Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"You'd sacrifice this beautiful woman for a moderately attractive ape?"

• 01-06-2012 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

Vice: So tell us about Pony.

Michelle Desilets [Director of the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation]: Pony is an orangutan from a prostitute village in Borneo. We found her chained to a wall, lying on a mattress. She had been shaved all over her body.

http://www.vice.com/read/yo1-v14n10

*Fair warning, this isn't a feel good story.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

man... i dont even know what to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

OMG :eek:

That poor poor orangutan :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Some people are just primitives. Barbarians. Goes for a few aspects of a few cultures too. Massively endangered great ape versus breeding like rats stupid humans? I'd cull the humans myself. Better for the planet and the humans that are more civilised. Then again I am a Nazi who feels some cultures and individuals are better than others and a minority of people are complete and utter wastes of oxygen.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ew, monkey tits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The phrase "legitamate targets" just flashed into me head there....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

funny how the people that care the most about these animals tend not to be the ones living right beside them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Well that's the mystery of how AIDS jumped from monkeys to humans solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Wibbs wrote: »
    Some people are just primitives. Barbarians. Goes for a few aspects of a few cultures too. Massively endangered great ape versus breeding like rats stupid humans? I'd cull the humans myself. Better for the planet and the humans that are more civilised. Then again I am a Nazi who feels some cultures and individuals are better than others and a minority of people are complete and utter wastes of oxygen.

MMMkay.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sea Filly wrote: »
    MMMkay.
    Yep I'm a Nazi. I'm certainly not some wishy washy cultural relativist. Some cultures are simply better than others on balance and if that balance goes too far then they're hardly worth saving except in the pages of history books. I won't be crying in my cornflakes over the passing of something like the Inquisition and its assorted members of superstitious dribblers any time soon. If a culture of prostitute villages with a side order of pongosexuality died out I'd be raising a glass to progress.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Oh man thats depressing.

Gutter filth of the lowest form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That is filthy.

Yep I'm a Nazi.

Good for you.

Though Nazism is specific to Germany of the early-mid 20th century, it's not a general term. So, yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Wtf?!! That poor animal. The madame along with her guilty customers should be donated as sex slaves to a family of gorillas although I doubt even the gorillas would want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

pongosexuality

Not sure whether to Google that or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

humbert wrote: »
    Well that's the mystery of how AIDS jumped from monkeys to humans solved.

My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Great, not only have i lost even more faith in humanity, I also have vice.com on my internet history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Theres a place where You can pay to have sex with Chimps???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ceegee wrote: »
    Great, not only have i lost even more faith in humanity, I also have vice.com on my internet history

....you've AH all over your internet history, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Finglas.

The fact that it's chained down is the worst thing. That's not how Time Trumpet sold the idea :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Years from now an ape like that will have its filthy paws all over humans...

I'd love to see her being able to exact revenge on each man that abused her.
    Her strength is 4 times that of any man easily, she'd tear them in half and they'd deserve it. Disgusting story that shows how cruel and deplorable some people can be.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Good for you.

Though Nazism is specific to Germany of the early-mid 20th century, it's not a general term. So, yeah...
    Oh right, fascist make you feel better? And yea these days it kinda is a catchall for various fascist philosophies of the time and since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Simi wrote: »
    Vice: So tell us about Pony.

Michelle Desilets [Director of the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation]: Pony is an orangutan from a prostitute village in Borneo. We found her chained to a wall, lying on a mattress. She had been shaved all over her body.

http://www.vice.com/read/yo1-v14n10

*adopts Borat voice*

"Aaaaah Verrry niccce.......... How much?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I'm sure there is but that is an orangutan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah of course some cultures are messed up and worse than others - like the Congo and Afghanistan. Nothing nazi-ish/fascist about that sentiment IMO. The worst aspects of these societies are ones created via fear, repression, brutality, ignorance... It doesn't mean Wibbs thinks every individual within such cultures is to blame - my own take is that the majority are the ones who have to suffer the most, and also don't know much better due to lack of education.

Cultural relativism - "How dare you criticise Iran for public floggings? We're no better" bla bla - just seems like arguing for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

ceegee wrote: »
    go back and read the first comment under the article, that should cheer you up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

'Read more articles about humans being terrible.' Why oh why did I read the article immediatly under the ape one. Burned into my mind. I feel physically sick,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Those villagers could be the missing link! Stupid slopeheads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I fully agree with Wibbs. The way those people treated that orangutan was utterly depraved, just really disgusting, I really don't understand humans sometimes. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah of course some cultures are messed up and worse than others - like the Congo and Afghanistan. Nothing nazi-ish/fascist about that sentiment IMO. The worst aspects of these societies are ones created via fear, repression, brutality, ignorance... It doesn't mean Wibbs thinks every individual within such cultures is to blame - my own take is that the majority are the ones who have to suffer the most, and also don't know much better due to lack of education.

What she (he?) said was "Then again I am a Nazi who feels some cultures and individuals are better than others and a minority of people are complete and utter wastes of oxygen."

If either of you honestly believes tht this story is representative of the Indonesian people as a whole (a country of 240 million people) then you both need to educate yourself more.

I would argue that they are no more messed up than a country that allowed its most vunerable children be sentence to years of abuse by the State and the States religion.

Wibbs is normally a pretty good poster so I am surprised and disappointed at these posts.

Listen, when I saw this thread, I knew it'd lead straight to Nazi talk.

Just accept it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    If either of you honestly believes tht this story is representative of the Indonesian people as a whole (a country of 240 million people)
    Of course not. Thought that had been made clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Ah, you would like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

What.

the.

actual.

F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dudess wrote: »
    Of course not. Thought that had been made clear.

Where has this been made clear?

Wibbs made statements about the inferiority of some cultures over others and said that s(he) would not be sad to see them eradicated. Maybe we could get a list of the superior cultures and the untermenschen just so we know where we stand in the greater scheme of things.

Yes this is a disgusting story but things just as disgusting have happened in Ireland to children and animals (thinking specifically of a Donegal sheep case in the 80's).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Why do you like riding Fat Hippos?

Where has this been made clear?

Wibbs made statements about the inferiority of some cultures over others and said that s(he) would not be sad to see them eradicated. Maybe we could get a list of the superior cultures and the untermenschen just so we know where we stand in the greater scheme of things.

Yes this is a disgusting story but things just as disgusting have happened in Ireland to children and animals (thinking specifically of a Donegal sheep case in the 80's).

Many 'cultures' can exist in any given society. The ape-rapists of Indonesia obviously don't represent the people of Indonesia overall.. they represent the culture of raping apes that some Indonesians evidently practice. That was my take on what Wibbs meant by 'cultures' at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I'm wondering what the women looked like, seeing as they chose to have sex with the orangutan.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Am I alone in thinking 'I would definitely hit that sh1t'?*

*obviously I'm not or they wouldn't have needed so many fúckin' AKs to steal her for theirselves

P.S Reading the FB comments beneath the article. lol@ PONY 2012!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

aujopimur wrote: »
    I'm wondering what the women looked like, seeing as they chose to have sex with the orangutan.

I'm not, I'm really not. Fúck, now I am.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oh right, fascist make you feel better? And yea these days it kinda is a catchall for various fascist philosophies of the time and since.
    I think the term could be "realist", depending on who you're talking to...

Many 'cultures' can exist in any given society. The ape-rapists of Indonesia obviously don't represent the people of Indonesia overall.. they represent the culture of raping apes that some Indonesians evidently practice. That was my take on what Wibbs meant by 'cultures' at least.

No Wibbs stated that they are a Nazi and a Fascist. I don't think you need to be a Nazi and a fascist to disagree with the story in the original post.

Take Ireland as a culture. Up to the 70's we pretty much allowed the govt and church do what they want with the subsequent revelations of abuse we have seen in the last few years. This was facilitated by MOST of the population despite what some say now. By Wibbs rational Ireland would be one of these lesser cultures that if we were wiped out would not be any tragedy.

TBH I am shocked at the amount of thumbs up and messages of support someone who states "I am a Nazi" is getting! I had hoped we had moved on a bit

TBH I am shocked at the amount of thumbs up and messages of support someone who states "I am a Nazi" is getting! I had hoped we had moved on a bit

By Wibbs rational Ireland would be one of these lesser cultures that if we were wiped out would not be any tragedy.
    Yes you're spot on to say it was facilitated by most... hell I'd go further and say the vast majority facilitated it and for me we were a lesser culture because of crap like that. A land where Father Ted was more a documentary than a comedy, with moving statues and kissing the ring of Bishops, in all senses of the description. That aspect of that lesser culture has been wiped out and consigned to the history books and I'm glad to see the back of it and yes I'd have been well glad if the perpetrators of those crimes were strung up by the ghoulies, but more measured types imprisoned some of them, but not nearly enough of them IMHO.

If an aspect of a culture reckons whore villages(WTF?) and shagging shaved higher primates is an OK thing to the degree they can amass enough support to drive off attempts to stop that sorta thing then yes they've hit a tipping point of being a lesser culture and bloody barbarians.

BTW sub cultures can exist within larger cultures you know? Sometimes the subculture is effing barbaric and rank with the balance sheet of worth tipping the wrong end of the scale and sometimes(though less so) the larger cultures the one with the problem.

And yes I would hold that some humans are irretrievable wastes of oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

No Wibbs stated that they are a Nazi and a Fascist. I don't think you need to be a Nazi and a fascist to disagree with the story in the original post.

Take Ireland as a culture. Up to the 70's we pretty much allowed the govt and church do what they want with the subsequent revelations of abuse we have seen in the last few years. This was facilitated by MOST of the population despite what some say now. By Wibbs rational Ireland would be one of these lesser cultures that if we were wiped out would not be any tragedy.

I'd just wait until you get confirmation from Wibbs as to what he was talking about tbh.

Here is my take on it, this is AH. Anyone who isn't grossly lovey-dovey and embracing absolutely everyone will be called a Nazi/Fascist by someone. Anyone who is even remotely forgiving of certain social tenants will be called a leftwing do-gooder/bleeding heart/card carrying member of the pc-brigade by someone else.

My money is on Wibbs making fun of both himself and the AH tendancy of a small but vocal minority of posters to always push towards the extremes.

I'm just gonna pop you in "takes post really literally" pile, unless I am wrong.

Wibbs made statements about the inferiority of some cultures over others and said that s(he) would not be sad to see them eradicated.
    Yep I wouldn't, but just to be clear lest this is up for debate that doesn't mean I'm designing my own uniforms and sending in stormtroopers. Eradication can take many forms. Education and removal of the main muppets that may be driving such behavior to name but two.
    Here is my take on it, this is AH. Anyone who isn't grossly lovey-dovey and embracing absolutely everyone will be called a Nazi/Fascist by someone. Anyone who is even remotely forgiving of certain social tenants will be called a leftwing do-gooder/bleeding heart/card carrying member of the pc-brigade by someone else.
    Fcuk! I'm that transparent? :D Good to see some still think I've the female persuasion too. Nice to keep em guessing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Depressing that such savagery still exists in the world. Caesar and his band of genetically modified ape-warriors would sort them boys out. I wonder are there any revolution-backing dictators out there that would arm them? Gaddaffi might have done if he was still around.

Yep I wouldn't, but just to be clear lest this is up for debate that doesn't mean I'm designing my own uniforms and sending in stormtroopers

Good. You're no Hugo Boss

No, it really isn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement