Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair removal on upper lip

• 02-06-2012 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi

A friend of mine is worrying about hair she has on her upper lip and wants to remove it. Its not really noticeable and not dark but she is convinced that everyone can see it!

Whats the best way to remove it at a reasonable price as she doesn't want to start a course of treatments in a salon.

A few friends have used facial wax from chemists, but she's afraid to use these in case of a reaction and she is left with a red / sore upper lip - even more noticeable than the hair there at the moment.

Other friends have suggested one of those battery operated hair trimmers but how to these work? Do they cut the hair (like shaving) and would it be even worse when it starts to grow back or would it be bristly (like a man's beard)? If you start using one of these can you stop if you don't like it or would it just look worse if you stop??

Any suggestions or recommendations?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Threading is great. It doesn't take long, doesn't cost much and it doesn't leave any bumps or red marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭soupdrinker

How often would you have to have it done, or what is the regrowth like, after threading??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think how often depends on the person. I got about 3 weeks out of it before I got regrowth. Because the hair is fairly fine it's not noticeable as it regrows and it's definitely not stubbly or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I would tell your friend proceed with caution here esp if the hair is fine, could she bleach it? waxing stimulates the hair follicles in a lot of case in facial hair and I would imagine threading could do the same.Electrolysis is the only permanent method of hair removal, it is painful on the upper lip area though.

Advertisement