Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a question on my build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

cheers but i'm trying to lower cost a bit but i think i'll go for that anyway seems like a better cooler...

i was thinking going for this ram to save a bit.

also i think that i might maybe get a cheaper motherboard like this would that be a big step down.. i've heard that ASUS is prob the best motherboard make around

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭conorhickey

Am i the only on who thinks that while the intel chips are very good the AMD are just as good but far cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

U_Fig wrote: »
    cheers but i'm trying to lower cost a bit but i think i'll go for that anyway seems like a better cooler...

also i think that i might maybe get a cheaper motherboard like this would that be a big step down.. i've heard that ASUS is prob the best motherboard make around

Get that RAM, but the AsRock is a great motherboard for the price and I'd whole-heartedly recommend it over the ASUS.

• Advertisement

Eboggles wrote: »
    U_Fig wrote: »

Get that RAM, but the AsRock is a great motherboard for the price and I'd whole-heartedly recommend it over the ASUS.

Since posting I've read a few more reviews on that board and they all seem great so deffo gonna get it so..has everything I need..it'll bring me back into budget a bit also.. Thanks for the reply hopefully I can get this ordered soon..be waiting long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The thermalright true spirit is cheaper and is quieter and cooler (results at hardwaresecrets or somewhere, I can dig them out if you want).
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/Intel+AMD/52672/Thermalright+True+Spirit+120.article
    Am i the only on who thinks that while the intel chips are very good the AMD are just as good but far cheaper

Depends on your needs. Most people are looking at gaming builds so having a good graphics card is more of an issue. It really comes down to maximum performance and upgradability. Intel have a much higher performance ceiling and are more upgradable as a result. So if you want the best now, you get Intel. If you want to keep your options open right now, you get Intel. If you want a cheap efficient CPU, Intel have this as well. AMD have a few price points for specific needs, like if you just need a CPU that goes and don't really want to upgrade or you want compact integrated graphics better than what Intel offer but don't want a dedicated card. AMD motherboards at low price points can be better too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'm an AMD fanboy and have been ever since they sent a girl with huge boobies and no tehnical knowledge to a conferance I was at. I relaised this was a company with the right priorities. :D

The Software for overclocking also looks the dogs bits. But - its an i5 3570K in my rig - Intel just have uber CPUs in the current gen. That will change - its always a tick tock.

Monotype wrote: »
    The thermalright true spirit is cheaper and is quieter and cooler (results at hardwaresecrets or somewhere, I can dig them out if you want).
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/Intel+AMD/52672/Thermalright+True+Spirit+120.article

Depends on your needs. Most people are looking at gaming builds so having a good graphics card is more of an issue. It really comes down to maximum performance and upgradability. Intel have a much higher performance ceiling and are more upgradable as a result. So if you want the best now, you get Intel. If you want to keep your options open right now, you get Intel. If you want a cheap efficient CPU, Intel have this as well. AMD have a few price points for specific needs, like if you just need a CPU that goes and don't really want to upgrade or you want compact integrated graphics better than what Intel offer but don't want a dedicated card. AMD motherboards at low price points can be better too.

cool i'll look into that cooler alright.. and i'd prefer Intel over AMD i just prefer their chips... maybe because they have employed many of my friends and people i know and I've seen alot of their research as a result

Advertisement