Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Ger Canning the worst commentator?

• 01-06-2012 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I can't stand the guy. If I watch a GAA match on tv I turn down the sound and switch on the radio.
    Just watching the Eircom league game on rte now and at half time he announced the score Dundalk 1 Drogheda 0, then he said the sides were levels and only at the third attempt did he give the correct score that Drogheda were 1 up.
    Is he the worst commentator?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Is Brian kerr the co commentator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

event wrote: »
    Is Brian kerr the co commentator?

He is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Marty Morrissey is surely the worst commentator? Ryle Nugent is another contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The name Ger irritates me hugely for some illogical reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Ger Canning AND Peter Collins on the show tonight. Together, they know less about the LOI than a Tibetan goat-herder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Deedsie wrote: »
    Marty Morrissey is surely the worst commentator? .

He's certainly the best to watch if you want nightmares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I can't stand the guy. If I watch a GAA match on tv I turn down the sound and switch on the radio.
    Just watching the Eircom league game on rte now and at half time he announced the score Dundalk 1 Drogheda 0, then he said the sides were levels and only at the third attempt did he give the correct score that Drogheda were 1 up.
    Is he the worst commentator?

Butthenyouhavethepersontalkingwaytooquickly withhisvoiceslowlygettinglouderasthesentencegoes on andyouhavenorealcluewhatsgoingon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Anagrams for Ger Canning/Brian Kerr include;

- Barrack Ginger Rennin
    - Barrack Ni**er Rennin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

GAA forum??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Why does he always say latitude?Annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

"Drogheda draw level " when they go 2 1 up and some german called heinz up front for drogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

alkev wrote: »
    "Drogheda draw level " when they go 2 1 up and some german called heinz up front for drogs

Thought that was hilarious when he said they drew level. Foleeeeeey nearly scored there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He was clearly calling the home team Dundork. Weird accent on that man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The name Ger irritates me hugely for some illogical reason

Get being totally irrational now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Can hold a fine mic, though n coax a few tunes ouh of somewan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I don't mind watching the odd GAA game but the way they market it puts me off hugely. Even tv3 made a half-arsed GAA ad with "pride" and "parish" in it. It's like the GAA marketers are hell bent on making excuses for the fact that they don't pay their athletes. I don't really care about that issue but it's stuck in my face by their horrible marketing.

And yeah Ger Canning is rubbish, he reminds me of the guy in the pub that is happy enough that he strings a sentence together without really saying anything. I hope George Hamilton is on commentary duty for every single Irish game in the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

As long as jimmy Magee doesn't get any Irish games. When ever he does we lose.

There is something about Hamilton commentating, that rises the excitement of the game. It could be the nostalgia of Italia 90 that does it, but when he commentates you know it's important.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 mintoffdom

Yes to the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭pipelaser

Hes got this fake triumphalism in his voice, that seems to escalate more and more until All Ireland Final day, (In the knowledge that he has a much bigger International audience) when he gets even worse.
    Has anyone ever noticed that he becomes even more pretentious, and has made up new little quips and descriptions of players such as calling Ciaran McDonald Mayo's "Spiritual Leader"??

Daragh Maloney is great, proper enthusiasm.
    Canning is the next best despite his shi*ness,
    Marty Morrissey limping in behind him,
    Jimmy Magee should be shot, and not let near Soccer and Gaelic football.
    Last of all the TV3 shower, a shower of shi*ness.

George shows real interest and wears his heart on his sleeve.

I gotta say, an Irish Rugby International without Ryle Nugent isn't the same, hes just brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

This is more suited to one of the football forums. Or possibly television? Not here, anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement