Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on the Silverstone Raven 3?

Options
  • 01-06-2012 3:45pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Anyone have any experiences or thought on the Silverstone Raven 3? €113 on Dabs ATM and I've been humming and hawing about a new case for a while now (it was gonna be one of these till I saw this was at a good price).

I've always liked Silverstone's stuff, I do like how this one looks (although I'd appreciated that it's probably not everyone's cuppa tea).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's 131, not 113 :pac:

And that's 600T territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

I was going to say for Eur113 thats a very tempting price. But Eur131 isnt bad either. Id actually nearly put it level with the 600T if not a bit better on the cooling performace side. The Raven 3 is also a newer case and the 90degree orientation with those penetrator fans performs excently.

if your looking for something a bit cheaper the 500R would be a fine case also but not as good quality wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I have an FT02 and its one of the best case's I've ever had. Its very similar to the raven 3 layout-wise except it has two 180mm fans as opposed to three on the FT02, and the CPU is nearer the back instead of the front in the FT.

The rotated orientation is the biz, definitely makes a difference, and no hotspots tend to build up in the case.

Other positives are because they are hanging, the GPU's don't sag, and the fans are very quiet on low speed considering the amount of air they move.

My next case will definitely be a silverstone as well.

Decent case for the money as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Something's gone sideways with Dabs - see below:

Exhibit 1: The Basket:
    207484.png

Exhibit 2: The Checkout:
    207485.png

Exhibit 3: The Wishlist:
    207486.png

So basically, it was displaying (both in work where I saw it first and where I made the OP from and here at home) at €113 for me, but when I went to check out, it was at €131 (totaling €148 instead of €130). I bumped it into my Wishlist for later and it was showing as €131, but when I clicked on it, it dosplayed at €113.

I've sent them an email asking what's up, so we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I'm also getting the displayed €113 then €131 at checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I'm getting 131 at the product page..why not drop them a mail with the pics?

amazon.de have them here for 127 euros delivered.

Scan also have the same case for 95 stg. + 12 stg delivery (double check though) =107 GBP/132.21 EUR so same thing as dabs..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've sent them a mail about it attaching the pics last night, but Bank Holiday weekend, so I'm not expecting to hear from them till Tuesday. Tis grand though, I'm not in a rush :)

Advertisement