Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forecasts for 10th of June on in Poland / Euro 2012

Options
  • 17-05-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone give me an idea of what kind of weather poland will have for first 2 weeks in june . we head over to the euros on the 7th berlin first then to poznan on 9th , all my research indicates it will be very nice and warm but when i check current weather and 10 day forecast it seems very dull and wet :confused: has anyone here got a idea (as much as one can have on) or any links to some weather forecast sites for europe ? cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

jo06555 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone give me an idea of what kind of weather poland will have for first 2 weeks in june . we head over to the euros on the 7th berlin first then to poznan on 9th , all my research indicates it will be very nice and warm but when i check current weather and 10 day forecast it seems very dull and wet :confused: has anyone here got a idea (as much as one can have on) or any links to some weather forecast sites for europe ? cheers ;)
    Honestly its too far out, the 5 day forecast is the limit of what i would even give a slight bit of credit to.

Wish i had a better answer but anyone telling you anything this far away is making a wild guess imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Honestly its too far out, the 5 day forecast is the limit of what i would even give a slight bit of credit to.

Wish i had a better answer but anyone telling you anything this far away is making a wild guess imo.

I guessed so, im just hoping that the one time i go to poland in june its not a out of the ordinary bad spell of rain and cold :( all i hear from people is how good the weather is in june but looking at weather now its just rain :rolleyes: thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I guessed so, im just hoping that the one time i go to poland in june its not a out of the ordinary bad spell of rain and cold :( all i hear from people is how good the weather is in june but looking at weather now its just rain :rolleyes: thanks anyway
    Dont take too much heed in it, weather can change totally in a day or two amd your a long way off yet, June is usually an excellent time of year there chances are you will be grand.

Any update on what central Europe weather could be next week on ?, mark vogans latest video shows cold front :( is he reliable .??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Any update on what central Europe weather could be next week on ?, mark vogans latest video shows cold front :( is he reliable .??
    The weather forcast for poznan for that peroid looks like showers and sun tempatures from high teens to mid 20s possable one or two days of rain for the 9th and 10th of june should be grand after that still a bit out in the future but u should be ok,you will probaly get to see some good tunder stoms also, just to let you know 20c there feels like high twentys to us the air is much dryer, enjoy the soccor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 tonydatiger

I've been told by a workmate who lives near Poznan that its generally warm circa 25-30 on average for June.:D

Thanks hopefully it will be nice and sunny I can take some showers as long as I get to use my shorts in sun too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

At the moment, computer models are showing a warm, dry pattern for Sunday 10th in Poznan, with just a slight risk of thunderstorms. It looks about 28 C daytime and 18 C by late evening. I will update this as we get into more reliable time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

At the moment, computer models are showing a warm, dry pattern for Sunday 10th in Poznan, with just a slight risk of thunderstorms. It looks about 28 C daytime and 18 C by late evening. I will update this as we get into more reliable time.

thats too hot for the team could you turn the temp down a bit for the matches please, and then ramp it up after the game :p

Nice thank you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

duckysauce wrote: »
    thats too hot for the team could you turn the temp down a bit for the matches please, and then ramp it up after the game :p

I don't think we need any ramping up!!

If it is extra hot could get very painful especially with the hangovers and lack of air conditioning :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Spent time there in July last year. A lot of random huge thunder storms, but mostly sunny and in the 30's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Euro-2012.jpg

Heading over to Poland?

The 10th of June, Ireland's first game of Euro 2012 in Poznan, Western Poland, is coming into the higher resolution end of the models now. So what's the forecast!?

Well, first because it's still 9 days out, forecasts can't be very accurate yet but we can get a good idea of what to expect.

It does look like it's going to be very warm and humid overall with temperatures in the high twenties during the day but it looks very unsettled aswell atm with heavy rain or thunderstorms possible. As Ireland's matches are evening kickoffs (late evening in Poland) it does not look too overbearing for the team as at that stage of the evening it cools down very much.

Not going to post many charts in the OP today because we are not quite in the high resolution range yet. I'd like to post Poland specific charts but they are not available just yet. Just a couple low res European charts for some idea.

Rainfall (remember it's far out - this is only indicative)

Rtavn2164.png

Temperature

Rtavn21617.png

It looks very humid aswell right now which can be crucial aswell in football or any sport. But like I say it's 9 days so I wouldn't worry about anything like that just yet!:)

Anyone got their own forecasts, contributions for Poland/Ukraine? I think there will be some interest in this thread for supporters especially those heading over.

darkman2 wrote: »
    Euro-2012.jpg

Heading over to Poland?

Rainfall (remember it's far out - this is only indicative)

Rtavn2164.png

Temperature

Rtavn21617.png

Anyone got their own forecasts, contributions for Poland/Ukraine? I think there will be some interest in this thread for supporters especially those heading over.

Yes I am heading over on the 7th Berlin first then Poznan and iv being trying to figure out what the weather will be like , all I see atm is rain and cloud cover after all my polish work colleagues tell me not to worry it will be sunny , ??? I really hope it turns out good that week hopefully this thread can be updated to inform us ? ;)

Thursday and Friday look like heavy rain and signs if it clearing up a bit then but far from normal summer conditions if Google can be trusted??? Anyone got more reliable charts ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ketrab82

Very good polish website with weather forecast of Poznan.
    http://www.twojapogoda.pl/polska/wielkopolskie/poznan/16dniowa ( Only the Polish language version)
    http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city?WMO=12326%26LEVEL%3D100&LANG=en&PRG=citybild (English)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

The first link has a Euro 2012 section, with actual match forecasts. At this stage it's looking like 27 °C for the Croatia match, 21 °C for the Spanish, and 22 °C and thunderstorms for the Italy one.

No excuses lads.

Poznań

Gdańsk

Good news for Ireland. It's looking a good bit cooler now for the Croatia game. Well under 20c progged in fact for the period during which the game is to be played. And showery potentially but mostly dry now is the forecast.

Temperature

207561.gif

Rainfall

207563.gif

Su Campu wrote: »
    The first link has a Euro 2012 section, with actual match forecasts. At this stage it's looking like 27 °C for the Croatia match, 21 °C for the Spanish, and 22 °C and thunderstorms for the Italy one.

No excuses lads.

Poznań

Gdańsk

27 on the Sunday but will the cloud and rain be blocking all the heat that day as all forecasts I'm seeing show rain most days :( typical once irish arrive Poland's normal hot
    Summer months dissapear ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Current models have backed away from earlier suggestions of hot/dry and are showing a cloudy, warm but not too oppressive 17-19 C for game time after an earlier high of about 22-23 C, some showers advancing slowly from the southwest perhaps arriving during or just after the game. Would say then that the weather will not be a huge factor, very little breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Camping is going to be fun in that weather :( no wet clothes with me either :(

SantryRed wrote: »
    Camping is going to be fun in that weather :( no wet clothes with me either :(
    Ye I know I'm the same its a pity as the weather being nice would of helped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭actwithoutwords

ketrab82 wrote: »
    http://www.twojapogoda.pl/polska/wielkopolskie/poznan/16dniowa ( Only the Polish language version)

I don't speak any Polish but the universal language of images of rainy clouds says bad things. Both Poznan and Gdansk, for almost the whole first week. That would put a serious dampener on things.

ketrab82 wrote: »

I don't speak any Polish but the universal language of images of rainy clouds says bad things. Both Poznan and Gdansk, for almost the whole first week. That would put a serious dampener on things.
    Do their does not look like their will be any rest bite from the rain next week ??? That sure is a dampner;(

Does accuweather be reliable as this morning it has sat and Sunday with just a chance of showers and clear sky 25c ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Anyone fancy to make a further prediction now we are in "reliable" timeframe? Looks like 20C as far as I can see, and thats a few degrees up from the start of this week. I'm doing a 3 day trip for the match on Sunday and had planned to bring shorts / tee shirts / sandals but I think it'll be cool enough at night.........

(Sorry - didn't see specific new thread on the topic............)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Does accuweather be reliable as this morning it has sat and Sunday with just a chance of showers and clear sky 25c ???

It simply parrots what the latest models say. I think accuweather quotes the American GFS model. At 5 days away it should be reasonably accurate. Weather is awful in Poznan at the mo it seems but improving for the weekend happily (flying out for 3 day trip on Friday)! Its early teens today which isn't what I have in mind at all.

The temperature for game time Sunday evening is in the 17 - 19c range on the latest model runs in a light southwesterly breeze.

207760.gif

As MT said there is a risk of some rain (though probably nothing as ridiculous as Budapest last night) and the odd thunderstorm embedded.

207761.gif

It looks comfortable for the game atm.

darkman2 wrote: »
    The temperature for game time Sunday evening is in the 17 - 19c range on the latest model runs in a light southwesterly breeze.

207760.gif

As MT said there is a risk of some rain (though probably nothing as ridiculous as Budapest last night) and the odd thunderstorm embedded.

207761.gif

It looks comfortable for the game atm.
    That will do nicely ;) will their be lots of cloud cover or will we see the sun shine :)

• Advertisement

Does their look like any chance weather could change for the better next week??

Advertisement