Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holiday Weekend Heavy Rain Warning.(Spot/Local Flooding Likely)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

bcmf wrote: »
    Guys,
    Any chance of a hint of what it will be like in North Louth/Cooley Mtns area for mid morning onwards 2morrow.
    A fairly big cycle on there with a fast downhill section.

Bring a boat.:D On a serious note, be very careful, might have to be cancelled.

207440.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

The ME 3 hour forecast is showing another 8-12mm in Cork before midnight.
    The IR images shows the edge of the front just about 50 south of Mizen Head now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

The drops are getting bigger now .light misty rain initially now moderate rain..pink line forming on the latest met radar near here..yeah think the forecasters have called this one right.
    The Northern resistance to a drenching is holding strong as well!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

D22

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Starting to get heavier in Athlone from a heavy mist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Heavy Rain reported at Johnstown Castle in the 2200 Met Reports(7.6mm's)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

spot flooding on the road going down to the beach in youghal.

this rain is unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Persistent heavy rain here in north Cork for the last few hours.No sign of it abating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Min wrote: »
    No.

It looks like being the best day out of the next three to four days.

in arklow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

been raining moderately/heavy for last hour but lightly since 4ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

One thing that is notable is the lee effect the high terrain to the east is is having on some stations' reported ceilings. At 11 pm, Oak Park reported Broken 2,800 ft Broken 5,000 ft, while Gurteen (with the Slieve Blooms to the east) reported Scattered 5,000 ft, Broken 6,000 ft. Compare those with others relatively nearby:

Johnstown Castle - 600 m visibility, vertical visibility 200 ft (i.e. fog)
    Waterford Airport - Overcast 300 ft
    Casement - Broken 300 ft
    Mullingar - Scattered 400 ft, Overcast 600 ft
    Shannon - Scattered 1,700 ft, Overcast 2,800 ft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Pissing down heavy rain in clerihan outside clonmel co tipperay .

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Guys how does Monday look weather wise, I heard its going to be good, I'm going to mondello!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Yes Monday will be best day, enjoy Mondello and Admiral,enjoy the big day, Arklow should be dry

The rain has stopped in Cork the last hour, but the ME 3 hour forecast shows 6-8mm of rain here between 12 and 3am. perhaps the front is now expected to move back south?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Started raining here in Kerry at 10am and hasn't stopped since. It's absolutely lashing down now 15 hours later. We're certainly making up for the last couple of weeks!

49mm of rain for Roches Point in the 24 hours up to midnight, which is over 113% of the 71-00 monthly June average!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bucketing down in east-clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

There must be some primeval switch in our brain somewere that make's the sound of rain so comforting, im listing to this and with the rain it works very well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭positron

Argh screw this. I love rain, and I left Ireland last week after the long warm dry spell, and here I am in Kerala, India where the torrential monsoon should have started couple of days ago, and instead I have to put up with 32-34 degrees C with over 90% humidity. :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Holy cow! Have recorded 54.6mm here since yesterday evening.

Looking at radar, definite orographic event going on here with a blob stuck over these parts all night while a there appears to be a rain shadow further to my west into Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Up to 58.6mm now.

is it me or is this system coming back the country again?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    is it me or is this system coming back the country again?:(
    No not just you, that was the forecast, to move North, stall and then slip South again.
    Looks like you are going to be wet for another while yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I'm putting the fire on very shortly!
    :)

No not just you, that was the forecast, to move North, stall and then slip South again.
    Looks like you are going to be wet for another while yet.

:( bah. was hoping it would go away. the heaviest of the rain is falling at the moment in youghal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It hasn't rained here for hours.

4.0mm fell today so far, most of it just after midnight.
    11.8mm yesterday.

Seems the low pressure was close enough but the rain belts were kept to the north and west of Kilkenny and the south east.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Not much to report here really. Not raining, cool and sun trying to appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

dfbemt wrote: »
    Based on Deep Easterly's OP I have put my fertiliser down on the grass. Needs to get a good soaking within 48 hours or I'll be looking at dust for the Summer.

Will be happy with sun until tomorrow evening but I really need it to rain before I get up on Sunday morning.

Sorry sun worshippers :o

Damn it. When I said a good soaking I didn't want this much. I think my fertiliser has been washed away :eek:

Hasn't stopped since mid afternoon yesterday and is bucketing down this morning (sorry I have no more scientific measure than that !!)

Feels late Autumnal with the wind and rain. Didn't it get dark very early last night in comparison to say 1 week ago when it was still bright at 22.30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

very wet 24 hrs here, one of the wettest in recent times (5yrs). Started raining @ 10am yesterday with extremely heavy rain from 7pm onwards. Last time this happened Newcastle West flooded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Wow Min, that's interesting, I'm just below Clonmel, and there has been no dry spell since yesterday, when it doesn't bucket down, it spits a good old spit.

The rain annoys me during the day, but boy was it brilliant last night... :pac:

Advertisement