Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NYC- Republicans trying to outlaw anonymous comments on the internet

• 01-06-2012 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭

Illdoctrine ftw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Maybe they should just close the Internet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Maybe they should just close the Internet...
    Internet=free, almost uncontrollable speech=bad thing. I'd imagine that's the view there. Unless you mention Travvelers, ahem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

An anonymous comment could remain if the author “agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate.”

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-republicans-propose-unconstitutional-ban-anonymous-online-comments-203305247.html

By that, do they mean that personal details are available only to the site owners? If so then I wouldn't necessarily have much of an issue with it. I mean they already have as much personal details as they need in order for you to be identified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

In the not too distant future babies will be issued with ip addresses instead of pps numbers.

Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-republicans-propose-unconstitutional-ban-anonymous-online-comments-203305247.html

By that, do they mean that personal details are available only to the site owners? If so then I wouldn't necessarily have much of an issue with it. I mean they already have as much personal details as they need in order for you to be identified.
    Impossible to implement security wise. The vast vast majority of smaller sites would have to disable commenting and forums completely for fear of exposure to lawsuits WHEN (not if) the personal info they hold fell into the wrong hands. You'd see attacks left right and centre on pretty much any site holding that kind of info, there's a lot a professional can do with just a name and address and lists of same go for decent amounts of money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Where To wrote: »
    In the not too distant future babies will be issued with ip addresses instead of pps numbers.

Problem solved.

With the baby boom in Ireland, I don't think even IP v6 would have enough to go around...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Can I have my 4mins and 22secs back please, that was muck

21/25

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

You will be barred here on websites and comments if you are too succinct ....They don't mind a rant but you can upset the wrong people by being very clear and precise .I am barred from two sites one here and the other in the u.s .Advertisers and other interests will let you go only ......so far .

Advertisement