Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bilderberg GroIRlup meeting 2012

• 01-06-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Yes I know there have been threads on this before.

But I ask you all to do this please - step away from the Doritos and the TV for just one second and think. Why is this secretive meeting taking place every year, and why is there an almost complete media blackout surrounding it?

I see that among several Irish attendants this year, Michael Noonan, our current Finance Minister, is attending. Now, I would have no problem if he was attending in a personal capacity, as that wouldn't concern me at all. But that fact that he is attending as the "Finance Minister of Ireland" really pisses me off - surely if he's attending in this capacity then we, the electorate, have a right to know what he will be discussing?

Before the usual lot come in with "conspiracy nut" etc, just ****ing think for yourselves for just one second.

List of Participants 2012: http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/participants2012.html

(List in case it doesn't load)
    Final List of Participants
    Chairman
    FRA Castries, Henri de Chairman and CEO, AXA Group

DEU Ackermann, Josef Chairman of the Management Board and the Group Executive Committee, Deutsche Bank AG
    GBR Agius, Marcus Chairman, Barclays plc
    USA Ajami, Fouad Senior Fellow, The Hoover Institution, Stanford University
    USA Alexander, Keith B. Commander, US Cyber Command; Director, National Security Agency
    INT Almunia, Joaquín Vice-President - Commissioner for Competition, European Commission
    USA Altman, Roger C. Chairman, Evercore Partners
    PRT Amado, Luís Chairman, Banco Internacional do Funchal (BANIF)
    NOR Andresen, Johan H. Owner and CEO, FERD
    FIN Apunen, Matti Director, Finnish Business and Policy Forum EVA
    TUR Babacan, Ali Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Financial Affairs
    PRT Balsemão, Francisco Pinto President and CEO, Impresa; Former Prime Minister
    FRA Baverez, Nicolas Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
    FRA Béchu, Christophe Senator, and Chairman, General Council of Maine-et-Loire
    BEL Belgium, H.R.H. Prince Philippe of
    TUR Berberoğlu, Enis Editor-in-Chief, Hürriyet Newspaper
    ITA Bernabè, Franco Chairman and CEO, Telecom Italia
    GBR Boles, Nick Member of Parliament
    SWE Bonnier, Jonas President and CEO, Bonnier AB
    NOR Brandtzæg, Svein Richard President and CEO, Norsk Hydro ASA
    AUT Bronner, Oscar Publisher, Der Standard Medienwelt
    SWE Carlsson, Gunilla Minister for International Development Cooperation
    CAN Carney, Mark J. Governor, Bank of Canada
    ESP Cebrián, Juan Luis CEO, PRISA; Chairman, El País
    AUT Cernko, Willibald CEO, UniCredit Bank Austria AG
    FRA Chalendar, Pierre André de Chairman and CEO, Saint-Gobain
    DNK Christiansen, Jeppe CEO, Maj Invest
    RUS Chubais, Anatoly B. CEO, OJSC RUSNANO
    CAN Clark, W. Edmund Group President and CEO, TD Bank Group
    GBR Clarke, Kenneth Member of Parliament, Lord Chancellor and Secretary of Justice
    USA Collins, Timothy C. CEO and Senior Managing Director, Ripplewood Holdings, LLC
    ITA Conti, Fulvio CEO and General Manager, Enel S.p.A.
    USA Daniels, Jr., Mitchell E. Governor of Indiana
    USA DeMuth, Christopher Distinguished Fellow, Hudson Institute
    USA Donilon, Thomas E. National Security Advisor, The White House
    GBR Dudley, Robert Group Chief Executive, BP plc
    ITA Elkann, John Chairman, Fiat S.p.A.
    DEU Enders, Thomas CEO, Airbus
    USA Evans, J. Michael Vice Chairman, Global Head of Growth Markets, Goldman Sachs & Co.
    AUT Faymann, Werner Federal Chancellor
    DNK Federspiel, Ulrik Executive Vice President, Haldor Topsøe A/S
    USA Ferguson, Niall Laurence A. Tisch Professor of History, Harvard University
    GBR Flint, Douglas J. Group Chairman, HSBC Holdings plc
    CHN Fu, Ying Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
    IRL Gallagher, Paul Former Attorney General; Senior Counsel
    USA Gephardt, Richard A. President and CEO, Gephardt Group
    GRC Giannitsis, Anastasios Former Minister of Interior; Professor of Development and International Economics, University of Athens
    USA Goolsbee, Austan D. Professor of Economics, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
    USA Graham, Donald E. Chairman and CEO, The Washington Post Company
    ITA Gruber, Lilli Journalist - Anchorwoman, La 7 TV
    INT Gucht, Karel de Commissioner for Trade, European Commission
    NLD Halberstadt, Victor Professor of Economics, Leiden University; Former Honorary Secretary General of Bilderberg Meetings
    USA Harris, Britt CIO, Teacher Retirement System of Texas
    USA Hoffman, Reid Co-founder and Executive Chairman, LinkedIn
    CHN Huang, Yiping Professor of Economics, China Center for Economic Research, Peking University
    USA Huntsman, Jr., Jon M. Chairman, Huntsman Cancer Foundation
    DEU Ischinger, Wolfgang Chairman, Munich Security Conference; Global Head Government Relations, Allianz SE
    RUS Ivanov, Igor S. Associate member, Russian Academy of Science; President, Russian International Affairs Council
    FRA Izraelewicz, Erik CEO, Le Monde
    USA Jacobs, Kenneth M. Chairman and CEO, Lazard
    USA Johnson, James A. Vice Chairman, Perseus, LLC
    USA Jordan, Jr., Vernon E. Senior Managing Director, Lazard
    USA Karp, Alexander CEO, Palantir Technologies
    USA Karsner, Alexander Executive Chairman, Manifest Energy, Inc
    FRA Karvar, Anousheh Inspector, Inter-ministerial Audit and Evaluation Office for Social, Health, Employment and Labor Policies
    RUS Kasparov, Garry Chairman, United Civil Front (of Russia)
    GBR Kerr, John Independent Member, House of Lords
    USA Kerry, John Senator for Massachusetts
    TUR Keyman, E. Fuat Director, Istanbul Policy Center and Professor of International Relations, Sabanci University
    USA Kissinger, Henry A. Chairman, Kissinger Associates, Inc.
    USA Kleinfeld, Klaus Chairman and CEO, Alcoa
    TUR Koç, Mustafa Chairman, Koç Holding A.Ş.
    DEU Koch, Roland CEO, Bilfinger Berger SE
    INT Kodmani, Bassma Member of the Executive Bureau and Head of Foreign Affairs, Syrian National Council
    USA Kravis, Henry R. Co-Chairman and Co-CEO, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
    USA Kravis, Marie-Josée Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute
    INT Kroes, Neelie Vice President, European Commission; Commissioner for Digital Agenda
    USA Krupp, Fred President, Environmental Defense Fund
    INT Lamy, Pascal Director-General, World Trade Organization
    ITA Letta, Enrico Deputy Leader, Democratic Party (PD)
    ISR Levite, Ariel E. Nonresident Senior Associate, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
    USA Li, Cheng Director of Research and Senior Fellow, John L. Thornton China Center, Brookings Institution
    USA Lipsky, John Distinguished Visiting Scholar, Johns Hopkins University
    USA Liveris, Andrew N. President, Chairman and CEO, The Dow Chemical Company
    DEU Löscher, Peter President and CEO, Siemens AG
    USA Lynn, William J. Chairman and CEO, DRS Technologies, Inc.
    GBR Mandelson, Peter Member, House of Lords; Chairman, Global Counsel
    USA Mathews, Jessica T. President, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
    DEN Mchangama, Jacob Director of Legal Affairs, Center for Political Studies (CEPOS)
    CAN McKenna, Frank Deputy Chair, TD Bank Group
    USA Mehlman, Kenneth B. Partner, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
    GBR Micklethwait, John Editor-in-Chief, The Economist
    FRA Montbrial, Thierry de President, French Institute for International Relations
    PRT Moreira da Silva, Jorge First Vice-President, Partido Social Democrata (PSD)
    USA Mundie, Craig J. Chief Research and Strategy Officer, Microsoft Corporation
    DEU Nass, Matthias Chief International Correspondent, Die Zeit
    NLD Netherlands, H.M. the Queen of the
    ESP Nin Génova, Juan María Deputy Chairman and CEO, Caixabank
    IRL Noonan, Michael Minister for Finance
    USA Noonan, Peggy Author, Columnist, The Wall Street Journal
    FIN Ollila, Jorma Chairman, Royal Dutch Shell, plc
    USA Orszag, Peter R. Vice Chairman, Citigroup
    GRC Papalexopoulos, Dimitri Managing Director, Titan Cement Co.
    NLD Pechtold, Alexander Parliamentary Leader, Democrats '66 (D66)
    USA Perle, Richard N. Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
    NLD Polman, Paul CEO, Unilever PLC
    CAN Prichard, J. Robert S. Chair, Torys LLP
    ISR Rabinovich, Itamar Global Distinguished Professor, New York University
    GBR Rachman, Gideon Chief Foreign Affairs Commentator, The Financial Times
    USA Rattner, Steven Chairman, Willett Advisors LLC
    CAN Redford, Alison M. Premier of Alberta
    CAN Reisman, Heather M. CEO, Indigo Books & Music Inc.
    DEU Reitzle, Wolfgang CEO & President, Linde AG
    USA Rogoff, Kenneth S. Professor of Economics, Harvard University
    USA Rose, Charlie Executive Editor and Anchor, Charlie Rose
    USA Ross, Dennis B. Counselor, Washington Institute for Near East Policy
    POL Rostowski, Jacek Minister of Finance
    USA Rubin, Robert E. Co-Chair, Council on Foreign Relations; Former Secretary of the Treasury
    NLD Rutte, Mark Prime Minister
    ESP Sáenz de Santamaría Antón, Soraya Vice President and Minister for the Presidency
    NLD Scheffer, Paul Professor of European Studies, Tilburg University
    USA Schmidt, Eric E. Executive Chairman, Google Inc.
    AUT Scholten, Rudolf Member of the Board of Executive Directors, Oesterreichische Kontrollbank AG
    FRA Senard, Jean-Dominique CEO, Michelin Group
    USA Shambaugh, David Director, China Policy Program, George Washington University
    INT Sheeran, Josette Vice Chairman, World Economic Forum
    FIN Siilasmaa, Risto Chairman of the Board of Directors, Nokia Corporation
    USA Speyer, Jerry I. Chairman and Co-CEO, Tishman Speyer
    CHE Supino, Pietro Chairman and Publisher, Tamedia AG
    IRL Sutherland, Peter D. Chairman, Goldman Sachs International
    USA Thiel, Peter A. President, Clarium Capital / Thiel Capital
    TUR Timuray, Serpil CEO, Vodafone Turkey
    DEU Trittin, Jürgen Parliamentary Leader, Alliance 90/The Greens
    GRC Tsoukalis, Loukas President, Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy
    FIN Urpilainen, Jutta Minister of Finance
    CHE Vasella, Daniel L. Chairman, Novartis AG
    INT Vimont, Pierre Executive Secretary General, European External Action Service
    GBR Voser, Peter CEO, Royal Dutch Shell plc
    SWE Wallenberg, Jacob Chairman, Investor AB
    USA Warsh, Kevin Distinguished Visiting Fellow, The Hoover Institution, Stanford University
    GBR Wolf, Martin H. Chief Economics Commentator, The Financial Times
    USA Wolfensohn, James D. Chairman and CEO, Wolfensohn and Company
    CAN Wright, Nigel S. Chief of Staff, Office of the Prime Minister
    USA Yergin, Daniel Chairman, IHS Cambridge Energy Research Associates
    INT Zoellick, Robert B. President, The World Bank Group

Rapporteurs
    GBR Bredow, Vendeline von Business Correspondent, The Economist
    GBR Wooldridge, Adrian D. Foreign Correspondent, The Economist

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I can't believe we didn't vote no.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

Why is this secretive meeting taking place every year, and why is there an almost complete media blackout surrounding it?
    So that influential people can discuss important issues plainly without the media quoting them out of context and making everything a political point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Yes I know there have been threads on this before.

But I ask you all to do this please - step away from the Doritos and the TV for just one second and think. Why is this secretive meeting taking place every year, and why is there an almost complete media blackout surrounding it?

Given that they've announced the meeting on their website and provided a list of participants, they're doing a very bad job at being "secretive".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Yeah, thought about it there for a minute............. can now confirm, I couldn't give a fúck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

BAN MEETINGS OF MORE THAN ONE PERSON! BAN THEM ALL!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

They made me touch my pee-pee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Given that they've announced the meeting on their website and provided a list of participants, they're doing a very bad job at being "secretive".

So a group meeting every year and not releasing anything at all about what they've discussed is "not secretive"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Haelium wrote: »
    So that influential people can discuss important issues plainly without the media
    Sorry, they were elected by the public to fulfil public roles. Super sikrit meetings to decide public policy isn't a privelege they have.

I'd love to bust into the place and record a few of the discussions. Tempting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It's obviously a cover up for the real meeting of the stonecutters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Darn!

(How do I get my name off that list!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Attabear

Ah, Doritos and tv, the staple diet of the "sheeple".

And condescension the number one pastime of the "truth" seeker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

"Right Lads, lets kick around a few ideas to increase our wealth, screw the public purse that bit harder, make sure we remain unassailable and decide which new laws we need introduced to keep the great unwashed in their place and our Tax dollars where they belong-in our pockets. Then we shall have a big fry-up. Noonan, you can come, but bring lube, some of us WILL be 4rse f-cking you and your lot in the near future-this invite is just so we can finger you a bit to loosen you up"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Someone has to keep the martians under wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Attabear

Someone had to make Steve Guttenberg a star.

Pottler wrote: »
    "Right Lads, lets kick around a few ideas to increase our wealth, screw the public purse that bit harder, make sure we remain unassailable and decide which new laws we need introduced to keep the great unwashed in their place and our Tax dollars where they belong-in our pockets. Then we shall have a big fry-up. Noonan, you can come, but bring lube, some of us WILL be 4rse f-cking you and your lot in the near future-this invite is just so we can finger you a bit to loosen you up"

Thats enough quoting FG and Labour.
    This thread is about the Bilderberg Group! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

We're the bondholders, what's the problem?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I see that among several Irish attendants this year, Michael Noonan, our current Finance Minister, is attending. Now, I would have no problem if he was attending in a personal capacity, as that wouldn't concern me at all. But that fact that he is attending as the "Finance Minister of Ireland" really pisses me off - surely if he's attending in this capacity then we, the electorate, have a right to know what he will be discussing?

Why? You are making the assumption that he is on official government business, which he's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The Bilderberg Group, Bilderberg conference, or Bilderberg Club is an annual, unofficial, invitation-only conference of around 130 guests, most of whom are people of influence in the fields of politics, banking, business, the military and media. Each conference is closed to the public and the press.

I really don't see how people can be so flippant of the whole thing, and claim that they don't care about what is being discussed at the conferences.. I doubt they're talking about anything menial or unimportant, or of little relevance to any of us mere citizens!

With Kissinger attending, I hope they aren't discussing the issue of how to best feed the world!

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/1995/2249_kissinger_food.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Olé, Olé Olé Olé! Tiz all grand, whaaaaay! Ah sure, this is it!

More jokes above and below that enforce why the Irish are in the dark.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Sorry, they were elected by the public to fulfil public roles. Super sikrit meetings to decide public policy isn't a privelege they have.

I'd love to bust into the place and record a few of the discussions. Tempting!

Sorry, where in the constitution does it say that elected officials can't go to private meetings?

Anyway, for the sake of argument let's say that it's an NWO thing. Overpopulation, race, eugenics and so forth need to be discussed but even hearing these words sets off alarm bells in people's heads, therefore super secret elite masonic Illuminati meetings are a necessary evil.

• Advertisement

Sorry, where in the constitution does it say that elected officials can't go to private meetings?
    Have you looked at the guest list? These people aren't being invited for their stunning good looks, scintillating personalities, and intellectual brilliance. You'd want to be wilfully blind to believe that they aren't there because of their position. If its being done without official sanction its even worse.
    Overpopulation, race, eugenics and so forth need to be discussed but even hearing these words sets off alarm bells in people's heads
    And with damn good reason. These topics aren't the subject of irrational popular mass hysteria, they've been responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of innocent people. Which is exactly why any such discussions need to be open to public scrutiny.

I wonder what the security is like for that meeting?
    Take that lot out and the world economy would definitely be in the crapper!

Biggins wrote: »
    I wonder how well the serving staff are paid myself. A strategically dropped phone in a corner and its wikileaks city. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Biggins wrote: »
    I wonder how well the serving staff are paid myself. A strategically dropped phone in a corner and its wikileaks city. :D

Yes. Because they are too stupid to have sensors or scramblers.

Just drop your Nokia in and we'll all know what's going on.......

Staff will be hand picked, well paid (I hope), vetted (many times) and checked/scanned just as many times I'm guessing.

summerskin wrote: »
    Yes. Because they are too stupid to have sensors or scramblers.
    Actually they probably are. After all these are important people, they can't be out of contact with their organisations/governments for any length of time. A phone would blend right into the noise in a way that advanced bugging systems wouldn't.

Never underestimate the weaknesses of convenience. ;) This thread is going to turn into ways to mission impossible the meetings. :D
    Biggins wrote:
    Staff will be hand picked, well paid (I hope), vetted (many times) and checked/scanned just as many times I'm guessing.
    People are always the weakest link. Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Benny_Cake wrote: »

It's because they are all demonic lizard people. It doesn't matter if we know their human names, as we will never learn there Lizard names.

If we did, it would give us dominion over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

the Trilateral Commission met in Dublin in May 2010 at the Four Seasons Hotel. Peter Sutherland and Henry Kissinger also attended this. Link

The Irish media were forbidden to discuss the fact that this meeting was even taking place. Pat Kenny wouldn't entertain any discussion on the issue when he was confronted on Frontline (black haired lady at 0:48)

Have you looked at the guest list? These people aren't being invited for their stunning good looks,
    ...ok?
    scintillating personalities, and intellectual brilliance. You'd want to be wilfully blind to believe that they aren't there because of their position. If its being done without official sanction its even worse.
    They have positions of power so they are invited to a meeting. What's the problem with that?

And with damn good reason. These topics aren't the subject of irrational popular mass hysteria, they've been responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of innocent people.
    Governments have killed tens of millions, should we ban discussion of government? Should we ban discussion of guns and bombs and strategy?

Just because somebody dies because of something, doesn't mean we should ban it.
    Which is exactly why any such discussions need to be open to public scrutiny.
    The public are idiots. People should be able to discuss things without repercussions from the masses.

• Advertisement

They have positions of power so they are invited to a meeting. What's the problem with that?
    They are invited to a meeting because they have positions of power. This power was granted to them by the public, in trust. That trust doesn't encompass secret meetings which will in turn affect said public. And if they weren't going to affect the public, they wouldn't have been invited, since its the public appointed power they are after.
    Governments have killed tens of millions, should we ban discussion of government? Should we ban discussion of guns and bombs and strategy?
    Discuss them all you like, just do so publicly if you're on the taxpayer's euro. I think you've gone a bit mad here.
    The public are idiots. People should be able to discuss things without repercussions from the masses.
    Ah the sneering contempt of the aspirant philosopher kings, certain that their own judgement is better than everyone else's, self anointed of course. Is it any wonder the world is the way it is.

They are invited to a meeting because they have positions of power. This power was granted to them by the public, in trust. That trust doesn't encompass secret meetings which will in turn affect said public. And if they weren't going to affect the public, they wouldn't have been invited, since its the public appointed power they are after.
    Ok, don't vote for him if you don't like it.
    Discuss them all you like, just do so publicly if you're on the taxpayer's euro. I think you've gone a bit mad here.
    He attends private meetings every day, what makes this one different?
    Ah the sneering contempt of the aspirant philosopher kings, certain that their own judgement is better than everyone else's, self anointed of course. Is it any wonder the world is the way it is.

When people refuse to think rationally about certain issues, their judgement on those matters is obviously poor. Eugenics and population control are not inherently bad things, just because Hitler had a crazy outlook on eugenics doesn't make all eugenicists evil.

Ok, don't vote for him if you don't like it.
    I didn't and wouldn't, the problem arises when elected representatives go and do their own thing, for example our current predicament for which FF was buried and the Greens destroyed, wiped out as a political force. That should give you an idea about how the much maligned public feels about such matters.
    He attends private meetings every day, what makes this one different?
    Not a one of those is immune to public scrutiny. I mean really, you weren't aware of that?
    When people refuse to think rationally about certain issues, their judgement on those matters is obviously poor. Eugenics and population control are not inherently bad things, just because Hitler had a crazy outlook on eugenics doesn't make all eugenicists evil.
    There's something wrong with you.

There's a reason that most people don't see that as being true. Mainly it's because there is rarely ever any public discourse on the subject and any potential positives that it has. It's a fact that people are more willing to engage with and open-mindedly consider ideas that are not kept under close guard, or not discussed with the public's perceptions in mind. The early days of climate change discussion is a good example of that, and the lack of engagement between scientists, business people, legislators and the public-at-large; early on, is responsible for a lot of the skepticism that is seen today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

If the meeting is so secretive, why was the guest list published?

Load of bollocks if you ask me. 99.9% of conspiracy theorists are either on the dole (thus having a little too much time on their hands), have some mental disorder or are on drugs.

Pedant wrote: »
    If the meeting is so secretive, why was the guest list published?

Load of bollocks if you ask me. 99.9% of conspiracy theorists are either on the dole (thus having a little too much time on their hands), have some mental disorder or are on drugs.

I bet you hadn't even heard of a Bilderberg meeting before now. If that's the quality of argument you're capable of then, you suck.. at arguing ;)

• Advertisement

I bet you hadn't even heard of a Bilderberg meeting before now. If that's the quality of argument you're capable of then, you suck.. at arguing ;)

You can't argue with conspiracy theorists; they're unreasonable, they love twisting arguments. They're just impossible people because of their impossiblenessness.

You can't argue with conspiracy theorists; they're unreasonable, they love twisting arguments. They're just impossible people because of their impossiblenessness.

The fact that a meeting is taking place isn't a conspiracy theory. If it was a meeting of Cardinals or Public Sector bosses, they could just as easilly keep the stuff they discuss under wraps. Those questioning or talking about it are far less likely to be labelled as conspiracy theorists though.

The fact that a meeting is taking place isn't a conspiracy theory. If it was a meeting of Cardinals or Public Sector bosses, they could just as easilly keep the stuff they discuss under wraps. Those questioning or talking about it are far less likely to be labelled as conspiracy theorists though.

Powerful global leaders meet all the time - it happens nearly every week at the UN. I don't see what's so special about Bilderberg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Have you looked at the guest list? These people aren't being invited for their stunning good looks,
    ...ok?
    scintillating personalities, and intellectual brilliance. You'd want to be wilfully blind to believe that they aren't there because of their position. If its being done without official sanction its even worse.

And with damn good reason. These topics aren't the subject of irrational popular mass hysteria, they've been responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of innocent people.

Just because somebody dies because of something, doesn't mean we should ban it.
    Which is exactly why any such discussions need to be open to public scrutiny.

Would you consider yourself a member of the public?

I'm struggling to understand why someone who is not a part of a clandestine group and has a limited knowledge of its inner workings would make them selves such a willing apologist for it. But then hey I'm just an idiotic member of the public sticking my meddling nose where it doesn't concern me. After all any group that meets in secret to set the agend for the entire world would only be doing so to avoid unwarranted media scrutiny and could oobviously only have the good of the people at heart.

Glazers Out!

Television can also be bad for people.

11buihd.jpg

I think some conspiracy theorists love to act condescending about the obvious as well as stupid stuff they made up; it's a hallmark of failure and insecurity.

• Advertisement

Powerful global leaders meet all the time - it happens nearly every week at the UN. I don't see what's so special about Bilderberg.

You can't really compare it in any way to the UN. As idiotic as the UN sometimes are, they at least divulge the issues discussed at any meetings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I think some conspiracy theorists love to act condescending about the obvious as well as stupid stuff they made up; it's a hallmark of failure and insecurity.

Others just get tired of them. :)

2vwv7sj.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Channel Zero

So that influential people can discuss important issues that effect them and their profits plainly without the media quoting them out of context and making everything a political point.

Fixed that statement above for you, so that it's more truthful and less naive.

Fcuk off RTDH! You and your sheep pictures are the reason that nobody gives this stuff the attention it deserves! :p

nullzero wrote: »
    Would you consider yourself a member of the public?

I'm struggling to understand why someone who is not a part of a clandestine group and has a limited knowledge of its inner workings would make them selves such a willing apologist for it. But then hey I'm just an idiotic member of the public sticking my meddling nose where it doesn't concern me. After all any group that meets in secret to set the agend for the entire world would only be doing so to avoid unwarranted media scrutiny and could oobviously only have the good of the people at heart.

It's not about apologetics, most of the members are probably psychopaths, but there's no justification for banning people from meeting up privately. I'm just sick of hearing people talk as if they have the right to dictate what powerful people should or shouldn't do with their power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Even if they're discussing ways of manipulating said public? The public are idiots if they believe everything that's fed to them, but you're saying, don't ask questions?

Fixed that statement above for you, so that it's more truthful and less naive.

Concerning themselves with profits? How dare they!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fcuk off RTDH! You and your sheep pictures are the reason that nobody gives this stuff the attention it deserves! :p

Best point in this thread.

I don't know if I'd buy the whole Conspiracy Theory thing, I think it shows a worrying deference to big business and globalism, but no doubt this went on long before they were buzz words.

Noonan probably just wants to drum up foreign investment, because he has no faith in us getting ourselves out of this mess! Which is rather ironic.

Foreign investment doesn't create the jobs and secondary industries that it used to.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Channel Zero

Concerning themselves with profits? How dare they!?

If it was just business leaders, most people wouldn't have a problem. It's the addition of political heads of state, ministers of finance, middle east specialists etc, that gives the thing a whole different dimension.

Noonan is clearly there because of his position. That is a betrayal of trust of that position imo, same with all the elected officials attending.

Public policy should not be discussed or influenced in this way, behind closed doors .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

"Once again betraying their sneering arrogance towards the American people and the first amendment, Bilderberg members attending their annual confab in Chantilly Virginia this past weekend referred to protesters outside as “cockroaches,” according to one of the hotel employees at the Westfields Marriott".

http://www.infowars.com/bilderberg-members-label-protesters-cockroaches/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-news-blog/2012/jun/04/bilderberg-2012-ken-s-drive-of-shame

• Advertisement
Advertisement