Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So what would you do?

• 01-06-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Last weekend, was at the beach with my two Kiddo’s as we do most weekends. We arrived early as it was going to be an extremely hot day. In the last hour of our visit, this man, about 38 and his missus who was about same age, who was extremely attractive arrived with a 6 year old kid. From the onset, it was obvious that the lady was not the child’s mother, she was Latino and very dark skinned. The bloke and his Daughter were a white as my Irish skin.

They sat down and immediately as any kid would asked her Dad to bring her to the water. The lady, jumped up out of her chair, and screamed at the child to sit down and stop being so selfish, that the “evil” little bitch was in time out. I was like WTF? The kid then said, Dad, I want go to home to my mommy, this further incensed the lady and she started to scream in the child’s face, calling her a nasty evil little brat. At this point, I’m in disbelief with this Lady’s behavior, I was hoping one of the ladies on the beach was going to knock her out.

The next thing she says to the guy was, ‘that’s why I’m leaving your ass’, I’m always the bad guy who disciplines. There was nothing to discipline against only a child looking for her father to bring her swimming. The child then starts to play with the Sand, and the lady flipped again, pick up the “time out chair” turned the kid around and slammed the chair into the sand. It was simply disgusting and I was ready to drown the bitch. At this point no one was saying anything to her and the father did not say a word at all, I was astounded as a father of two myself.

So the lady, getting more pissed at the crying child, says to her fella, that’s that, were going into the water and were going to leave this little evil bitch to sit here in time out. So off they both went, her smooching this man, while they leave the sobbing child on the beach. I estimate the child was about 6 years old and my heart went out to her. The two of them stayed in the water for 20 minutes. I’m fooking fuming at this point and I simply could not believe that someone could be that way with a child, let alone the father allow it. I was in complete shock.

I called my Kids out of the water and told them to go talk and play with the crying child and I went and talked to her also. She calmed down and father seen me my kids talking with her and proceeded to come towards the shore. As he came out of the water, I approached him and said, excuse me sir, with all due respect, which right now I have none for you, the treatment of your Daughter is absolutely disgusting. He softly apologizes to me, and I’m again in disbelief. I said, what are you apologizing to me for? It’s your Daughter who you should be apologizing to, not me. I said, she is a little human being, and that piece of Ass out in the water will never replace your daughter and how you can allow her to talk to her in the way that she is, is again disgusting. I’m fired up at this stage as the guy is so passive and withdrawn he can’t look me in the eye. I said to him, if anyone spoke to my Kids in the way she did, I would bury them, and when she threating you that she was leaving you, I said, mate, that would be the best thing that could ever happen for your Daughter, as she is going to grow up so messed up because of that evil piece of ass out in the water, you need to decided what is more important to you, that nasty bitch or your daughter. I then said the best thing you can do is head back out to the water and push that bitch on the water float out to sea and hope she ends up in Mexico for your daughters sake. I then keeled down to the little girl and told her how awesome she is and that she is not evil that she was a wonderful child and a brilliant human being and that woman out on the float was the evil one and she was the baby and not her. The smile she gave me was one of brilliance, she really appreciate someone sticking up for her and said thank you.

I don’t normally get into other people’s business. Having two children myself, my heart when out to this child as she was obviously a problem for your man’s bitch of a girlfriend and she let it be known to everyone. I felt the child had no voice and if the father was not going to stand up for her, well I could not sit there and allow this to happen without saying anything.

So what would have you guys have done, or have you been in a situation where you put yourself in a situation where you stood up for someone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

it would take me two days to type that, even with both paws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Lol, Kiddo’s™

TLDR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I can understand why you were angry. What happened next?

that piece of Ass out in the water
    ...that evil piece of ass out in the water
    ...push that bitch on the water float out to sea and hope she ends up in Mexico
    ...that woman out on the float was the evil one and she was the baby and not her.

Fair play for saying something, but I don't think you handled it as best you could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I wouldn't have been happy to see it as even reading it turned my stomach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I would have called the cops when the left her alone on the beach, get CPS involved.

I would bet the farm on it the the bio mother hasn't a clue what way her child is being treated by this "woman"( I use the term loosely) while the childs father has visitation.

To leave a very young child unattended like that while they went of canoodling(regardless of the abuse)is unforgivable.

That's what I would have done OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I like cake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

mfceiling wrote: »
    I like cake

actually me too as of late, so much so i have replaced all other meals with cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

What would I have done? I'd have written the summarised version - a brief synopsis detailing the main points, in a more reader friendly manner:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Not sure if it'll do any good in the long run but good on you for saying something OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I'd have been livid seeing something like that. I'd have gone over to the woman and confronted her. With the awareness that the child is defenceless and is enduring a form of abuse Id have approached the women and asked what is her problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

drdc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

What would I do? I'd write a shorter story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Fair play OP I probably would have done something along those lines as well. I cannot abide the mistreatment of kids it is one of the few things that make me snap.

Must be a Crumlin thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I was out the other day and I saw a man feeding a live kitten to a snake. I went over to the kitten when the man and the snake were not looking and petted the kitten. I heard somwhere that animals taste better when they are not stressed.

Advertisement