Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body protector

Options
  • 01-06-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi , so I've started riding lessons ( im an adult who did quite a few as a young child but never kept it up ) have done about 10 in last few weeks. My last lesson though I was thrown from the horse in the arena twice and second one was quite a hard fall. I didn't have a body protector on as the school didn't have any but I do have my own skull cap. Although I got back up both times I feel I'd be more confident next time if I bought my own body protector so I'm looking for recommendations please. Obviously I know I can't scrimp on safety but I can't break the bank either so any help would be very much appreciated ! Thanks !

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Go for the highest level of protection you can afford (if you really want to break the bank there are the "airbag" ones ,but they are a bit OTT for ordinary riding,I think)For riding club you need a level 3 (purple) at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sparky85

Got the racesafe 2010 in Tri equestrian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

I saw these @ Tattersalls at the weekend, defo worth the spend for when you are jumping Cross Country @ speed:)
    Go for the highest level of protection you can afford (if you really want to break the bank there are the "airbag" ones ,but they are a bit OTT for ordinary riding,I think)For riding club you need a level 3 (purple) at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I bought a level 3 purple off ebay for 50e it's an adult protector. The same one in my local co -op was 150e.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sparky85

I would have bought online but I've never had one before and so had nothing to compare sizes with. I felt I should get fitted properly for one, the racesafe cost a fair bit but it will last if I look after and not just feic it into the boot of the car all the time between lessons etc , so not a bad investment imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement