Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeilge Arbleibhéal help

• 01-06-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Dia duit, was just wondering for the léamhthuiscint ceisteanna where you have to say what literary genre the extract belongs to, what are you supposed to say to back up your points?

Also are you allowed to quote from the text?

Go raibh míle maith agaibh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

Dia duit, was just wondering for the léamhthuiscint ceisteanna where you have to say what literary genre the extract belongs to, what are you supposed to say to back up your points?

Also are you allowed to quote from the text?

Go raibh míle maith agaibh.

Yep, just don't write out big chunks from it. Point, quote and explain is what we were told at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Physics FTW

thanks, do you know about the genre?

thanks, do you know about the genre?

Not entirely sure what you're asking.... but ill have a shot at answering you anyway :P

Make sure you know names of literary genres:
    Stíl tuairisciúil- descriptive
    Léirmheastach- critical
    Stairiúil- historical
    Stíl inste- narrative
    Stíl irise- journalistic
    Beathaisnéiseach- biographical

You might start off an answer this:
    Is píosa stairiúil an píosa seo go ginearálta. Tá seo soléir ó na tagairtí do chúrsaí staire, ar nós...<quote>...

Is that what you were asking or...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Omg THANK YOU rosualt, I've been so confused for those questions! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Also:

dírbheathaisnéiseach - auto-biographical :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Physics FTW

Yes thank you, that was what I was referirng to, that is very helpful, any idea how to support your points?
    Like what aspects of the text I should refer to?

Yes thank you, that was what I was referirng to, that is very helpful, any idea how to support your points?
    Like what aspects of the text I should refer to?

Cheers :) it depends on the genre I suppose, I'd probably mention the author's use of facts and statistics in the extract shows they have done research if its a journalistic piece... But that might even being going into to much detail for a question that only worth one percent of your overall result!

Advertisement