Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help re Saddle Fitter

Options
  • 01-06-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi all, am finding it very frustrating trying to find a saddle to fit my mare, have bought 2 saddles so far & both way too high on her withers ( she is quite low ) Do Anyone know of a saddle fitter that stocks second hand that could come up to the stables ( Enniskerry ) to fit her for one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I don't know of any that will come to fit the saddle on your horse - someone else may be able to advise you of some - but a lot of places will fit the saddle if you bring your horse to the store, two examples being Berneys in Kilcullen (and I assume Enniscorthy) and Holmestead (don't know if the latter still does since it closed and re-opened). If you can't find anyone to come to your place to fit the saddle, I'd definitely recommend you take the time to bring the horse to the saddler to be fitted correctly. I know you don't have a box yet, but definitely something to think about when you're in a position to do it.

In the meantime, if you take a quick look on the 'net there are lots of articles and videos out there which give you tips on what to look out for when fitting a saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kya

Goodwins in Mulhuddart offer a nationwide saddle fitting service. I used them recently and the fitter that came out tried 8/9 saddles on my guy. She narrowed it down to four and I tried each one on the flat and over fences(I was buying a jump saddle). I discounted one as I didn't like it and she discounted another as the fit wasn't right. I was able to switch between the two saddles that were left until I was sure which one I wanted.

They do charge for a saddle fitting but if you buy from they offer a follow up service about 6 weeks later to make sure the saddle still fits and will make any necessary adjustments. The fitter did have some second hand saddles with her so I assume they deal in new and second hand saddles.Their contact details are on the website, I gave them a call and everything was quickly arranged. PM me if you wany any more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TinaOT

Hi did you ever track down a saddler? In a similar position so if you had any luck finding one details much appreciated Thanks

Advertisement