Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bono

• 02-06-2012 12:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭

As an Irish man, do you respect him?

Have just seen him on the late late, going to a serious length to try and hide his middle spread big belly. Not to mention those silly glasses.

He bangs on about too much **** for me to like him much

What you think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

Can Irish women reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the shortarsed tosser doesnt pay tax so NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Seeeing that you are from Clare, I suppose you'd prefere Davy Fitz:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I prefer The Edge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

He didn't get to where he is by being a wallflower or a shrinking violet.

I respect the man musically. I am quite angry with him and the other rich Irish people who try their best to not to pay tax here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Na. These people like Bono profess to do good by those less fortunate. Habe him go and sell his Facebook shares and feed half the starving people in the world.

Then we'll see the true value of his worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I think we should be proud of him to be honest.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

He lectures world leaders about starving Africans and the need for more financial aid while dodging paying his own taxes in full.
    He's a silly twat. I just don't understand why anyone actually pays attention to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

I have always liked him. I like him now. I think I will always like him.

I like his band (U2) and I like their music a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

My sister is good friends with his wife, went to school together and remained friends. She says he's very nice, a little bit pompous at times, but very nice. His wife is lovely apparently, very down to earth etc. Personally, I feckin hate him, but that might be tinged with jealousy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

This won't end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

I fart in his general direction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

I coudn't focus on his interview to be honest, i was looking at his massive efforts to try and hide his fat belly

coz he has a huge fat belly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

This thread remind me of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I prefer The Edge
    I prefer Sonny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Anyone growing up pre 1985 in Dublin, will realise the impact U2 had - don't like their later music, but their support and following at Glastonbury last year was mind blowing - so yeah I admire him, always think there is that irish thing of jealousy towards him

also noticed his breathing was really laboured - not v healthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

nummnutts wrote: »
    This won't end well.

Ah it will. We'll join hands and sing Kumbayah

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

He wears rose tinted glasses.......... need I say more

thebaz wrote: »
    Anyone growing up pre 1985 in Dublin, will realise the impact U2 had - don't like their later music, but their support and following at Glastonbury last year was mind blowing - so yeah I admire him, always think there is that irish thing of jealousy towards him

*sobs into joshua tree jocks*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

I think South Park made the point that he was born **** and will always be **** hahhaha thing tat gets me is that he's running around helping get millions and millions for Africa when he's own country needs the money more !!!!!! Then again I've never listened to any of his music,never will .

I prefer The Edge

his daughter was very 'popular' at wesley years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I've met people who love U2, I've never met anyone who likes Bono

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Spunk84 wrote: »
    I think South Park made the point that he was born **** and will always be **** hahhaha thing tat gets me is that he's running around helping get millions and millions for Africa when he's own country needs the money more !!!!!! Then again I've never listened to any of his music,never will .

If he payed the full rate of tax here what effect do you think thatd have?
    His entire contribution would be a fraction of another tribunal and despite common opinion, we dont exactly need money more then a lot of Africa. Strangely enough he doesnt go preaching about getting donations either, he campaigns against governments holding debts over countries (or the Burma issue).
    Also for someone labeled a publicity whore he doesnt really do a massive amount of interviews or turn up at the opening of an envelope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

his daughter was very 'popular' at wesley years ago

"popular"="fingered"?

[QUOTE=The Great Chinholio;78992240]If he payed the full rate of tax here what effect do you think thatd have?
    His entire contribution would be a fraction of another tribunal and despite common opinion, we dont exactly need money more then a lot of Africa. Strangely enough he doesnt go preaching about getting donations either, he campaigns against governments holding debts over countries (or the Burma issue).
    Also for someone labeled a publicity whore he doesnt really do a massive amount of interviews or turn up at the opening of an envelope.[/QUOTE]

It might stop him harping on? He is a dose.

al28283 wrote: »
    "popular"="fingered"?

don't be saying anything like that about the edge or his daughter

they sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

woodoo wrote: »
    He didn't get to where he is by being a wallflower or a shrinking violet.

I respect the man musically. I am quite angry with him and the other rich Irish people who try their best to not to pay tax here.
    I find it odd though that JP McManus is some sort of folk hero, even though he has been a billionaire tax avoider for a lot longer than Bono. And the source of his wealth is a complete mystery (he won it on the horses - where have we heard that before?), but that's a discussion for another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Spunk84 wrote: »
    Again, to be fair, a million will do a lot more good in poor parts of Africa - if targetted intelligently, not just doled out as charity - than it ever will here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Pantsface wrote: »
    going to a serious length to try and hide his middle spread big belly.

He was...gotten fair chubby hasn't he. Them pants were way too tight too. Ah he's alright sure, not the worst of them. Any lad that can make a few million despite talent for himself is alright in my books including jedward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He`s a horrible little prick that makes me want to vomit every time I see or hear him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I find it odd though that JP McManus is some sort of folk hero, even though he has been a billionaire tax avoider for a lot longer than Bono. And the source of his wealth is a complete mystery (he won it on the horses - where have we heard that before?), but that's a discussion for another thread.

I think of none of them as heros. They are just selfish rich people. I would have so much more respect for them if they (like the rest of us) paid a portion of their income as tax in the country they call home.

Fancy elaborating a little?

I think of none of them as heros. They are just selfish rich people. I would have so much more respect for them if they (like the rest of us) paid a portion of their income as tax in the country they call home.

Which he does. He has businesses based here (like the Clarence). Its U2 Inc. based in Holland and tbh id do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gemma188

the shortarsed tosser doesnt pay tax

Care to back this up with some proof?

• Advertisement

Fancy elaborating a little?

He is always banging on about some human rights or another ff sakes

Getting his mush photographed with some world leader or another

Where has his money been? Not where his mouth has!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gemma188

Yes because its only the rich that avoid paying tax :rolleyes:

gemma188 wrote: »
    Care to back this up with some proof?

here

there is a wealth of information on the internet, i suggest you look around

here

there is a wealth of information on the internet, i suggest you look around

:D

gemma188 wrote: »
    Yes because its only the rich that avoid paying tax :rolleyes:

Gemma, I am a tax payer

Tell me how to avoid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

As an Irish man, do you respect him?

Have just seen him on the late late, going to a serious length to try and hide his middle spread big belly. Not to mention those silly glasses.

He bangs on about too much **** for me to like him much

What you think
    I coudn't focus on his interview to be honest, i was looking at his massive efforts to try and hide his fat belly

coz he has a huge fat belly
    *sobs into joshua tree jocks*

End of trolling celeb bash!

Pants, take your rant elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement