Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 8 to Balbriggan

Options
  • 02-06-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭

Hi^^

Me and a guy in a wheelchair are planning a trip to Balbriggan Cemetery this Bank Holiday Monday. We know, the place is somewhere on Naul Road.

Which is the best way with public transport to get over there? We are based on Clanbrassil Street, Dublin 8.

And how long would the journey take approx.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Down to Patrick St, get the 150/27 down to Fleet St, down to Tara St and DART out to Balbriggan. I'd guess an hour and a half.

Definitely get the train out to Balbriggan, it only takes 45 minutes from Pearse Street; stay well away from the buses!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

45-55 mins on the train to Balbriggan, buses I'm not to sure with the mini marathon on, perhaps about an hour.

Once you get off the train in Balbriggan, you walk straight up Railway Street, turn right at the Spar,and then turn left up Chapel Street at the Harvest Pub.

To the graveyard from the train station is a good 15 minute walk in Balbriggan and it's slightly uphill so a cab may be an option for you. It should be about €6 to the graveyard. There's a cab office called 'G Cabs' just outside the car park of the train station.

So on a Bank Holiday Monday you are looking at it taking you about 2 hours to get from Clanbrassil Street to the graveyard in Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

pithater1 wrote: »
    45-55 mins on the train to Balbriggan, buses I'm not to sure with the mini marathon on, perhaps about an hour.

Once you get off the train in Balbriggan, you walk straight up Railway Street, turn right at the Spar,and then turn left up Chapel Street at the Harvest Pub.

To the graveyard from the train station is a good 15 minute walk in Balbriggan and it's slightly uphill so a cab may be an option for you. It should be about €6 to the graveyard. There's a cab office called 'G Cabs' just outside the car park of the train station.

So on a Bank Holiday Monday you are looking at it taking you about 2 hours to get from Clanbrassil Street to the graveyard in Balbriggan.

Do they have wheelchair accessible cabs?

And we have to go tomorrow, it's somebody's 5th anniversary. Hopefully, we don't get stuck in the marathon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Do they have wheelchair accessible cabs?

And we have to go tomorrow, it's somebody's 5th anniversary. Hopefully, we don't get stuck in the marathon ;)

I'm not too sure to be honest, their number is 841 7777 (I think) if you want to give them a call to check. I know they have at least one 7 seater cab so that should do the job for you. Bracken Cabs (836 4646 again I think) are another option for you to consider. Again I know they have at least the one 7 seater cab.

To avoid getting stuck in the marathon maybe a cab up to Connolly Station (via Patrick Street, Winetavern Street and the North Quays) might suit.

Bear in mind the trains will be on a Sunday timetable tomorrow. You will be getting onto a train that is going to Drogheda (they usually go from platform 7 in Connolly on the Sunday timetable).

• Advertisement
Advertisement