Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kemen Sporter - (Split off from For Sale thread.)

Options
  • 23-05-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I think Ian Jameson in Cavan is a Kemen dealer also Loughmourne in Monaghan deals in Kemen. Some of them should be able to get there hands on one for you. They are a beautiful gun to shoot and preferred by alot of our top sporting shots. The only problem with them is that they should be supplied with their own Gunsmith. The perazzi mx8 or MX2000s are very similar guns (close to) but not as nice handling all the same.
    Reliability V Handling ????
    Thanks
    Raymo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

raymo19 wrote: »
    I think Ian Jameson in Cavan is a Kemen dealer also Loughmourne in Monaghan deals in Kemen. Some of them should be able to get there hands on one for you. They are a beautiful gun to shoot and preferred by alot of our top sporting shots. The only problem with them is that they should be supplied with their own Gunsmith. The perazzi mx8 or MX2000s are very similar guns (close to) but not as nice handling all the same.
    Reliability V Handling ????
    Thanks
    Raymo.

Im actually looking for a trap one myself,
    Ian doesnt have any but im sure he knows where there are a few.
    I rang lough mourne myself and they never rang back was told ill ring you back in 20 mins but no call so i presume he hasnt any either.
    What do you mean by their own gunsmith? all ive ever seen wrong with them was the v springs braking and it isnt a big job to put them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭raymo19

The older models are notorious for splitting their stocks, the ejectors are very easilly broken and quite costly to replace. €200 yoyo's each I have heard. The V springs and firing pins you have already mentioned. They are the gun I have seen malfunction the most on the sporting circuit and thats against guns that cost a hell of alot less. They have lost a lot of market share in the UK for these very relevant reasons. One gundealer described them as a incredibly soft gun. All that said I think they are one sweet shooting sporter and would love to own one. Enter the Gunsmith.

Thanks
    Raymo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

if you look after it properly you'll have no problem.. v springs and firing pins can go in gun so you cant really say its kemens fault!

How do you care for the poor design that causes the stock to split ?. How can you care for the ejectors breaking ?.

Regards
    Raymo

the stock doesnt split for no reason and its not down to the action design!!what is the design flaw in your opinion?? was the stock tight or fitted right?? as for ejectors breaking you cant expect them to last forever but you can prolong the fatigue by keeping everything clean. put a few 10's of thousand's of shells down any gun and im sure threre'll be flaws

• Advertisement

I dont want to get into KM4 Shotgun bashing as I do respect all their other qualities pointability, handling, Quality patterns etc etc and would love to own one. My point is I can name three individuals that have had stock splitting problems, I can name 2 that have had their hearts broken replacing ejectors also one young man recently has had his gun give up 4 or 5 times this year in competition with firing pin problems. There is also other media out there very same problems. I have a miroku sporter and have circa 60k through it. It has never missed a beat and I dont expect it to either. I just clean the barrells no need to service anything. Sorry Wex for hijacking your thread. I wont say anymore.

Raymo.

your gonna have that when you start replacin parts on hand made guns. i had the firin pin problem but simpley changed them and replaced them with perazzi pins after some filing... i cant say anything on the stocks but i know of 5 trap lads using them without any problems..

There are alot of top shooters shooting kemen shotguns so i'm probably a little harsh on them. As I said earlier they are one sweet handling shotgun and I would love to own one. The proof is in the shooting the the end of the day.

Regards
    raymo.

Advertisement