Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another cars tax disc

• 01-06-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

I was caught by guards today.I was driving car with an expired tax disc but i put another cars disc on it to cover me and also had no insurence on the car. I do have an insurence which covers me to drive all cars but the vehicle which im driving must be insured by some one else but in my case it wasnt insured at all by some one else.
    Guards seized the car and asked me to tel the owner to produce the ownership and take the car after paying the fine.
    About the insurence he asked me to produce in the garda station , and for the tax disc he told me that you wil be somend to the court if the guard is satisfied with the insurence then there wil be only tax else will be both.
    In worst case if its both what will be the outcome.
    Anybody outthere went through it ,, will i be fined, jailed for the offence.
    Im consernd can anyone adviceme.

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Get a solicitor. Legal advice isn't given out on this forum.

You have no tax, and no insurance, and worse again, you committed tax fraud by having a different disc. You're facing a lengthly ban, hefty fine, and possibly jail time, and extremely expensive Insurance if you ever decide to go back on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Lucky you weren't arrested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

i doubt you'll see jail about it..........just lots of fines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I'd have arrested you!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Owen wrote: »
    Get a solicitor. Legal advice isn't given out on this forum.

You have no tax, and no insurance, and worse again, you committed tax fraud by having a different disc.

Swapping the discs will get you into more trouble than if you'd not displayed anything.
    Owen wrote: »
    You're facing a lengthly ban, hefty fine, and possibly jail time, and extremely expensive Insurance if you ever decide to go back on the road.

Unless the OP has done something else before I doubt there'll be jail time. The rest 100% correct.

• Advertisement
Advertisement