Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spots available on charter boats

Options
  • 02-06-2012 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have a fishing group named Fishing Enthusiasts of Dublin. We have a few days picked and reserved with some skippers (from different locations). We occasionally have a couple of spare spots.

We currently have 2 spots available out of Carlingford Lough on saturday the 23rd of June with skipper Peyton Cunningham. I have gone fishing with him and had a great day. The spot is 50€ and will need to be sorted in advance as I cant afford people signing up and disappearing at the last minute.

for more details join us (it's free of charge).

http://www.meetup.com/Fishing-enthusiasts-of-Dublin/events/55127082/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Miamiheat

Really surpised there are no takers. Last year I had to refuse space on the boats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

hi there, p cunninghams boat is licenced to carry twelve, which at 50 euros a head would be quite expensive for a full day charter would it not..

hi there, p cunninghams boat is licenced to carry twelve, which at 50 euros a head would be quite expensive for a full day charter would it not..

50€ per day per angler for full day charter boat is a very fair price. The fact that the boat can take 12 is irrelevant as we limit it to 10 and anymore than that becomes very uncomfortable, especially if there are strong currents and people start getting entangled. Would be curious to find cheaper rates for a full day.
    cheers

Your First post was for two spaces on a full day charter, people that know the boat in question would know of the capacity that can be carried, so the maximum numbers is relevant, unless you indicate otherwise which you didn't.
    Also at 500euro for a full day is indeed on the high side,

Declan kilgannons boat the Kiwi girl is 450 a day, And a bigger faster boat than the pisces 2.

Your First post was for two spaces on a full day charter, people that know the boat in question would know of the capacity that can be carried, so the maximum numbers is relevant, unless you indicate otherwise which you didn't.
    Also at 500euro for a full day is indeed on the high side,

Declan kilgannons boat the Kiwi girl is 450 a day, And a bigger faster boat than the pisces 2.

Thats fine but getting to Sligo will cost you more in the end between petrol and possibly accomodations.
    Anyways the thread is about offering available spots on a charter boats as many times people cannot book because they arent enough. So cutting short the discussion I have 2 spots on the PISCIS II leaving from Carlingford on the 23rd of June. Its about 90 minutes from Dublin if memory serves me well and we wont be more than 10 on the boat (to be more confortable).
    cost per angler is 50€ for the full day.
    Had a vey nice sessions last year and Peyton was very attentive. He is well known for tope although we didnt catch any on that particular occasion.
    for more details PM me

• Advertisement

The kiwi girl is indeed on the west coast, though you asked for an example of a cheaper boat, well Kit Dunnes boat out of Wicklow is 400 for the day, an much further south and better fishing grounds than carling ford,

Perhaps 35/40 euros a share might get more bits if you pardon the pun.......

The kiwi girl is indeed on the west coast, though you asked for an example of a cheaper boat, well Kit Dunnes boat out of Wicklow is 400 for the day, an much further south and better fishing grounds than carling ford,

Perhaps 35/40 euros a share might get more bits if you pardon the pun.......

Like i said this thread is to offer spots, not to discuss with you all the options of Ireland. Thanks for your imput. If you want to discuss all options why dont you open your own thread for that.
    cheers

:"PISCES II is a well equipped and safe sea going vessel fully licensed and approved by the Dept of Marine and M.C.A. to carry 11 passengers."

Advertisement