Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy -vs- Russia, ESPN, 1945

• 01-06-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭

:)

Italy: Buffon; Maggio, Barzagli, Bonucci, Balzaretti; De Rossi, Pirlo, Marchisio; Montolivo; Cassano, Balotelli.

Russia: Malafeev, Nababkin, Ignashevich, A. Berezutsky, Zhirkov, Denisov, Zyryanov, Shirokov, Dzagoev, Arshavin, Kerzhakov.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Gone are the days when I could say I knew what each of the Italian players looked and played like. Come back to our screens James Richardson :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭briany

Italians are looking pacy early on. Russia just had a shot but it was easily taken by Buffon. Looks like a good open game and Italy look up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Surprised to see Cassano starting tbh. Hasn't he been out most of the season injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Knex. wrote: »
    Surprised to see Cassano starting tbh. Hasn't he been out most of the season injured?

Had heart surgery earlier this season I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Russia better and Buffon made 2 great saves so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

lol keeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Finished up 3-0 to Russia, Italy not looking too hot methinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The Italians bet on a big Russian win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wouldnt use a freindly as any sort of anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭briany

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wouldnt use a freindly as any sort of anything.

People here have opined that the Italy game could be Ireland's easiest and point to, as part of their reasoning, the 2-0 victory that Ireland B gained over them last year. You just never know which team will show up. I didn't catch all the game though. Were the defensive mistakes things that could rear their head again or just weird blunders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

How come pre tournament friendlies with teams who have both qualified are so rare? Wouldnt it be worthwhile for us to have had a friendly test run against England or France, seeing a it is highly likely we would be facing them if we get out of our group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

briany wrote: »
    People here have opined that the Italy game could be Ireland's easiest and point to, as part of their reasoning, the 2-0 victory that Ireland B gained over them last year. You just never know which team will show up. I didn't catch all the game though. Were the defensive mistakes things that could rear their head again or just weird blunders?

Fwiw, 7 of the Italy team and 11 of the Irish team that night will be in Poland. Italy had 68% possession and 21 attempts on goal - but only 1 actually on target. If Di Natale plays vs Ireland then I'm guessing the outcome won't be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

How come pre tournament friendlies with teams who have both qualified are so rare? Wouldnt it be worthwhile for us to have had a friendly test run against England or France, seeing a it is highly likely we would be facing them if we get out of our group.

I was pretty sure we didn't play England because it wasn't allowed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Renn wrote: »
    Italy had 21 attempts on goal - but only 1 actually on target.

Also known as a "Heskey".

Advertisement