Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig too big?

Options
  • 01-06-2012 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

My sig too big? Seriously?

I've seen mods with way bigger sigs than mine. It was only about this high

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It was 175 pixels x 146 pixels, which made it too tall (limit is 500 pixels wide x 125 pixels high), and the image size was 47kb (limit is 30kb) so the file size was too big. Generally if a sig is only a little over it will be left, but yours was beyond what would normally be let slide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I don't get it though. Your sig is bigger than mine was?

The pic mightn't be bigger but I'm nearly sure your whole sig is bigger than my pic.

Yes, the pic in my sig is bigger, but the dimensions are 300 x 110 and the file size is 9kb, so it's within the limits.

Zaph wrote: »
    Yes, the pic in my sig is bigger, but the dimensions are 300 x 110 and the file size is 9kb, so it's within the limits.

I'm on about your total sig. It takes up more space than mine. And how come the image size makes a difference? :)

You're allowed a line of text with an image, which is what mine has. The rules are here if you want to examine them more closely so you can ensure your sig adheres to them.

The image size is to ensure that people don't go mad with ridiculous image sizes in their sigs. While yours was bigger than permitted it was still modest enough. Some people really go mad and have stupidly big files attached to their sigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Try this instead: sig_11.jpg

Thank you Mr Gordon, I looked quite ignorant in my posts above, didn't mean to be :( Sorry :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement