Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW ALBUMS (released within last month/30 days) Worth a Listen

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Have to admit, I rushed to judgement there. Now that I've had more time with it I'm really starting to like it. That said, it's still below most of their previous albums, but that's a very high standard

I do miss the batshit crazy National of Abel/Mr November but I think those days have gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭mosstin

It's quite lovely in parts and probably their first album that I've enjoyed in years. The opening song is stunning and there are enough good tracks dotted in there to sustain my interest. They've just become a different band and that sound they're producing fits better with the arenas they're playing. Saw them in The Olympia years ago when they came out to 'Skinny Love' by Bon Iver. That was a brilliant night. I have no interest in seeing them at the 3 Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭mosstin

Absolutely love this. Like a bolt from the blue. From Manchester with love.

Mandy, Indiana

New Sigur Rós album, Átta, out at midnight tonight 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭divide_by_zero

The new album from Art School Girlfriend - Soft Landing is excellent. Even better than her first and that was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Slowdive - Everything Is Alive. Their most hypnotic yet, especially side 2.

Iraina Mancini - Undo The Blue. DJ turned artist killer debut

as Right Chord say “Seemingly always a singer, Iraina has built her sound and her songs via a growing collection of collaborators including Jagz Kooner (Sabres Of Paradise), Sunglasses For Jaws (Miles Kane) Simon Dine (Paul Weller, Noonday Underground) Kitty Liv (Kitty Daisy & Lewis). Now with the arrival of her debut album, we’re seeing a joyous collision between her historic influences and her own evolving sonic palette.”

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

The National - Laugh Track - latest release this morning. Definitely a louder/grungier vibe from the closing track - Smoke Detector. Solid album and the second within a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Problem Patterns debut, Blouse Club, came out today. As a straight guy in his 40s I'm definitely not the target audience for a feminist queer punk band from Belfast but it's great fun. I'm not sure if I'll be going back to it much in a month's time, it's possibly a little simplistic, but it's undoubtedly a visceral thrill of a listen, worth giving a spin. I'd imagine they'd be great craic live, too

Quiet in here 😋

Sprints - Letter to Self

I've loved everything I've heard from Sprints so far, so I had high expectations and luckily this lived up to them. Lyrically it manages to be simple and feel deep, with lines been repeated and repeated until the frenzy snaps, all while the music drives everything along equally frantically. It's rough and raw and polished and poppy at the same time. It's not massively original, but it's a very very good debut from a band who seem to know exactly who they want to be. Can't wait to see them in the Button Factory in May

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thank you and thank you again, loving this I had liked the literary song and forgotten to follow for updates, lovely tight album, no faff..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

Ty Segall can be a bit hit and miss, but the new album, Three Bells, is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Really good. Seeing him this year for the first time, a couple of times this year actually.

Advertisement