Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another driving through the city/traffic question

Options
  • 01-06-2012 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

I'll be starting a job in ringsend monday week i got on short notice. Im trying to figure a route to get there in the mornings if im coming from the N4. Google maps is sending me all the way up the M50 & down through the port tunnel, which obviously isn't a option because the tunnel toll is mad high, to keep cars out id imagine.

Id be aiming to be there for 8 say so travelling through the city about half 7. Whats the general traffic like at this stage? Roughly when is it worst?

So i figure the options are:

1. All the way in along the quays to the o2 & over the river.
    2. Turn south at kilmainham & all the way around the south circular.
    3. Maybe south down the m50 & off somewhere along? In the N81? Or the N11? Or even along the strand road through sandymount?

My geography of south dublin(or any other part for that matter) is poor, but i will have a sat nav.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Option one and cross the river before the 02 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

No 1 and buy a motorbike

Bus lanes pretty much the whole way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Nodster wrote: »
    Option one and cross the river before the 02 wink.gif

Not sure what you mean?
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    No 1 and buy a motorbike

Bus lanes pretty much the whole way cool.gif

Ha i wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean?

If you don't turn off you'll end up in the port :)

mikemac1 wrote: »
    If you don't turn off you'll end up in the port :)

Ah right, i meant the turn at the o2, i didnt know whether you meant an earlier bridge, or were just being smart. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean?

apologies, avoiding the east link toll I meant

.... +1 on a motorbike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Along the quays and turn right on Samuel Beckett bridge before O2/east link, turn left onto Pearse St and then Ringsend Rd

Nodster wrote: »
    apologies, avoiding the east link toll I meant

The bridge is tolled?! Ara jasus sake.
    xebec wrote: »
    Along the quays and turn right on Samuel Beckett bridge before O2/east link, turn left onto Pearse St and then Ringsend Rd

Cool is check this out so.

I had thought about maybe getting a place to stay west of the city, like lucan or whatever, but im thinking south anywhere from sandymount to dun laoghaire might be better now. It will be right in pigeon house road ill actually be working so i thought orginally looking at google maps crossing the east link would be an option.

Advertisement