Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography HL or OL?

• 02-06-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Because of my useless teacher I feel that I can't do HL geography, but I was looking forward to it in 5th year. I have covered only the OL topics, so I would have to study to do HL, and there is not much time left now ( I can't cover 2 years course in 2 weeks). The project is same for both levels and I did it pretty good so I hope for at least 15/20% from it.
    The problem is that I was sure that I will do HL geography, so I picked higher for my leaving cert, and now I am unsure what to do. I've got over 80% on OL on the mocks. Should I stay on higher (I still have a lot to study for other subjects too) or downgrade to ordinary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 teacake

What grade are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wilwarin

I need 420 points and I am doing 6 HL out of 7 subject if I include geography HL

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wilwarin

I need around 60-70 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭electoralshock

if you did ordinary for the mocks i would stay in ordinary level. You missed the option question in the ordinary level paper. This is a big question as it is an essay worth 80marks. I say play it safe. Try and get you A1 in ordinary and 60 points. :)

Advertisement