Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc sabb with simon xt panel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

KoolKid wrote: »
    All it needs to work is permanent power (12vdc) and negative trigger for the bell & strobe. Why wouldn't it work?
    Don't forget a common negative between the panel and power supply. Also save the grief and order a 6 volt sabb.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

thanks for the confirmation Stephen. I agree the 6volt SAB is the ideal & easiest solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Do when you arm the panel the stobe keeps flashing until unset? Do the LEDs not flash side to side? Glad you have it working

Do when you arm the panel the stobe keeps flashing until unset? Do the LEDs not flash side to side? Glad you have it working

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Stephen868 wrote: »
    save the grief and order a 6 volt sabb.

That is for sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 marconi6

Hi All

Just an update. Have sabb up and running and all good so far.
    I know a 6v sab was the obvious solution but like I said in original post it was proving hard to source one, also again the hkc box is a clone of the phonewatch box which meant I kept the pw logo by just swapping covers!
    I now have a working external bell albeit with some compromise for a fraction of the cost eircom would have charged.

Thanks all for your input as it was very much appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And thanks for coming back to us on it. Nice to get the confirmation of something that works.;)

But it has no tamper ... Therefore it can be tampered with and the alarm rendered useless .. If he hasn't the digi setup

Once a SAB is powered it will activate if opened.

And the sounder can be easily be snipped in 3 sec ...... Know one would notice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's very easy to disable a tampered bell box. Any installer worth their salt knows this.

And the sounder can be easily be snipped in 3 sec ...... Know one would notice

And at that stage the bell is compromised either way, whether tampered or not.

If its tampered then the internal bells would activate and the panel could dial out ...

And it will do if someone breaks in after they disconnected the bell.
    The OP is sorted, He wasn't looking for a system to EN50131 grade 2 , he was looking for a working solution & HKC verified what works,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement