Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sapphire HD 7850 not being detected ...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Done using the cleaning method Glynf linked on page one. Problem persists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Brian,

You could check the mobo is still set to PCI graphics as preferred device, it might have switched back to the integrated graphics if your AMD card got too hot & shutdown?

Yea checked that alright and PCIe is still the primary graphics adapter. Someone is suggesting CMOS reset on OCUK forums, worth a shot? Reluctant to lose CPU OC tho and have to start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

You can always make note of all your settings and re-do all afterwards?

Yea in process of that now. How do I reset CMOS anyhoo? There's a switch for it on the I/O panel, do I just press it? Or do I need to hold it for a minute? Power on or off? Cables plugged in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Isn't it just take out the CMOS battery? (or is that just old tech?)

Edit: And then put it back in after a min or two :P

Success, CMOS reset done the trick! Now to start from square 1 again!

:EDIT: it both worked and my OC was still saved to as a user setting! win win! Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spheikki

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Success, CMOS reset done the trick! Now to start from square 1 again!

:EDIT: it both worked and my OC was still saved to as a user setting! win win! Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Good to hear you solved your issue. Luckily you had 2 pcs PCI-E 3.0 slots.

I don't :( Read on...

I have the same problem with Asrock Z77 Pro3 motherboard (with i5 Ivy Bridge) as my Sapphire HD 8750 OC does not work in PCI-E 3.0 slot (PCIE2), no output signal, and Windows 7 does not show the device at all. PC & Windows boots up but no display (installed using IGPU). Only way to get it work is to move it to another slot which is PCI-E 2.0 only. So I am losing PCI-E 3.0 support now.

My older Radeon (PCI-E 2.0 compatible) works in this PCI 3.0 slot.
    So the PCI3.0 slot cannot be completely broken, may just the PCI3.0 support does not work in this motherboard.

I have pretty much tried everything including reset CMOS (battery off, jumper reset), BIOS settings, ...

Only thing I am not able to test is to try the 8750 in another computer with PCI-E 3.0 slot, but I don't this is a graphics card problem but Asrock mobo issue.

Any further ideas are welcome...maybe it is just time to send the mobo back as faulty...have to contact Asrock first for support...

spheikki wrote: »
    Good to hear you solved your issue. Luckily you had 2 pcs PCI-E 3.0 slots.

I don't :( Read on...

I have the same problem with Asrock Z77 Pro3 motherboard (with i5 Ivy Bridge) as my Sapphire HD 8750 OC does not work in PCI-E 3.0 slot (PCIE2), no output signal, and Windows 7 does not show the device at all. PC & Windows boots up but no display (installed using IGPU). Only way to get it work is to move it to another slot which is PCI-E 2.0 only. So I am losing PCI-E 3.0 support now.

My older Radeon (PCI-E 2.0 compatible) works in this PCI 3.0 slot.
    So the PCI3.0 slot cannot be completely broken, may just the PCI3.0 support does not work in this motherboard.

I have pretty much tried everything including reset CMOS (battery off, jumper reset), BIOS settings, ...

Only thing I am not able to test is to try the 8750 in another computer with PCI-E 3.0 slot, but I don't this is a graphics card problem but Asrock mobo issue.

Any further ideas are welcome...maybe it is just time to send the mobo back as faulty...have to contact Asrock first for support...

MORE INFO: I tried changing BIOS setting "PCIE2 Link Speed" from "Auto" to "Gen1" and my 8750 card started working also on slot PCI-E 3.0, but it works only in PCI-E 1.1 x16 mode...obviously.

spheikki wrote: »
    MORE INFO: I tried changing BIOS setting "PCIE2 Link Speed" from "Auto" to "Gen1" and my 8750 card started working also on slot PCI-E 3.0, but it works only in PCI-E 1.1 x16 mode...obviously.

UPDATE: I bought a new motherboard (Asus P8Z77-V LK) and now my 7850 works fine in PCI-E 3.0 slot. So ASRock is the culprit in my problem...so bye bye ASRock. Let's see if I can return it back...

• Advertisement
Advertisement