Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Organic Weedkiller

Options
  • 02-06-2012 10:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Just thiought Id throw this up on the gardening forum for anyone who hasnt seen this product yet.

"Irish Organic Weedkiller"....is an Irish made product and its "organic",its 100% natural, doesnt have any nasty chemicals in it like the normal chemical weedkillers,and its a very good alternative to the normal chemical weedkiller solutions.

Its about 8 euro a bottle from most good gardening centres and DIY stores.

Regards.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

That looks good. I tried one of the organic weedkillers a few years back and while it did kill the top of the plant it regrew from the base as the weedkiller wasnt systemic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

cheaper still if you make your own...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I have never tried this but a person I know showed it to me and it smelled like extremely strong vinegar which is supposed to be a good weedkiller in it's own right afaik.

I think I will get a bottle and try it out for myself, hopefully it does a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

The one I tried smelt of amonia to me, worked very well to kill off top growth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

The products Safety Data sheet lists its composition as 50% acetic acid(vinegar). Hardly earth shattering scientific research when you read the marketing blurb on the company website.

Safety Data Sheet

• Advertisement
Advertisement