Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pros/Cons/Insurance for Shar Pei?

• 01-06-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking into getting a Shar Pei for herself as she has wanted one for years and years and its her birthday comong up.

A friend of ours has one and herself fell in love with him from day one. She has done all her research (As have I...) and I was planning to get one early July.

However, I have always insured my family dogs, and was looking for a quote to insure the newest addition to our family. But it seems every company I have tried, will NOT insure a Shar Pei!!

Does anybody have any information they want to share with the class before I bring home the newet addition to the family? Pros/Cons/etc?

Also, Anybody have any info on any company that will insure a Shar Pei? I am well aware that this particular reed of dog is septible to health issues, but to be honest, I think no matter what breed of dog you take on, there is a possibilty of health issues.

Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What insurance companies have you tried OP? All Allianz say on their site about them is that they must be insured before their 5th birthday?

Make sure you go with a reputable breeder no bargain basement puppies - as you could end up paying the money you "save" on the puppy tenfold in vets fees

Advertisement