Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies ( Predictions )

• 01-06-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Im wondering what are people's predications for HL Constuction Studies.
    My teacher is predicting a timber floor for Q1 but hes not a top class teacher so i wouldn't believe everything the man would say.
    All predictions very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stapler10

I reckon sewage will be on this year and i think foundations has a good chance aswel which would be a lovely question, and maybe a question about enviormentally sustainble water treatments systems hasnt been on the exam previously but it was on my mock and heard people say in poplar in today
    As for the drawing hard to say maybe suspended timber floor or the hearth but that just a guess and also maybe a stairs for question 7 as in came up in 08,10 so maybe 12

Good luck everyone, 2 weeks today till the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Im so screwed for this exam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

To all those saying they are screwed, try your best to learn all the drawings and that's two questions guaranteed. Then do the U-Value question, it's so easy and it will get you handy marks. Then you can do question 10 (b). You don't even need to know anything about Construction for that (although read the marking scheme answers). It's basically common sense and it's handy enough too. Then I'm sure you can scrape a decent question somewhere based on one of the topics you're better at.
    And that's it.
    The choice is massive lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Our teacher says to learn the roof drawing question & suspended timber for the drawing. As said above, the u-values question is essential as its so easy and its guaranteed. Hopefully health & safety, plumbing, or something handy enough comes up aswell for handy marks:)

Im fairly confident on the u-value question and passive house/sunspace question but the rest = :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

http://constructionstudies.ie/

Don't take his advice lightly, he got it spot on last year and probably the year before. Definitely use this as a resource.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    http://constructionstudies.ie/

Don't take his advice lightly, he got it spot on last year and probably the year before. Definitely use this as a resource.

That is a HUGE help!
    Thanks so much for the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hmf300

does anyone know how i could learn to do the u-value as we never did any theory at school ? :/ im fairly screwed. concidering droping a level

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

hmf300 wrote: »
    does anyone know how i could learn to do the u-value as we never did any theory at school ? :/ im fairly screwed. concidering droping a level
    Get all the u value questions do one at a time download the solutions and copy how the solution does it and repeat ! Easiest question very repetitive

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jonopat

These are predictions from my teacher.

Q1
    - Suspended Timber Floor
    - Threshold Detail
    - Eaves Detail
    - Hearth Detail

Definite Questions
    - U-Value
    - Passive House

Q4
    - Stairs