Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euromillions €120 million plus next Tuesday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I'd do 2 chicks at the same time

Presumably by paying Harley Street for surgery to graft a second penis on to your body?

Probably not as cool as it sounds.
    I'd imagine you'd be looking at having to wear two pair of underpants; instead of one, for starters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

bluewolf wrote: »
    and i already have a roommate :D

maybe wibbs and sun will get you an upgrade :D

A fcuking upgrade?
    I think I'll hold out for AS to win the euromillions :pac:

A fcuking upgrade?
    I think I'll hold out for AS to win the euromillions :pac:

yeah to that five star place!
    ha ha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I prepaid my hotel goddamit.
    I know how to pick the good women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

I keep having dreams I win the lotto! I must get around to doing it sometime:rolleyes:

Buy a gaffe near the sea.
    Give the family a good bit of money.
    Give a good bit to the needy.

I'm sure I'd find a way to blow it in a year though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Sweden in May 2013 sounds lovely...if I had the money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Would be cool to set up a thing of everyone would post in a thread, and by posting you agree to give so much of your winnings if you are the winner. That way, if any of us was to get it. So, everyone has a chance of getting something.

Or maybe I'm just crazy. Which is quite likely as yes, I can see reasons that would make this a not so perfect idea, and I don't expect it to actually be done.

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Would be cool to set up a thing of everyone would post in a thread, and by posting you agree to give so much of your winnings if you are the winner. That way, if any of us was to get it. So, everyone has a chance of getting something.

Or maybe I'm just crazy. Which is quite likely as yes, I can see reasons that would make this a not so perfect idea, and I don't expect it to actually be done.

Crazy indeed:eek:

You'd be left with like 2 euro :pac:

One of the issues is how much to give per person. I think what would have to be done is make a thread, get people to post interest, then come to a reasonable amount that wouldn't be crazy. It wouldn't be like "100,000 per person. Oh, wait that would mean I'd owe people in the thread." It would have to work the other way.

Edit: The other of course is the people who might try to game the system by posting but being unwilling on winning of actually living up to their part. So, again, not something that is likely to happen, but would be cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

I wouldn't go crazy and spend it all on stuff like cars, houses and pubs..

I'd be more sensitive and clever and bet all on red.

One of the issues is how much to give per person. I think what would have to be done is make a thread, get people to post interest, then come to a reasonable amount that wouldn't be crazy. It wouldn't be like "100,000 per person. Oh, wait that would mean I'd owe people in the thread." It would have to work the other way.

Congratulations. You've just complicated winning the lottery:pac:
    What if you despised some people in the thread and you won? You'd have to give em some winnings:D

Best thing to do is keep schum and enjoy all the deadly things you bought :) Oh I hope I win.

Crazy indeed..said the vicar in a tutu ;):D

Congratulations. You've just complicated winning the lottery:pac:
    What if you despised some people in the thread and you won? You'd have to give em some winnings:D
    Yes, but by implication you have the chance of getting money off someone you hate/dislike/have no time for*.

It doesn't really complicate it. At the moment, you win or don't. My way, you win or don't, and if you don't, another might.

*I add these other categories because I'm sure there are plenty who find hating someone on boards kinda pointless.

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    Crazy indeed..said the vicar in a tutu ;):D

It's comfortable! :mad::(

Yes, but by implication you have the chance of getting money off someone you hate.

It doesn't really complicate it. At the moment, you win or don't. Now, you win or don't, and if you don't, another might.

Yeah I see your point. Im just focusing on if I won and how i'd feel giving people money:rolleyes: I'm sure if it was someone else and I was in said agreement I wouldnt be complaining.

It's comfortable! :mad::(

Ala AH. Any art to show your uncomfortableness? /concerned poster :)

Ala AH. Any art to show your uncomfortableness? /concerned poster :)

No :( But thanks for your concern. well appreciated:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Would you have to meet go public if you won?

• Advertisement

It isn't going to happen, but to make it work, you'd post in the thread with the numbers you have on your euromillions ticket. This isn't on your post, it should be deleted/disregarded. The OP could have what everyone put down. Terms could be agreed, perhaps by poll. It is impossible to know how many people would actually post in a thread.

It is 110,000,000 at the moment. Say you cut off the 10 mil, and have 200 people in there. That is 50,000 each. The winner wouldn't lose that much sleep over a loss of 10 mill for the chance of getting 50k I'd have assumed. I certainly would be willing to lose 10 mil to be in with a greater chance of 50k. These numbers are estimates, of course.

Edit: I see its 130 mill.. So, something else would be worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Never going to happen

There would be so many disputes the only winners would be those over in Legal forum ;)

It isn't going to happen, but to make it work, you'd post in the thread with the numbers you have on your euromillions ticket. This isn't on your post, it should be deleted/disregarded. The OP could have what everyone put down. Terms could be agreed, perhaps by poll. It is impossible to know how many people would actually post in a thread.

It is 110,000,000 at the moment. Say you cut off the 10 mil, and have 200 people in there. That is 50,000 each. The winner wouldn't lose that much sleep over a loss of 10 mill for the chance of getting 50k I'd have assumed. I certainly would be willing to lose 10 mil to be in with a greater chance of 50k. These numbers are estimates, of course.

Edit: I see its 130 mill.. So, something else would be worked out.

Yeah true.. It's a lovely thought but whats the likelihood of anyone even winning it that's posted here :eek: , Plus wouldnt it become complicated, people getting greedy, backing out last minute etc. I'd imagine it would become a very messy affair.
    pushki wrote: »
    Would you have to meet go public if you won?

Hope not. imagine all your long lost cousins, aunts and uncles suddenly needing handouts :pac: plus it leaves your family open to danger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

God id rather die than go public with a win of that amount!

I'm interested in hearing some of the complications that could come up. One that immediately springs to mind is a person paying more for a euromillion ticket than another. I don't generally buy euromillions or lottery because of an awareness of the odds.

The main times I've ever actually done so was when it was a group of work or FAS when I was there. It gave better odds than doing it solo. I know, not that much better odds, but it was enough of an illusion to get me in.

People might get tickets at different values, like a 4 euro or a whatever. If a person bought a ticket that was worth more than another they might feel they deserved a larger cut. Is this the type of problem legally speaking? If so, then it could be resolved by an agreed euromillion ticket to be purchased. There could well be countless other problems facing it. And I know peoples unwillingness will be the biggest one. But that isn't really a legal issue.

The interest probably isn't there. So, it is irrelevant. Nice thought though.

I'm interested in hearing some of the complications that could come up. One that immediately springs to mind is a person paying more for a euromillion ticket than another. I don't generally buy euromillions or lottery because of an awareness of the odds.

The main times I've ever actually done so was when it was a group of work or FAS when I was there. It gave better odds than doing it solo. I know, not that much better odds, but it was enough of an illusion to get me in.

People might get tickets at different values, like a 4 euro or a whatever. If a person bought a ticket that was worth more than another they might feel they deserved a larger cut. Is this the type of problem legally speaking? If so, then it could be resolved by an agreed euromillion ticket to be purchased. There could well be countless other problems facing it. And I know peoples unwillingness will be the biggest one. But that isn't really a legal issue.

The interest probably isn't there. So, it is irrelevant. Nice thought though.

112 millon..? I think was the prize that a woman from your area won?

She now lives in a different area,but has lost her friends :(

Dammit,Id choose my friends over money.
    IF I won that mad money,Id keep 1 million, I couldnt even spend that.

PS. Eurovision here we come :D

Dammit,Id choose my friends over money.

If you had that money you would not lack for friends

Not realy friends though, leechers

mikemac1 wrote: »
    If you had that money you would not lack for friends

Not realy friends though, leechers

That's why I wouldnt want to tell anybody.. would be a horrible feeling knowing deep down your flavour of the month because you've a bit of money.

Ireland is a small place, the rags will get your name

The girl in the bank, the lad in the accountants, the local shopkeeper who sold the ticket and fetched your CCTV image, someone will sell your name to the Sun or the Star or whoever

Best to just come forward, do it on your own terms and get it over with :)

That's why I wouldnt want to tell anybody.. would be a horrible feeling knowing deep down your flavour of the month because you've a bit of money.

:) Nice legs ;)

Ahhhh Im messing

It depends on how mature any person is to deal with ANYTHING.

Some 18/30/50/ in here..... :eek:

I wish you all well in your lottos :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 54 ✭✭Censorship

:) Nice legs ;)

Ahhhh Im messing

It depends on how mature any person is to deal with ANYTHING.

Some 18/30/50/ in here..... :eek:

I wish you all well in your lottos :)

haha.. I dont think maturity has too much to do with it though! well in some ways it does.. but not in the whole people taking advantage, finding out and kidnapping your family..

Should just stick to a game of bingo.. Money without risks:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Censorship wrote: »

No it isn't.
    You're welcome.

You're here with an agenda, bitter over the referendum result

All your posts have that same video about censorship

Get a blog FFS

Spitty we cant see that on AH's

No it isn't.
    You're welcome.

Nowwwwww. Carry on:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I would hire a solicitor to sue the solicitor who mis-handled by separation. Be worth every penny!!

Then maybe I'd have enough left to get a divorce and buy a Fiat 500, in blue?

Suppose I could increase my chances of winning ever so slightly by buying a ticket before this evening?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sweet. I will win. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I only watched 3 seconds, but I enjoyed the fact that Beethoven's 9th symphony was included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Well I have promised my friends that if I won something like that I would run down Grafton street bollock naked with the winning numbers painted on my chest.

After that I would pay of my families mortgages, give am a few million each on top, buy property on Malibu beach, London, New York, Dublin and Bundoran.

I would do a 1 million euro quick pick and give the winnings of that to charity. I would also set a charity rock gig thing that wioyld raise monies for various charities in Ireland. I would spend at least a month in a foreign country doing charity work(building schools, houses etc)

I have thought this through as you can see........................oh and a swimming pool full of fanta(that the 6 yrs old me wishing I could win the lotto)

frAg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

See if i could claim job seekers allowance.

I'd need a secretary to handle my begging letters

I'd also hire a mod to handle my begging pms

That's me covered so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I'd give one third to Fianna Fail, one third to the Catholic church and the rest to those poor property developers who have holiday homes in the Caribbean to maintain. It's only money, who needs it?

You forgot the GAA!

The third part of the Trinity

Sad there hasn't been any interest in my idea at all. I didn't really expect it to become a reality, but was expecting at least a few people to have been interested in the idea by now. Would be great if a workable way of doing it could be found.

It wouldn't be a one off thing, but an arranged thing where with big sums like this we'd all do the same thing more than just a one off. Lots of people here have pointed out they could never spend such a vast amount of money, would give most to charity. Surely an increased odds and less money would be of interest to some.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think the system would be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What the hell would I do with €120m? I suspect it'd be too much to handle. Yeah I could buy a jet etc, but with expensive assets come lots of worries. I'd probably keep it low key and put €110m of it into a trust fund or give it to charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I'd give one third to Fianna Fail, one third to the Catholic church and the rest to those poor property developers who have holiday homes in the Caribbean to maintain. It's only money, who needs it?

You still bitter about your mortgage or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

please let me win it i dont want to go to work in the morning and i need to trade in my missus for a new 6 foot russian with pins right up to her arm pits:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

if I was to win that it would be the same day I get a job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

Jester252 wrote: »
    if I was to win that it would be the same day I get a job

things that bad???

• Advertisement
Advertisement