Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etihad

Options
  • 01-06-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi guys

Anyone know what Etihad are like to fly with. Goin from Dublin to Sydney :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Amazing.
    Flew to dubai, best flight i was ever on. Great plane, food, seats, everything.
    Cabin crew are very 'formal' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

Flew with them to Sydney in March. Dublin - Abu Dhabi - Sydney.
    Couldn't fault them! Good food and entertainment and cabin crew were polite and mannerly.
    Swift check in and baggage collection.
    So good flight and no complaints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kinggriff

debs1 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Anyone know what Etihad are like to fly with. Goin from Dublin to Sydney :)

Flew dub - Abu dhabi - Melbourne last sat. Nice flight and decent leg room. Food was best I've ever had on a flight. De long flight is a killer no matter wot tho! And dey wer cheaper Dan emirates too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

kinggriff wrote: »
    Flew dub - Abu dhabi - Melbourne last sat. Nice flight and decent leg room. Food was best I've ever had on a flight. De long flight is a killer no matter wot tho! And dey wer cheaper Dan emirates too

Don't get me started on Emirates, that airport in Dubai is enough to give me high blood pressure. Etihad are a far more civilized airlines to fly with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod No text speak from now on - thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 kinggriff

hussey wrote: »
    Mod No text speak from now on - thanks.

I know Hussey, a bad habit I always struggle to shake! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bossdon

I flew to Melbourne recently and I must say best airline Ive flown with. Worth the extra few bob!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 debs1

Thanks everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Amazing.
    Flew to dubai, best flight i was ever on. Great plane, food, seats, everything.
    Cabin crew are very 'formal' though.

I think you'll find that Etihad flies to Abu Dhabi rather than Dubai; were you on Emirates?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smile it confuses people

Stinicker wrote: »

Don't get me started on Emirates, that airport in Dubai is enough to give me high blood pressure. Etihad are a far more civilized airlines to fly with.
    O god y?? My flight is booked with emirates , Dublin to Dubai and Dubai Perth in august... What was the deal with the airport?? Travelling alone so this might make it easier ...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

O god y?? My flight is booked with emirates , Dublin to Dubai and Dubai Perth in august... What was the deal with the airport?? Travelling alone so this might make it easier ...

Dubai airport is a big modern Airport, but when I landed there early in the morning at 12.30am the place was literally heaving with people, and the security queue was very long. Our plane taxied to a remote apron and we were bussed to the terminal, which was not so great. I am not sure if they still do this now as Emirates have upgraded the aircraft to the bigger Boeing 777 rather than the Airbus A330 I flew on in late March.

The Boeing 777 is very cramped and I did not enjoy my flight on it, the security queue on the return leg home at 06.30am was even worse as you can see here, I was lucky Emirates held the flight or otherwise I would have missed the connection as my inbound flight was delayed by 2hrs which gave me 20mins to clear security and that took me 45mins but luckily they held the plane. Too many people and not a clue about queuing or queue line etiquette. Add this to a cramped flight onboard their Boeing 777's and it makes for an exhausting horrible experience.

Stinicker wrote: »

Dubai airport is a big modern Airport, but when I landed there early in the morning at 12.30am the place was literally heaving with people, and the security queue was very long. Our plane taxied to a remote apron and we were bussed to the terminal, which was not so great. I am not sure if they still do this now as Emirates have upgraded the aircraft to the bigger Boeing 777 rather than the Airbus A330 I flew on in late March.

The Boeing 777 is very cramped and I did not enjoy my flight on it, the security queue on the return leg home at 06.30am was even worse as you can see here, I was lucky Emirates held the flight or otherwise I would have missed the connection as my inbound flight was delayed by 2hrs which gave me 20mins to clear security and that took me 45mins but luckily they held the plane. Too many people and not a clue about queuing or queue line etiquette. Add this to a cramped flight onboard their Boeing 777's and it makes for an exhausting horrible experience.
    Oooh dear.....panic is on! Thanks though! Appreciate that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Do they fly to Perth from Dublin-Dubai?

dclane wrote: »
    Do they fly to Perth from Dublin-Dubai?
    Eimarets (excuse the spelling) do not sure about eithiad

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Etihad normally flies through Abu Dhabi to Melbourne anyways.
    Abu Dhabi airport is great, spotless, free wifi, and empty of people usually.
    It is on my list of favorite airports for sure.
    Etihad as an airline however are alright, food is meh and they usually use smaller planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭gazmc18

Etihad normally flies through Abu Dhabi to Melbourne anyways.
    Abu Dhabi airport is great, spotless, free wifi, and empty of people usually.
    It is on my list of favorite airports for sure.
    Etihad as an airline however are alright, food is meh and they usually use smaller planes.
    I can't say i agree with abu dhabi airport being great,has always been jammed the few times i have been there.not a place i enjoyed tbh. Ethiad are fine to fly with.unless your in business class no airline will have loads of space.etihad use a330s and 340s which are fine.the 14hour leg from abu dhabi to Australia is not fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

gazmc18 wrote: »
    I can't say i agree with abu dhabi airport being great,has always been jammed the few times i have been there.not a place i enjoyed tbh. Ethiad are fine to fly with.unless your in business class no airline will have loads of space.etihad use a330s and 340s which are fine.the 14hour leg from abu dhabi to Australia is not fun at all.

I have been through there 3 times I think, was good for me! :D
    Yeah, not a fan of the A330/A340..
    14hr flight is hell! :mad:

Advertisement