Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have a read of this next time you intend on flashing someone..

• 02-06-2012 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1997-06.html

21 December 1997, Texas
    A Dallas man who was exposing himself to passing traffic died Friday night. Police were alerted by a motorist who had spotted Richard Hollis, 47, standing naked on a railroad trestle. When officers arrived, Hollis was standing under the trestle, still naked. As officers approached, he grabbed his clothes and ran back onto the railroad trestle. He leapt from the trestle, apparently aiming for a concrete support underneath, but missed and fell 35 feet to the ground. He died at Parkland hospital an hour later.
    Reference: Dallas Morning News

Poor Richard :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Ok, I'll not read it now. But I don't think I'll have access to this thread when the need to read it presents itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

35 feet - I don't think clothes would have helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

He wouldnt of been in this mess had he of worn clothes :mad:

Also, How humiliating! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

If only he was called Flash Gordon if only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Not so clever Dick

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 mintoffdom

ckeego wrote: »
    Not so clever Dick

Dammit! You beat me to it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

naked on a free way ? Must be a zombie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

... 1997?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

R.i.p. brave man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

God, that Terminator 5 plot sounds thin..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Strange way to committ suicide but yeah whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

At lest he should everyone the balls he had

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

35 feet - I don't think clothes would have helped.
    If you wear the right clothes you can jump from 2,400 feet without a parachute like Gary Connery.

Advertisement