Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl with the sign

Options
  • 02-06-2012 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

I was walking up John street today and heading for Michael Street when I saw adjacent to the "News and Star " a girl with a sign for "Rainbow Records" just sitting there holding it.I thought it weird anyway.Why she had to keep holding it, I dont know but it must have been boring.

Maybe it was some kind of art or something:p.When I was coming back she went off in the direction of New street.The city was fairly crowded today with I assume the visit of the President so alot of people had to have saw her there. At first I thought she was some kind of protester until I got neared to her.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

jimmyw wrote: »
    I was walking up John street today and heading for Michael Street when I saw adjacent to the "News and Star " a girl with a sign for "Rainbow Records" just sitting there holding it.I thought it weird anyway.Why she had to keep holding it, I dont know but it must have been boring.

Maybe it was some kind of art or something:p.When I was coming back she went off in the direction of New street.The city was fairly crowded today with I assume the visit of the President so alot of people had to have saw her there. At first I thought she was some kind of protester until I got neared to her.:confused:

Darn it them waterford folk gone darn write like they talk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

It's a sign pointing to the Rainbow Records shop on New St. They have someone do it most weekends. She keeps holding it cause thats her job. Shop has been there for as long as I can remember, many years.

Actually it was in Parnell Court for years before, but has been on New St a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Yeah shes been there for years, looks bored out of her mind tbh.

I always wondered how much she gets for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

It's a sign pointing to the Rainbow Records shop on New St. They have someone do it most weekends. She keeps holding it cause thats her job.

Must be on the jobsbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

It's a sign pointing to the Rainbow Records shop on New St. They have someone do it most weekends. She keeps holding it cause thats her job. Shop has been there for as long as I can remember, many years.

Actually it was in Parnell Court for years before, but has been on New St a good few years.

Yeah I know the shop well, been in both shops. They buy and sell second hand cds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

jayboi wrote: »
    Must be on the jobsbridge

Could well be,whether she is paid or not seems daft to have someone doing this. Just erect a sign, but then again there may be planning laws. I don't know how long she was or is normally there, as I am not from the city and don't be in too often. It did seem odd to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Maybe she's related to Tom?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's quite the rage in Dublin. I can't imagine how boring it would be and I worked in Hasbro.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

where have you been? sign holders are as old as shops, if you happen to have a cheap rent off a high street where pavement signage is illegal you pay someone to stand with a sign.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/jobs/sign-holder-required-in-dolstonkingland-high-streete8/99874136

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

jimmyw wrote: »

I remember my first trip to a city too, you'll get used to it in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I've a friend runs an outdoor outfitters in Dublin. He uses two sign holders either end of henry st and reckons they're more than worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

if ya throw her a few euros she'll do a little dance for ya also!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

she's there every weekend. Always has the headphones in which I would say you'd need for sanity. Anyway a jobs a job. I would do it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Another mystery solved, I don't think there's more to be said on this and I personally wouldn't like to see more said about an individual doing a normal job. For that reason, I'm closing this thread.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement