Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can ex father bring someone with him to supervised visit??

Options
  • 01-06-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

my ex has won access to our child many, many years after he abandoned her. i am to supervise the 1st visit but he has gotten it into his head that it is ok to bring one of his family members?! am i right in saying that he and he alone has access to the child and he has no right to bring anyone along?

the way i see it he has no interest in his child and more than likely it is the family who insist he seek access for their sakes. would i be wrong to expect a grown man to finally take some resposibility for his child without having someone there to hide behind? surely if he can bring someone i can too...i wouldnt expect him to sit there with a member of my family!

they are both strangers to my child and meeting one is going to hard enough for her without adding another person to the mix. will i be in breach of the order if i dont let him see her if he is not on his own or is he in breach by bringing someone who neither has access or been ordered to supervise?
    thanks fo any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You'll need to contact your solicitor or the court clerk to clarify that. We can't tell you the specifics of your access order or give legal advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement