Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Ashbourne

Options
  • 01-06-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi all
    was just wondering i heard about a hardcore/old school gym in ashbourne where they do proper training anyone a member or know where it is ????

thanks in advance
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Royal82

Was up in that gym a couple times, equipment is old, one or two machines are decent, no showers, tap wasnt even working to get a drink when I was there. Most of the equipment was bought from older gyms, and is not is the best of nick. Its cheap but he has already started increasing the prices, promising better epuipment. First time I was in the boxing ring, one of the ropes snapped when I was leaning against it, and Im not the biggest of lads!! I would give it a wide birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tantrum.b

I know the Gym, Real Fitness it's called. My boyfriend uses it and loves it (he'd be the first to complain about anything so it must be really good).

It's only open a couple of months but i do know theres another one nearby thats meant to be a kip.

here's their Facebook page, check out their pics etc
    http://www.facebook.com/realfittness
    hope i was some help, good luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamiec4036

I have been a member since the gym first opened. I was one of the first members and I only have good things to say about the place.

The gym is run by people who actually train and have knowledge about gyms and different methods of training. Its not fat business men wearing suits sitting behind a counter.

The equiptment is proper hardcore. It has everything that someone trying to build muscle could want. The gym has improved week after week as new equiptment and new members join. The atmosphere is great and is really enjoyable to train in.

The prices are very reasonable and contrary to a previous post, the prices are fixed and have been the same from the very start.

There are two changing rooms a male and female. The female one is upstairs and is yet to be finished but in the male changing room there are 3 showers. The water DOES work and ive never had a problem in all the time ive been there.

The ring is less than a year old and ropes have never snapped. I asked one of the guys today and they laughed at the comment.

So if it is Real Fitness Ashbourne you're talking about then i would strongly recomend it. They have a facebook page where you could ask any questions you may have. The owners are down to earth and i'm sure when you talk to them they will encourage you to take a look around and see the gym for yourself. I love it there, it's like a second home for me at the moment. haha

- Jamie C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭The Davestator

^^ :rolleyes: ;)

Advertisement