Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wish to cancel My eircom account

Options
  • 01-06-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

I would like to cancel my eircom account. I am currently on a home phone and 7Mb standard broadband package with Eircom. I am out of contract and wish to move to a different provider.

I started down this track some time ago as I am being severely overcharged for the provision of a standard 7MB package on a non NGB enabled exchange compared to newer customers on the 8MB NGB packages.

I have been with Eircom for over a decade at my current location and seven years at my previous location. I even engaged with the Eircom reps here on talk to Eircom to give Eircom an opportunity to show willing and retain my business. I was asked to pm my details, I did this and was assured in a reply pm that I would receive a phone call from an Eircom customer service rep to discuss what they could offer to retain my business.

The phone call never happened! It is hard to believe that a company firstly cannot recognise the plight the ordinary loyal customer is facing in this stricken economy but secondly cannot see the inequity in their pricing structure to these existing customers compared to newer customers being offered faster connections for less money. I also cannot for the life of me understand how a loyal customer like me can be allowed to walk away without even a phone call being made by customer retention, especially given the very well publicised financial state Eircom is currently in.

If any of the 'New' management of Eircom are made aware of, or get to read this post, please recognise the lack of customer service and failure to act on practially guaranteed sales leads is still going on in the company. If you ever hope to turn this Company around please listen to and learn to value your customers.

Now, Eircom Reps, could you please outline here for me in as simple a method as possible the steps I need to take to cancel my account? Also please let me know how the handover to a new provider will work, do I sign up with the new provider after the thirty days notice to eircom, before the thirty days notice etc? i wish to transition from Eircom to the new provider without any interruption to my service and also of course without finding myself in the position of paying two different companies simultaneously for the service, so please keep this foremost in mind and provide the necessary information to me accordingly.

No secret handshakes, waffle about Comreg not allowing you to lower your prices for existing products and non visible email addresses either please, just get to the point and provide the information, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

OK. I got a call from customer retention today. He said he was responding to my request to cancel which I sent on the 3rd of June. Amazing how my sending the cancellation email prompted a call from a customer retention agent and my requests for the same on here failed, despite the promise of the reps on talk to Eircom.

Anyway, in the heel of the hunt the offer of 10 Euro off my current charge for a period of six months fell well short of what would be needed to retain my business at this stage. I will be leaving Eircom, I got the agent who phoned me today to confirm my account will transfer on request from my new provider without interruption to my service and without any double billing or extra charges etc. He also said he was putting a note on my account to this effect.

However, being a bit dubious now of promises from Eircom, How would I go about getting a copy of my recorded phone call today? ( I am not expecting to need to, but in case I do need to get it I would like to know the procedure please).

My initial post above requesting information on cancelling wasn't responded to, so I am hoping one of the agents on here will extend me the courtesy of possibly responding to this one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I get what you mean customers on NGB get much cheaper and faster connections than people on standard BB who have to strangly pay more for less speed and less download allowance every month,

These older packages should be significantly reduced in price if Eircom really want to keep or gain more customers their prices better well come down no investment at all goes into their infrastructure at all and the ammount of money people pay a month for creeky old copper wires from the 80's-90's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

iPhone. wrote: »
    I would like to cancel my eircom account. I am currently on a home phone and 7Mb standard broadband package with Eircom. I am out of contract and wish to move to a different provider.

I started down this track some time ago as I am being severely overcharged for the provision of a standard 7MB package on a non NGB enabled exchange compared to newer customers on the 8MB NGB packages.

I have been with Eircom for over a decade at my current location and seven years at my previous location. I even engaged with the Eircom reps here on talk to Eircom to give Eircom an opportunity to show willing and retain my business. I was asked to pm my details, I did this and was assured in a reply pm that I would receive a phone call from an Eircom customer service rep to discuss what they could offer to retain my business.

The phone call never happened! It is hard to believe that a company firstly cannot recognise the plight the ordinary loyal customer is facing in this stricken economy but secondly cannot see the inequity in their pricing structure to these existing customers compared to newer customers being offered faster connections for less money. I also cannot for the life of me understand how a loyal customer like me can be allowed to walk away without even a phone call being made by customer retention, especially given the very well publicised financial state Eircom is currently in.

If any of the 'New' management of Eircom are made aware of, or get to read this post, please recognise the lack of customer service and failure to act on practially guaranteed sales leads is still going on in the company. If you ever hope to turn this Company around please listen to and learn to value your customers.

Now, Eircom Reps, could you please outline here for me in as simple a method as possible the steps I need to take to cancel my account? Also please let me know how the handover to a new provider will work, do I sign up with the new provider after the thirty days notice to eircom, before the thirty days notice etc? i wish to transition from Eircom to the new provider without any interruption to my service and also of course without finding myself in the position of paying two different companies simultaneously for the service, so please keep this foremost in mind and provide the necessary information to me accordingly.

No secret handshakes, waffle about Comreg not allowing you to lower your prices for existing products and non visible email addresses either please, just get to the point and provide the information, thanks.
    OK. I got a call from customer retention today. He said he was responding to my request to cancel which I sent on the 3rd of June. Amazing how my sending the cancellation email prompted a call from a customer retention agent and my requests for the same on here failed, despite the promise of the reps on talk to Eircom.

Anyway, in the heel of the hunt the offer of 10 Euro off my current charge for a period of six months fell well short of what would be needed to retain my business at this stage. I will be leaving Eircom, I got the agent who phoned me today to confirm my account will transfer on request from my new provider without interruption to my service and without any double billing or extra charges etc. He also said he was putting a note on my account to this effect.

However, being a bit dubious now of promises from Eircom, How would I go about getting a copy of my recorded phone call today? ( I am not expecting to need to, but in case I do need to get it I would like to know the procedure please).

My initial post above requesting information on cancelling wasn't responded to, so I am hoping one of the agents on here will extend me the courtesy of possibly responding to this one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi iPhone,

I can confirm that the conversation with cancellations is noted on the account as per the call from yesterday. I can only apologise that the previous call arranged didn't materialise. I can assure you that the request was made from our end, I went back and checked the history to confirm. That aside, there's no denying that the service was not up to the levels it should be so apologies for that. To get a copy of the call you would need to get our complaints team to chase this for you. You can contact them through 1901 and asking for the complaints section (complaints open Mon - Fri, 9am - 5.30pm)

With regards your cancellation, the request is indeed noted on the system here. The reason your initial post wasn't answered is that the hours here on boards are from 12pm - 5pm, Mon - Fri so it was simply outside our hours. (I have logged in late to post this reply) From the reply mail we got from cancellations, you have already made a request to another company to take over the line so now all you have to do is allow that to process on their end. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

James

OK, this is gone beyond farcical at this stage!!

I received my final bill from Eircom today - It says I am in credit to the tune of €50.01 it also lists a 'charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service'.

Now; how in the name of Christ after all my phone calls, online notifications and confirmations that I would not be charged any fees is this possible??

Can someone who has the authority and an inlkling of how to process my cancellation in the correct manner please assist me in sorting out this shambles and please repay me the total monies owed to me immediately.

I said it before and I will reiterate it, you don't deserve my business and you certainly aren't capable of running your own!

Please just get it sorted out for me once and for all and let me get on with enjoying the service from my new provider.

OK, this is gone beyond farcical at this stage!!

I received my final bill from Eircom today - It says I am in credit to the tune of €50.01 it also lists a 'charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service'.

Now; how in the name of Christ after all my phone calls, online notifications and confirmations that I would not be charged any fees is this possible??

Can someone who has the authority and an inlkling of how to process my cancellation in the correct manner please assist me in sorting out this shambles and please repay me the total monies owed to me immediately.

I said it before and I will reiterate it, you don't deserve my business and you certainly aren't capable of running your own!

Please just get it sorted out for me once and for all and let me get on with enjoying the service from my new provider.

Hi iPhone.,

As I confirmed above the cancellation notice was given through the correct channels by yourself. Apologies that the one month charge still hit the account, this was simply an admin error by our cancellations team. I have issued that amount back to the account as a credit to the total due back to you is €75.79. This will be issued by cheque within 3 weeks as per the standard refund process. I genuinely hope all goes well with your new service, I can see that everything has now fully switched over. There's no denying that things did not go smoothly on our end for you and again, apologies for that. All should be sorted for you now though.

Regards

James

• Advertisement

Hi iPhone.,

I have issued that amount back to the account as a credit to the total due back to you is €75.79. This will be issued by cheque within 3 weeks as per the standard refund process.

No cheque, no surprise! Can you please just get this finalised for me?

And to be honest at this stage I don't know how you reps on here can go to work every day without feeling humiliated by the failings of the Company you work for. Don't get me wrong, you guys are doing a great job on here, but even you have to admit at this stage if you were in my shoes you would feel Eircom as a Company are totally shambolic. I am almost feeling embarrassed for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

No cheque, no surprise! Can you please just get this finalised for me?

And to be honest at this stage I don't know how you reps on here can go to work every day without feeling humiliated by the failings of the Company you work for. Don't get me wrong, you guys are doing a great job on here, but even you have to admit at this stage if you were in my shoes you would feel Eircom as a Company are totally shambolic. I am almost feeling embarrassed for you!

Hi iPhone,

I can confirm the cheque refund was issued last week.

03/08/12 REFUND -75.79 - .00 222222

You should receive it some time this week.

Can you let me know when you receive it.

Thanks, Mark

Hi iPhone,

I can confirm the cheque refund was issued last week.

03/08/12 REFUND -75.79 - .00 222222

You should receive it some time this week.

Can you let me know when you receive it.

Thanks, Mark

Well, the cheque never arrived this week either, are you reps on here given explanations from each department along the line as to why they can't complete a simple task as promised? Because if you are, you must have a pretty sad and comprehensive list of the failings of your company with the history of how you handled this transaction alone!

Looking back over this sorry saga, not one thing that you have told me would happen, has happened, when or as you assured me it would.

As I said earlier, a total embarassment of a Company at this stage.

Well, the cheque never arrived this week either, are you reps on here given explanations from each department along the line as to why they can't complete a simple task as promised? Because if you are, you must have a pretty sad and comprehensive list of the failings of your company with the history of how you handled this transaction alone!

Looking back over this sorry saga, not one thing that you have told me would happen, has happened, when or as you assured me it would.

As I said earlier, a total embarassment of a Company at this stage.

Hi iPhone.,

Have checked this again with credit management. The cheque was definitely issued on 3/8/12 and have confirmed the correct address with credit management. I can only apologise for the delays but it is definitely on the way to you. If it doesn't arrive this week let us know and we'll possibly cancel the other one and issue a new cheque for you. Barring some problem with the actual delivery, I can't see it going past this week.

Regards

James

Lads, the old 'cheque is in the post' line is wearing very thin now.

Can one of you just stick a stamp on the bloody thing and shove it in a postbox and lets be done with all this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Jesus iphone :(

I guess eircom are paying peanuts cause you seem to be dealing with monkeys

Eircom - why don't you send out a courier with the cheque tomorrow cause you don't seem to follow your own policy

Lads, the old 'cheque is in the post' line is wearing very thin now.

Can one of you just stick a stamp on the bloody thing and shove it in a postbox and lets be done with all this?

Hi iPhone.,

Can you confirm whether the cheque has arrived yet? I have double-checked again with them and they say the cheque has left eircom and should be delivered by now. Apologies again for the long delay.

Regards

James

The cheque finally arrived yesterday.

Thank you.

Advertisement