Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2 Episode 10 - The Final Episode **Have Not Read The Books***Mod Note Post #1*

• 02-06-2012 3:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭

***Mod note*** Usual rules apply. Seeing as the episode will not air for a few days, speculation discussion etc is fine, trailer discussion is fine but maybe spoiler tag that as some may not want to know anything definite. Anything more please use warnings and spoiler tags and common sense.

So instead of starting it just after seeing the episode, thought might as well make it now, discuss what we think will happen/what we want to happen and so on.

I hope Dany gets those dragons back(does the way she says dragons annoy anyone else? Probably just me). I really want to know more about the house of the undying and the people who live there.

As with what I want to see with all the other lines, I don't really know. Except for Theon getting the life beat out of him of course.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sansa die either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

The dragons storyline is by far the one I'm least keen on seeing but that's mostly to do with the strengths of the other lines. Jon, Bran and Theon in Winterfell, Robb and Arya, Jaime, Sansa and the Hound and the fallout from the siege all rank higher on my list.

Certainly the episode should benefit alot from the extra ten or fifteen minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Looking forward to seeing this leader north of the wall.
    Seems to be a charismatic leader, got the position by ability and not by family.

Not sure will Jon Snow switch sides but I'm sure he'll get a long speech and then HBO will leave us hanging for series 3.

There's something attractive about living free, selecting leaders and not bowing down before "betters". A simple life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I hope it's not like the final episode of season one where all it does is tie up loose ends. It may be ten minutes longer, but there is a hell of alot going on.

I reckon we will not see anything from kings landing, that will be left hanging until season 3, and will just deal with the other stories.

Why can't this be like coronation street and just be on every week instead of in seasons, I don't think I will be able to wait a whole year for the next season

Why can't this be like coronation street...

Sorry, going to have to stop you there.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

isn't 70 minutes more like 25 extra?, like an episode and a half?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

lynski wrote: »
    isn't 70 minutes more like 25 extra?, like an episode and a half?

Episodes are approximately 60 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

Here just putting it out there - could we refer to the trailer in this thread or would that be spoiling?

Mod Edit: Yes if its spoiler tagged, as some may not want to know anything about the episode at all

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing this leader north of the wall.
    Seems to be a charismatic leader, got the position by ability and not by family.

Not sure will Jon Snow switch sides but I'm sure he'll get a long speech and then HBO will leave us hanging for series 3.

There's something attractive about living free, selecting leaders and not bowing down before "betters". A simple life

I don't think it's going to be much of a choice - Halfhand pretty much told Jon he wants him to kill him to curry favour with Manceraider so he can join their troupe as a spy for the Night's Watch.

Jon doesn't need to worry about breaking his 'pledge', at least not yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Does anyone else think with the whole Wildlings heading for the wall thing and Nights Watch men out behind the wall that the Directors may tease us with a bit of White-walker action? Would love to see them again as they have only been hinted at since we saw them in episode 1.

Besides that I want the House of the undying to evolve the Dragons into adult size using the warlocks powers (me thinks I'm asking for too much)

Also really hope Tyrion is still alive.

I hope the bastard from the Dreadford re-takes winterfell and captures Theon.

I also think it would be interesting if the mountain was on the pursuit of Arya and Gendry, though I don't think this is likely.

Oh yeah I want Brienne to run into the Hound and they Duel when he sees Jamie.

Now this is all what I would like to see happen but I very much doubt it will :(

DL Saint wrote: »
    I hope the bastard from the Dreadford re-takes winterfell and captures Theon.
    (

I thought Theon and his small force were heading back to the sea and abandoning Winterfell

His sister ordered it, they are sailors and brigands, not a standing army

So even when this force arrives they'll be long gone. I don't see Theon being captured

I could be wrong

• Advertisement

I thought Theon and his small force were heading back to the sea and abandoning Winterfell

His sister ordered it, they are sailors and brigands, not a standing army

So even when this force arrives they'll be long gone. I don't see Theon being captured

I could be wrong
    I got the impression that he was staying. He seemed to dismiss Yara's orders to leave. I may be wrong though. Think I'll re-watch that episode again later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Firstly Hi.

Now. I don't really care what goes on in Quarth. That story line is a bit boring.

I hope to see what happens beyond the Wall with Jon. See more of the white walkers and the King beyond the Wall. Maybe Winter will finally come.

I want to know what happened with Robb and Tywin. Tywin did say he hoped to steal a march on them in the night so I hope he hasn't won the battle but if he made it back to King's Landing it doesn't look good.

After that I hope Joffrey get's his comeuppance. And Sansa to give it to him but if Tyrion lives (I think he will) he may have a say in it.

There seems to be way too much left to fit into one episode I hope it's not a rush job.

Am I the only one that doesn't think Sansa went with the Hound?

Tyson went to relieve King's Landing in the belief Robb wouldn't attack him untill his forces had returned from retaking Winterfell; he had no off-screen battle with Robb.

To completely dispel any notion of that Tywin says at the end of the last episode "the battle is over", if he had routed Stannis and beaten Robb the war would be won.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

Going by trailer sansa didn't go with the hound. The fool. Also looks like something dramatic going on in quarth.

With the Tyrells onside Robb may not be able to hold the north

Interesting what will happen to Stannis. Will sexy red lady still see him as the chosen I wonder

I hope Theon gets sodomized by Rob's direwolf. Really looking forward to this finale!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I wonder where Arya's direwolf is.

Casterly Rock or Lannisport, it's one of them,not sure

Both important anyway, sure to be lots of gold to be pillaged

Would be a good time for an attack

Casterly Rock or Lannisport, it's one of them,not sure

Both important anyway, sure to be lots of gold to be pillaged

Would be a good time for an attack
    It's Casterly Rock.

Contemplating on whether to stay up and watch it. What time does it usually become available at?

Thanks! 'Tis either tonight or late Tuesday, and I don't think I can wait that long! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Live streaming it is the way forward. Decent ep

Watched it live! If you don't want it spoiled stop reading now!

one blast for rangers returning, two blasts for wildlings marching on the wall, three blasts for white walkers......RUN!!!

That episode was decent overall. The events in Kings Landing were of no surprise really. Margaery to marry Joffrey, Tywin as hand of the king, Littlefinger trying to help Sansa (cause he loves Cat). The only slightly surprising thing was Varys, don't know what he wants with Littlefingers whore tbh.
    Feel very sorry for Tyrion as he has pretty much lost everything (bar shae) and he is not being acknowledged for the Lannisters victory.

The other story lines progressed as well. We got to see Briennes fighting skills. Robb married Tulissa. And can't forget Arya finding out that Jaquen H'gar is some kind of a shape-shifter, as was Syrio presumably?

Winterfell storyline was disappointing. Is Theon dead now or just knocked out?
    Sad to see it burned and Maestar Luwin dead. You could really see how Shae did not want to go North because she knew of it's dangers.

The Daenery's story line delivered. The "Tracharas" bit was awesome and I loved seeing Drogo if not just for a brief minute. Then the bit with Zara felt great as he got what was coming to him. Looks like Daener's is finally going to get to Westeros. I didn't realise she had so many Dothraki left with her. Had they been captured in Quarth or something?

Jon Snow killing Quaran Hafan was something I did not see coming, but I guess that is the price he had to pay in order to gain the wildlings trust.

Finally the White Walkers scene was brief but brilliant. We know they are back in numbers. We know what they look like (appear different to in episode 1 imo). We know what their leader looks like. And it was clear that many of them have the appearance of dead wildling or nights watch men.

Season 3 is setting up to be very eventful.

Holy mother of divine mercy! :eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

S*** just got real there at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I think the Iron islanders hate Theon so much they will drag him back to his father alive to shame him rather than just kill him in Winterfell.

Great episode, can't wait for season 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Standard siege terms give us your leader and the rest of you can go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

F*ckin boss...

Now what do I do with my life until it comes back ?!?!?!!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

A few quick thoughts;

1. Theon gave a great speech - pity the audience were much more re.

2. The Qarth story line was the weak link in this season but the ending of it was good- great to see the Khaleesi being the Khaleesi again.

3. Line of the episode for me is claimed by Karl Drogo: “These are questions for wise men with skinny arms.”

4. **** just got real big time north of the wall

5. Season 3 is nine months away - it's going to be a long wait. Still, Breaking Bad is back soon....

Time to re watch Season 1 2 again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Great episode . Can't wait for it to come back now :(

• Advertisement

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    3. Line of the episode for me is claimed by Khal* Drogo: “These are questions for wise men with skinny arms.”

Loved that :D

Also was giddy for a minute when it looked like we'd be seeing Jaquen a good bit more! But looks like he's out of the picture for a while :(

He also removed his devilishly handsome face! Dammit!

Really enjoyed that, such a long wait for the next season :(

Who burned Winterfell? That bit confused me as it looked like they were leaving and there were 200 men outside.

Great speech by Theon

What does a man have to do to get a little respect

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I think the Iron islanders hate Theon so much they will drag him back to his father alive to shame him rather than just kill him in Winterfell.

Great episode, can't wait for season 3!

I thought maybe they were gonna hand him over to the northeners to accept robs deal,"any ironman can go free except theon"
    but since they burned winterfell maybe not

It was Stannis that led the war against Jeoffrey, right? I thought the last time we saw him he was being captured? How come he's free in this episode, with the witch etc?

Or I'm possibly forgetting a scene, or confusing him with someone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

He wasn't captured it was his own men that where restraining him.

Ah I see :) But that still leaves the question of how did he escape? :confused: I guess they had an escape route if they were dragging him there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Who burned Winterfell? That bit confused me as it looked like they were leaving and there were 200 men outside.

Yeah, this bit confused me. I thought the Starks had 200 men outside, so how was Winterfell burnt? Surely the Starks wouldn't burn it nor would they just sit out there while it was been burned.

Good episode though, roll on Season 3!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ok, that portion in Winterfell had a pretty big gap in it's continuity; if there were 200 Starks laying siege, where did they disappear to that they let Winterfell burn? Fair enough if they let the Iron Islanders go, I can accept thata deal might have been struck, but you'd think they would then garrison Winterfell for the Starks rather than let it smoulder. I'd almost ask for book spoilers to have that one answered because it's genuinely annoying me that Bronn & co. are now needless castaways.

Otherwise, a finale to the season in all aspects; every storyline gets enough momentum to leave us asking "What now?"
    • What now for Tyrion? Reduced circumstances, and enemies surround him, though possibly the most powerful man as a quiet ally?
    • And speaking of - what now for Varys? I have to say, he has grown on me. He's the only man in King's Landing whose motives (apparently) don't stem from a desire for power, or from the waist down; plus he seems to have the kingdom's best interests at heart, rather than any one faction's. A moderate, if you will.
    • I guess Danaerys has the money now to mount a proper challenge to the crown. The future vision in the throne-room was interesting - if the wizards intended to keep her chained up, where did the hallucination come from?
    • I bet Sansa wishes she took up The Hound's offer now
    • What now for Arya? Where exactly is she going?
    • What now for Rob's alliance with the Freys? He has pretty much scuppered any easy march back North when the war is over.
    • What now for Jon Snow, as I'm unsure what exactly the wildling plot is. Attack the Wall, grand; but where do they fit in with this march of the undead?

As for that ending ... zombies! Not the biggest fan of that extremely-overused genre, but it was quite the ending all the same. A shame that poor Sam is (likely) dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I'm also confused about who burned Winterfell and where those 200 odd lads went. I guess the Iron Islanders could have burned it then escaped through tunnels but where did the northerners go!?

Good episode overall, was glad to finally see the dragon storyline go somewhere, it was getting tiresome.

Finally some whitewalker action! The lad on the horse was very cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The burning of Winterfell confused me as well. With the army outside, guaranteeing the iron borns deaths if Theon wasn't handed over, then no sign of the army at all. Maybe it's just me, but if you take back land from the enemy, you then make sure it stays secure.

And why are Hodor, Bran, Osha and the other boy going to the wall? Though this goes back to the above point about where did the army go?

One of the coolest scenes involved Dany, dragons and fire again. Except more clothes this time
    Damn it! :)

The Robb storyline was pretty non existent, bar the Braveheart type marriage. Was even listening for the music from that film.

And hope we haven't seen the last of Bronn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Just to clarify for people who haven't picked up on the distinction yet.

Dude on the horse = A white walker (also referred to as an 'other')
    Zombie-looking creatures around him = wights (basically just reanimated corpses)

It's explained in bits and pieces throughout season 1 and 2 but with everything else going on it's easy to miss things.

I thought they did a really good job with the white walker's appearance! His wight horse was awesome as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Just to clarify for people who haven't picked up on the distinction yet.

Dude on the horse = A white walker (also referred to as an 'other')
    Zombie-looking creatures around him = wights (basically just reanimated corpses)

It's explained in bits and pieces throughout season 1 and 2 but with everything else going on it's easy to miss things.

I thought they did a really good job with the white walker's appearance! His wight horse was awesome as well.

So the White Walker's the one who isn't actually walking? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So the White Walker's the one who isn't actually walking? :P

Yeah that was the big end-of-season twist! :p

Guys reader here.

Mod Edit: Book Spoiler about men outside Winterfell
    The men outside Winterfell were Boltons. Roose Bolton's bastard son Ramsay Snow was sent to take back Winterfell in Robb's name. I'm sure the burning will be revealed next season but it wasn't Starks at the gate, it was Boltons.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Is the white walker on the horse the mad king?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

The sacking of Winterfell has me confused too.

Good finale overall, although I think Danerys targayen and Jon Snow's storylines were too rushed throughout the season IMO. Too many pointless, long conversations between the Lannisters could have been replaced by more expansion on the other subplots. Can't wait to finally see the White walkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

MaxSteele wrote: »
    The sacking of Winterfell has me confused too.

Good finale overall, although I think Danerys targayen and Jon Snow's storylines were too rushed throughout the season IMO. Too many pointless, long conversations between the Lannisters could have been replaced by more expansion on the other subplots. Can't wait to finally see the White walkers.

You already seen a white walker, it was those lads on the dead horses.

The nights watch sent a party north led the old commander Mormont

Then that party of five or six set off to assassinate Manceraider, plan failed obviously

Where are the rest of the party and the commander?
    Are they up on top of that mountain we saw at the end?
    Or have they headed back to the wall?

Been a few weeks since that decision was made, I can't remember :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Syferus wrote: »
    I don't think it's going to be much of a choice - Halfhand pretty much told Jon he wants him to kill him to curry favour with Manceraider
    Then that party of five or six set off to assassinate Manceraider, plan failed obviously

His name isn't one word, though it's an understandable mistake because of the way characters pronounce it.
    But he's actually Mance Rayder.

• Advertisement
Advertisement