Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facepalm moments

• 01-06-2012 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭

I was stalking someone on boards and followed them into the TGC thread on whether guys like to be asked out. A decent number of posters claimed not to know whether they were being asked out on a date unless the girl/guy came right out and said it was a date. It made me think- have any of you had any proper facepalm moments at your reactions or lack thereof after being asked out or propositioned?

Mine: This guy I kind of liked and I went out for drinks with friends. Being that he was 19 to my 24, I automatically friend zoned him. Long story short, we had a fun night and he asked if he could come back to my house as the night was winding down because he couldn't go home (he had a curfew). I had two beds in my room so I said okay. When we got home, I showed him his bed and got ready for bed. A few minutes after we were all tucked in, he says, 'My bed is too big.' I got confused because I had given him the guest bed which was waaay smaller than mine so I chalked it down to his limited English (he is German) and told him we could switch if he wanted. Silence. Then he said, 'never mind.'

The next morning as we were having breakfast, I asked him if he had slept well and he looked at me like I was crazy. I figured it out a few days later.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

This post made me facepalm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

What an ungrateful b*stard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

He had a curfew - facepalm moment right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I was stalking someone
    *facepalm*
    on boards
    *facepalm*

I'd say he destroyed the sheets in your spare room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

rarnes1 wrote: »

I dont even know how to take that made me laugh though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I was eating fruit one day and my friend asked me was I eating an orange. It was a tangerine and he thought it was an orange, a bloody orange Hahahaha. He was mortified I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Same room. I had two beds in my room. Maybe he did, I was out for the count a few minutes after our little exchange. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I was stalking someone on boards and followed them into the TGC thread on whether guys like to be asked out. A decent number of posters claimed not to know whether they were being asked out on a date unless the girl/guy came right out and said it was a date. It made me think- have any of you had any proper facepalm moments at your reactions or lack thereof after being asked out or propositioned?

Mine: This guy I kind of liked and I went out for drinks with friends. Being that he was 19 to my 24, I automatically friend zoned him. Long story short, we had a fun night and he asked if he could come back to my house as the night was winding down because he couldn't go home (he had a curfew). I had two beds in my room so I said okay. When we got home, I showed him his bed and got ready for bed. A few minutes after we were all tucked in, he says, 'My bed is too big.' I got confused because I had given him the guest bed which was waaay smaller than mine so I chalked it down to his limited English (he is German) and told him we could switch if he wanted. Silence. Then he said, 'never mind.'

The next morning as we were having breakfast, I asked him if he had slept well and he looked at me like I was crazy. I figured it out a few days later.

You're not a real person. Mike Myers could not write a character like this.

You're a stalker. You don't understand sexual advances. You claim to be in your 20s.

Fcuk. You're my ex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

That time Ireland voted "YES" on the Austerity referendum!

*facepalm*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Somebody said to me that if my hand is bigger than my face, I have cancer. So I put my hand up to my face....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Someone once told me that if I said 'orange' very, very slowly then it would sound like 'gullible'. I proceeded to try this not once, but twice. No one else has ever fallen for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

twink on the late late, Cringe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

slaneylad wrote: »
    twink on the late late, Cringe!!

Watching the Late Late - double cringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

OP, your post is more of a 3rd party face palm moment.

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/forum/resources/third-party-facepalm/4420

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

It's the way ya tell 'em!

Bad Panda wrote: »

Yup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

Watching the Late Late - double cringe

Well played

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Yup!

:confused::confused:

:confused::confused:

Wait................. *Oh dear, Ive become a victim of the dang 3rd party face palm....* *Im going to spend the rest of my life with the eternal bow-bows...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Facepalm moments

No, not really.......oh wait.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Come on, own up. Who has sexted?

There ya go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

There should be a storytelling section of AH.

This wasn't a topic for a thread, just an excuse for the OP to spout on about some fella who was looking to feed the donkey. :P

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I had a **** just now in bed, it could have blinded me for life.

*facepalm moment*

Phew!

Samich wrote: »
    There should be a storytelling section of AH.

This wasn't a topic for a thread, just an excuse for the OP to spout on about some fella who was looking to feed the donkey. :P

Haha. True story. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

I voss studying in Irlant last jahr und I met ziss elter Irisch girl mit der nice boobs in ze bar and ve haff ze fun time chat. Zen I say "Ach nein, I haff ze kerfew in die hause, kann I come home mit you." Und she beleefs me ze pixie head! "Ha ha" I sink, "Ich bin in mit diese chick". Ve arrife at ze apartment und I am opening ze trausers ven she shows me into zis pixie room mit ze pixie small bett for die sleeping. "Ach nein, fokk" I sink. I say "dis bett is too big" even though die fusse are siikking out ze end off it. Ze stupid girrl sinks ze bett is too big. Ach nein gott in himmel. I do ze facepalm and she still n o untershtant.

So say, ziss girrl too stupit to stab and cut into sousand peeses lik mein original plann unt I go home in ze morning...

I voss studying in Irlant last jahr und I met ziss elter Irisch girl mit der nice boobs in ze bar and ve haff ze fun time chat. Zen I say "Ach nein, I haff ze kerfew in die hause, kann I come home mit you." Und she beleefs me ze pixie head! "Ha ha" I sink, "Ich bin in mit diese chick". Ve arrife at ze apartment und I am opening ze trausers ven she shows me into zis pixie room mit ze pixie small bett for die sleeping. "Ach nein, fokk" I sink. I say "dis bett is too big" even though die fusse are siikking out ze end off it. Ze stupid girrl sinks ze bett is too big. Ach nein gott in himmel. I do ze facepalm and she still n o untershtant.

So say, ziss girrl too stupit to stab and cut into sousand peeses lik mein original plann unt I go home in ze morning...

I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself. :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Ironic OP is ironic. :cool::pac:

Advertisement