Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

false advertising

• 01-06-2012 7:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭

my brother who is a farmer , came across an add on donedeal.ie for a bull for sale , he arranged to view the animal on the owners farm this afternoon but when he reached the farm , saw another bull which suited his needs better

anyhow , the bull was priced at 2000 euro but he eventually agreed on a price of 1900 euro with the owner , when he arrived home this evening with the bull , he went back on donedeal to compare him to similar animals , he got a shock when he discovered the very bull he had bought , advertised at 1850 euro , not only had my brother paid 1900 for the animal , the orginal price asked by the seller was 2000

is this a blatant case of false advertising and has my brother any grounds for complaint - action

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

sorry op, it's simple offer and acceptance. In this case your brother offered 1900 and it was accepted by the seller. Technically the price on display on donedeal is an invitation to treat. Was this a private sale? (I assume it was, being donedeal). I don't see a lot of comeback here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

private sale , and he was happy to pay that price , why complane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

This is bull!

Sorry I tried to resist :)

Bog standard offer and acceptance - false adverting is generally only applicable to business-consumer transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Eh , am I right in saying that the disputed amount is the bank busting sum of 50 Euro ??

Advertisement