Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The end.

Options
  • 02-06-2012 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

The end of my chubbyness has begun.

3rd day of the gym tomorrow. Come the end of the summer my goal will be complete hopefully. I'll try and take pics along the way but won't be putting them up here.

Push me on folks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Day 3 over.

Feel good. Prob should be pushing myself harder as I am only sore in my shoulder areas which I pushed hard. They should be aching after a good work out I think?

Day 4

Won't be going to the gym today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Are you going to post workouts/what you're actually doing?

Whats the goal you're talking about in your OP?

grimloch wrote: »
    Are you going to post workouts/what you're actually doing?

Whats the goal you're talking about in your OP?

I haven't been really logging what things I'm doing. Just been doing all ares really, apart from chest but will be starting them tomorrow.

I suppose it's hard for people to follow, just want some motivation.

And the goal is to look good and be a normal enough weight.

I'm currently 16st 4 pounds. I'd be happy with 14st 7 pounds. But I can't do any running as I've suffered and injury so gonna try using kettlebells to burn some calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

you wont get much encouragment/motivation if you're not posting up what you're doing.

What are you doing with the kettlebells?
    your goal then is fat loss as opposed to weight loss?

If you cant run, you probably cant squat either so that might rule out the KB goblet squat which is a fantastic exercise.

Try Kettlebell swings for conditioning.
    Do swings for 20 seconds, rest for 40 seconds and repeat by 10.
    Try to count how many swings you get done each time.

If/When that gets a bit easier, change it to 25 seconds on, 35 seconds off, then 30 on, 30 off and then you could go back to first way with a heavier kettlebell.

Take more ownership of your training.
    record it, log it and try to improve a tiny bit every workout

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback, well just posting the days I'm going training is motivation enough as I feel I have to do it each day.

I was doing kettlebell swings alright. Also gonna do exercises with the kettlebells that are like benching, good work for the triceps and chest.

Press ups too.

Shoulder press with free weights - Been doing 10 reps of 15kg each shoulder.

10 reps bicep curls with 12.5 kg each.

15 sit ups with 5 kg weight.

I have to log these I know now, and decide how many sets I'm gonna do.

I have taken current pics so hopefully I'll notice big improvements by the end of August.

Day 5

3 x 10 of

24kg kettlebell swings

2x8 of

bent over rows with 24kg kettlebells

2x10 of

Press ups

2x8 of

30kg barbell (not sure how to describe it, barbell lifted up straight to chest, what's it called?)

15kg dumb bell shoulder press on each

15 kg dumb bell bicep curl

7.5 kg dumb bell tricep extension

7.5 kg dumb bell bicep curl

20kg dumbell shoulder shrug

Day 6

Not going to the gym today. Quite sore after yesterday so don't think I'd be able to do any worthwhile exercise. Back to normal tomorrow for another good workout.

Day 7

3x8 of

24kg Kettlebell swings

2x8 of

25kg dumb bell bent over rows
    15kg dumb bell shoulder press
    10kg dumb bell tricep extension (5kg for each arm)

2x10 of

10kg dumb bell bicep curl
    25kg leg extensions

Was a bad workout, could only manage 5 press ups, my abs were really sore. Wonder why that is. Put me off. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

Samich wrote: »
    The end of my chubbyness has begun.

3rd day of the gym tomorrow. Come the end of the summer my goal will be complete hopefully. I'll try and take pics along the way but won't be putting them up here.

Push me on folks :)

what weight are you? what are you hoping to loose? are you a chap or a non-chap?

• Advertisement

Day 8

Didn't go. Got up really late :( And my abs, not even sure if it's my abs are still sore.

Day 9

3 x 10 of

24kg Kettlebell swings
    Press ups (Below my abs are really sore when doing these, really hard to do)

2 x 9 of

24 Kg Kettlebell bent over rows
    15kg Dumb bell shoulder press
    12.5 kg bicep curl
    7.5 kg bicep curl
    20kg dumb bell shoulder shrug

GASMANN wrote: »
    what weight are you? what are you hoping to loose? are you a chap or a non-chap?

Hey, I'm a male and would be delighted if I got down to 14.5 stone by the end of the summer. I started off at 16 stone 6 pounds

I'm now 16 stone 4.25 pounds, but I weighed myself the last day or two and I was down to 16 stone 3.5 pounds. I'm plotting my weight on an excel graph every day. Not sure how much weight would be put on by doing the small bit of weights I'm doing.

Taking pics along the way so if anyone wants to see the starting pics (not a nice sight :P) I can PM them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

Well done so far :) Just wondering...does your injury prevent you from doing any leg work at all??

Also, Re: the press ups. If they're too difficult then do them from your knees, or sub in another pressing movement. Don't just skip them. However if it's really just your abs that hurt then I'd be inclined to say just get on it with it - a bit of DOMS never killed anyone.

Where did you get your program from?

Didn't do anything since Friday

3x10 of

Press Ups
    24kg Kettlebell swings
    5kg dumb bell lateral raise

2x8 of

20kg shoulder shrug
    10kg dumb bell bicep curl
    17.5kg dumb bell shoulder press
    12.5kg dumb bell (so 6.25 each arm) tricep extension

Well done so far :) Just wondering...does your injury prevent you from doing any leg work at all??

Also, Re: the press ups. If they're too difficult then do them from your knees, or sub in another pressing movement. Don't just skip them. However if it's really just your abs that hurt then I'd be inclined to say just get on it with it - a bit of DOMS never killed anyone.

Where did you get your program from?

Hey, It stops me from squatting and running, 2 things I'd love to do. But I actually have massive legs as it is, so I don't really want to be working them out anyways. I think because I'm heavier that my legs have built themselves up over the years. Not sure if that's possible? :P

And re the press ups, could do them almost perfectly without any soreness. It's actually below my abs, along the waistline. Might have strained something maybe.

And the programme, I just made that up myself. Just would like to be stronger aswell, but main aim is losing weight.

I also do 2-3 miles on a bike before the weights which I haven't mentioned.

Feedback is welcome :D

2x10 of

Press ups
    22.5kg dumb bell bent over rows

3x10 of

5kg dumb bell lateral raises
    10 kg dumb bell curls
    15kg dumb bell tricep extension

Didn't do much today :(

Yesterdays workout

2 x 10 of

press ups
    7kg dumb bell chest flys
    22.5kg dumb bell bent over row

3 x 10 of

5kg dumb bell lateral raises

1 x 10 of

10kg dumb bell bench press

Feel like I'm forgetting some things...hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

I just don't really understand what you're basing the structure on. Why was there 1 set of 10reps on the bench thrown in at the end of that last session? And why only 10kg?

I just don't really understand what you're basing the structure on. Why was there 1 set of 10reps on the bench thrown in at the end of that last session? And why only 10kg?

Did them on the ball and just wanted to see what 10kg was like. Also the listing isn't in order, hasn't been any time. Not sure if it makes a difference?

• Advertisement
Advertisement