Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CVC Query

Options
  • 01-06-2012 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I just had a quick query about the CVC code most websites ask you for when doing online transactions.

I made a mistake today while putting money onto my online gambling account but the money went through anyway. I put the wrong code in. It was with a laser card.

It got me wondering what the point of this code was if it can still be used with the incorrect code. Is this a common thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Which site was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Monkey Business

3DataModem wrote: »
    Which site was it?

Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Laser's handing of security codes is a bit crap, some didn't even have them, which is why their system probably ignored it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd imagine the new Visa debit will be stricter on this. I think Lasers days are numbered now that BOI are switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes - all Visa Debit and Debit Mastercards have them

• Advertisement
Advertisement