seen was on receipt, I have bought cars with 3-6 months engine and gearbox warranty and this was written on receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sold as seen is exactly that and no warranty is provided.

The vehicle does have to be fit for the purpose for which it was bought so you could get onto the garage and if they are wont help, contact the SIMI.

Advertisement